Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 11-16-2019, 07:40 PM   #181
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRunner89 View Post
Dude.... Cumberland has never done nothing flagrant during his time here pretty good track record I'm not sure about brannen tho, and baseing all this criticism off the first day he was hired not just 1 game or 3 games
Guess your forgetting his off the court issue that nearly got him suspended 2 yrs ago... 😒
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 08:05 PM   #182
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Mcginnjw is on a distinguished road
FYI - UC is playing football tonight. Not sure if any knows this but we #17 in the country and struggling to keep our NYE6 bowl game hopes alive.
Mcginnjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 09:02 PM   #183
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcginnjw View Post
FYI - UC is playing football tonight. Not sure if any knows this but we #17 in the country and struggling to keep our NYE6 bowl game hopes alive.
Brannen f-ed it all up
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 07:50 AM   #184
Bearcats92

Bearcats92 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Guess your forgetting his off the court issue that nearly got him suspended 2 yrs ago... 😒
What did Cumberland do?
Bearcats92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 02:04 PM   #185
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcats92 View Post
What did Cumberland do?
I don't recall this either. What happened?
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 02:34 AM   #186
Lawrugby

Lawrugby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alum2013 View Post
I don't recall this either. What happened?
I don’t remember it either - Cland to my knowledge is always subdued, no problem to coaches. I also do not believe Cland refused to go in Drake game at the end as I read posted on the board. That makes no sense. He came back his senior year and is in pursuit of the record books - not wanting to be in against weak competition when he is still trying to get into game shape makes no sense WSE.
Lawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 07:02 AM   #187
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrugby View Post
I don’t remember it either - Cland to my knowledge is always subdued, no problem to coaches. I also do not believe Cland refused to go in Drake game at the end as I read posted on the board. That makes no sense. He came back his senior year and is in pursuit of the record books - not wanting to be in against weak competition when he is still trying to get into game shape makes no sense WSE.

also doesn't make sense for him to do something to get suspended for the easiest game of the year.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 07:48 AM   #188
itsamemario

itsamemario is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRunner89 View Post
Brannen has never sent a soul to the NBA, he's never had a top 50 win
are you being serious right now? What the hell did mick do at murray state?

You are literally comparing mick at UC, who was in the big east most of the time to Brannen at NKU
itsamemario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 08:09 AM   #189
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
FWIW, Cumberland missed the Tulsa home game during his freshman year for a curfew violation.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 09:14 AM   #190
Loser Mentality

Loser Mentality is on a distinguished road
I see morals and doing things the right way are becoming a thing of the past. It doesn't matter what Jarron has done or hasn't done in his first 3 years as a Bearcat. All that matters is the 2019-2020 season. With that being said, he's done something to put himself in the position he was currently in during the Alabama A&M game.

Cincinnati in general (Reds, Bengals, UC in key moments) have never been able to flip the switch from loser's to consistent Championship teams, and now some of us as fans are will to coddle "Losing Ways" and make excuses for them as well.

As fans we can't have it both ways. If Jarron F'd up, then Jarron needs to fix it so everyone can move on. That's the players job. It's like we are so used to losing, we'll support the bad, when we should be reprimanding them. Why is Cincinnati as fans in general so afraid of genuine success, and change for better.
Loser Mentality is offline   Reply With Quote