Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 12-06-2019, 04:51 AM   #31
z_bearcat

z_bearcat is on a distinguished road
So often, UC plays so poorly against X that the game appears to be a mismatch. UC has to give itself a chance to win by actually competing. I realize beating X this year will be difficult as it is a really good team. But UC must be in the game and playing close so that it has a chance at the upset. As long as UC plays well, I will be satisfied.
z_bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 08:29 AM   #32
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by z_bearcat View Post
So often, UC plays so poorly against X that the game appears to be a mismatch. UC has to give itself a chance to win by actually competing. I realize beating X this year will be difficult as it is a really good team. But UC must be in the game and playing close so that it has a chance at the upset. As long as UC plays well, I will be satisfied.

yeah it was getting old when the games were basically over in the first 10 minutes because it seemed like we didn't realize a game was going on.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 08:32 AM   #33
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
yeah it was getting old when the games were basically over in the first 10 minutes because it seemed like we didn't realize a game was going on.
I think you under estimate how intense the Cintas center is on shootout games.
Fifth third arena is tame In comparison.

Zero way to prepare for that kinda environment.

This season might be close but it will mostly be due to the fact that Xavier doesn’t shoot that well compared to Mack’s teams
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 09:06 AM   #34
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post

This season might be close but it will mostly be due to the fact that Xavier doesn’t shoot that well compared to Mack’s teams
Agreed. The average UC student/fan doesn't view this game the way the majority of Xavier students/fans view this game.

They literally only have their Bball and there's nothing else to do there. When I was at UC most people didn't even realize the game was happening unless they heard someone else mention it. The xavier campus KNOWS the game is about to go down and get amped. It's like a high school atmosphere where everyone knows everyone, knows everyone's business, and then during games feed off each others collective douchiness and energy. It can make for a raucous environment but there's a reason there have been numerous complaints about their crowd.

Last edited by Alum2013; 12-06-2019 at 09:11 AM.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 09:17 AM   #35
itsamemario

itsamemario is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alum2013 View Post
Agreed. The average UC student/fan doesn't view this game the way the majority of Xavier students/fans view this game.

They literally only have their Bball and there's nothing else to do there. When I was at UC most people didn't even realize the game was happening unless they heard someone else mention it. The xavier campus KNOWS the game is about to go down and get amped. It's like a high school atmosphere where everyone knows everyone, knows everyone's business, and then during games feed off each others collective douchiness and energy. It can make for a raucous environment but there's a reason there have been numerous complaints about their crowd.
Guess im the same as Xavier fans because I will never be able to not care about this game. This game is huge for me every year. I absolutely hate losing to xavier. Id rather give up my first born than lose to xavier
itsamemario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 09:40 AM   #36
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Xavier fans sh*t standing up.

Brannen is about to breast feed Travis Steele.
Old 12-06-2019, 09:50 AM   #37
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

they did the same thing to us in the neutral site game.

they just seemed to be in our heads. hopefully we come out playing tomorrow.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 09:52 AM   #38
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsamemario View Post
Guess im the same as Xavier fans because I will never be able to not care about this game. This game is huge for me every year. I absolutely hate losing to xavier. Id rather give up my first born than lose to xavier
I said the "average UC student/fan" lol We are in the minority.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 10:33 AM   #39
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
they did the same thing to us in the neutral site game.

they just seemed to be in our heads. hopefully we come out playing tomorrow.
We split the games at US Bank.

We won by 15 in the first one.

And Xavier should have never beat us at fifth third in 14-15, gary Clark just happened to make a mistake that usually never happens with him.

If Gary doesn’t foul in that game and we likely win. Which would put UC 5-4 in the last 9 years instead of 4-5

Micks last 9 years vs Xavier: 4-5 (Should be 5-4)
Huggins last 9 years: 3-6

Huggins really started the trend of losing to Xavier. Mick was actually righting the ship and at least getting us to 500 with each team winning at home.
Old 12-06-2019, 10:40 AM   #40
Bearcats92

Bearcats92 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Xavier fans sh*t standing up.

Brannen is about to breast feed Travis Steele.
This is your greatest post of all time.
Bearcats92 is offline   Reply With Quote