Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2019, 11:06 AM   #571
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Interesting stat... Jarron's usage rate is up to 29.9%... by far the highest on the team and 7 points more than the #2 player

His usage rate is only down slightly from last year by 2.1pts
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 11:08 AM   #572
MDW79

MDW79 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I don't mind.

Good. See you later.
Old 11-26-2019, 11:20 AM   #573
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDW79 View Post
Nothing obvious about it. In fact, the only obvious thing is what you clearly stated. Don't backtrack now. You're openly rooting for an empty arena. You said so right here.

Not only does that hurt this coach, this team, these players, and the program moving forward, it hurts the entire athletic department and university. So that's what you're calling for.

You're stomping your little toddler feet and pouting cuz you don't the coach, which you made clear before he started. And now the whole program bs damned. You're so mad you'll subject everyone here to these ridiculous posts. Like a adolescent emo girl screaming "I wish you were dead!" to her parents you cry out " I hope the arena is empty! ".

You sure showed them/us/Brannen! Now go up to your room, slam the door, and crank up some My Chemical Romance you overdramatic brat.

Jesus f'n Christ...
Lol

I’m more of a Tool fan

Last edited by justinhub2003; 11-26-2019 at 11:59 AM.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 11:33 AM   #574
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDW79 View Post
I think at this point anyone can call out your fandom. I just wish you'd stop polluting the boards. A post here and there is bad enough, but it's beyond overkill.

We all get it. You don't like Brannen. But how about not ruining the threads for those of us who actually like to read rational discussion about our favorite team? No one wants to wade through page after page of bs whining.
I’ve contributed more meaningful content to this board than a lot of people.

I have zero beef with John Brannen. But if Mick Cronin dropped 24 spots in kenpom in what should have been the cake walk of all cake walks tournament, then I’d be on his ass too.

I was absolutely fine with the way we were playing going into paradise jam and I was even fine after we squeezed out a win on Friday night. But Saturday I watched a coach seemingly get out coached by a mid major team. Who the next day got its ass kicked by first year coach Steve Alford. Then last night, we once again blow a 10 point lead to low level MVC team.

Why did Steve Alfords team win the tourney ? They lost far more than we did. They have a brand new coach just like we do.

In fact, we played so poorly that people who were all on the John Brannen is God train, quickly were ready to jump off. Get on those people not me. I was a skeptic from the very beginning because of his lack of success within the top 100.

I hope we win it all this year. If John Brannen gives me reason to believe in him, I will. I won’t hate to just hate like a lot of people did to mick. I’ll be all in.
Old 11-26-2019, 01:27 PM   #575
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I’ve contributed more meaningful content to this board than a lot of people.

I have zero beef with John Brannen. But if Mick Cronin dropped 24 spots in kenpom in what should have been the cake walk of all cake walks tournament, then I’d be on his ass too.

I was absolutely fine with the way we were playing going into paradise jam and I was even fine after we squeezed out a win on Friday night. But Saturday I watched a coach seemingly get out coached by a mid major team. Who the next day got its ass kicked by first year coach Steve Alford. Then last night, we once again blow a 10 point lead to low level MVC team.
I'm not sure if you're delusional or literally post so much fueled by your fangirl passion that you don't even remember what you say. After the first game you were already talking about Brannen wasn't a good coach, comparing last years team stats to 1 game so far this year, and comparing what Mick would have done. After one game.

I could bet there aren't more than 2 people on this forum who would agree you want Brannen to succeed and don't have something against him (replacing your beloved). I truly believe you would prefer we suck for 3 years, get a new coach you approve of, and then do well vs you be wrong and Brannen do well.

Also to self-proclaim your amazing contribution to this board is also laughable. The majority of people would likely prefer you didn't post here again. Posting a lot doesn't mean you're actually saying anything.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 01:32 PM   #576
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alum2013 View Post
I'm not sure if you're delusional or literally post so much fueled by your fangirl passion that you don't even remember what you say. After the first game you were already talking about Brannen wasn't a good coach, comparing last years team stats to 1 game so far this year, and comparing what Mick would have done. After one game.

I could bet there aren't more than 2 people on this forum who would agree you want Brannen to succeed and don't have something against him (replacing your beloved). I truly believe you would prefer we suck for 3 years, get a new coach you approve of, and then do well vs you be wrong and Brannen do well.

Also to self-proclaim your amazing contribution to this board is also laughable. The majority of people would likely prefer you didn't post here again. Posting a lot doesn't mean you're actually saying anything.
I honestly think Justin wants uc to win. Problem is, He also wants to be right about brannen and he’s mad Cronin left. Not sure why he takes that out on brannen but he does.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 01:37 PM   #577
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:

So your saying that I’m happy that we lost to Bowling Green?

That I paid 30 bucks to just Because I wanted to watch them lose? Or that I paid 500 dollars for 4 tickets to the WSU game as an upgrade to my normal season tickets just so I could get a closer view of the Brannen meltdown ?

After OSU I said I wasn’t happy with the way Jarron was used and that he was out coached by holtman in the 2nd half.

I quickly moved on.

And I’ll quickly move if we right the ship. If we win the rest of the home games on our schedule I’ll be ecstatic.

I live the moment. Game to game.

And it’s hilarious that people are more concerned with my opinions than they are talking about UC. Just like... don’t read my opinions. It’s easy Bruh
Old 11-26-2019, 01:41 PM   #578
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
So your saying that I’m happy that we lost to Bowling Green?

That I paid 30 bucks to just Because I wanted to watch them lose? Or that I paid 500 dollars for 4 tickets to the WSU game as an upgrade to my normal season tickets just so I could get a closer view of the Brannen meltdown ?

After OSU I said I wasn’t happy with the way Jarron was used and that he was out coached by holtman in the 2nd half.

I quickly moved on.

And I’ll quickly move if we right the ship. If we win the rest of the home games on our schedule I’ll be ecstatic.

I live the moment. Game to game.

And it’s hilarious that people are more concerned with my opinions than they are talking about UC. Just like... don’t read my opinions. It’s easy Bruh
I think you would be happier if UCLA won the NCAA tourney and UC didn't because it would prove you were right.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 02:04 PM   #579
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
I think you would be happier if UCLA won the NCAA tourney and UC didn't because it would prove you were right.
If Mick goes 0-31 at UCLA I wouldn't give a shit. He's gone.

I haven't brought up UCLA all season since the games started. Someone had to come rub it in that they lost a buy game. I haven't watch a UCLA game all season.

And there is a huge difference between having doubts about a coach stepping up this level and fearfully being right Vs wanting the team to lose just so I can be right.

Its no secret that I don't believe UC did much at all to try and Keep Mick Cronin. Which means they believe we could do better. So I'm holding them to it.

A new coach does not change my expectations. If Cronin coached us through a performance like Paradise Jam, Im absolutely certain this board would rip him into pieces. And rightfully so.

All that said... while we sucked last night for the most part, I liked what I saw from Brannen when he chose to go with a Freshman Point guard to close the game. It was a ballsy move that in my opinion won us the game.

I just want to win. I want to be nationally relevant. I want to recruit at a high level.
Old 11-26-2019, 03:56 PM   #580
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
Diarra is clearly better at rebounding. Diarra leads Vogt by a good margin in rebounds per 40 minutes, defensive rebounds per 40 and DRB and TRB percentage. Vogt leads in offensive rebounding, but that's because Vogt did some major stat padding against A&M and Illinois St: the two worst teams we have faced and two teams with no one close to his size. Against those two teams he had 12 combined offensive rebounds, against everyone else he has 3.

Defensively is harder to measure statistically, but what I see is Diarra is clearly superior (Diarra does have a quite a bit better DRTG than Vogt). Vogt gets shot over regularly and provides no help defense. Multiple times a game the other team scores on a drive and Vogt is leaving the paint because his only focus is his own man. Diarra is much more of a rim protector and shot blocking presence.

Offensively Vogt is superior, but Diarra has plenty of potential on the offensive end.
Extrapolating per 40 minute stats for someone who hasn't even averaged 10 minutes a game is useless (unless you are trying to support ridiculous claims). If Sam Martin comes in during cleanup time and gets a couple rebounds, I'd guess you'd say he is clearly a great rebounder. Also, it seems you like to focus heavily on offensive rebounding. For starters, when you are the focal point on offense like Vogt is you aren't going to get as many offensive rebounders. He is constantly getting doubled team which leaves others like Scott free for rebounds.

Vogt rarely gets shot over, he is an incredibly intimidating defender because of how tall and long he is. Diarra on the other hand is constantly out of position and too weak to defend in the post. It's laughable that you think he is "clearly superior" and Vogt is a "stiff". lol.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote