Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2019, 06:04 PM   #121
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Team sucks. We dont do anything well.

Last edited by TheLivingLegend; 12-07-2019 at 06:09 PM.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 06:04 PM   #122
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
The team didn’t quit at least. Fought to the end.

But man that stretch in the 2nd just can’t happen
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 06:08 PM   #123
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
I just punked out 5 Xavier <<redacted>> who sat behind. These dudes are so fuckin soft.

Last edited by sedziobs; 12-08-2019 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Removed insensitive language
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 06:32 PM   #124
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I just punked out 5 Xavier <<redacted>> who sat behind. These dudes are so fuckin soft.
Continue...?

Last edited by sedziobs; 12-08-2019 at 12:13 AM.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 06:35 PM   #125
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
I didn't see a lot that makes me think this team is going to be very good.

On offense we would be okay, if we could hold onto the ball. Turnovers have killed us all year, we had 17 this game but it felt like it was over 20. We had only 9 assists and 7 of those came from the Cumberlands. Jaevin was our only player with more assists than TO's.

Vogt played well on offense and grabbed 4 offensive rebounds. But he was horrible on defense. His lack of speed and lack of ability to help was a major issue.

Scott only had 6 rebounds and was 1-7 shooting. He had a few nice blocks and steals, but overall was not very good.

Jarron and Jaevin both shot poorly and took a lot of bad threes. We had way too many times where we jacked up a bad three late in the shot-clock. They were both also liabilities on defense (especially Jaevin), getting beat by their man off the dribble.

Keith looked like he was going to take over early on and finished with 9 rebounds. He probably had the best game of anyone on the team.

Diarra played excellent as a first half sub. Finished with 6 rebounds. I still think we need to get him more playing time.

MAW also had very good game. Finished 4-4 and 2-2 from 3. Needs to get better at not turning the ball over, but he looks like he will be a great player. He should be starting over McNeal.

McNeal didn't do anything of note. He doesn't belong on the floor. Should be playing for a low major team.

Davenport also didn't really do anything of note. But he only played a few minutes. When he was in he looked a bit overwhelmed.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 06:36 PM   #126
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
This team will be lucky to get into the NIT..... they quit
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 06:44 PM   #127
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alum2013 View Post
Continue...?
Will when I’m home.

They wanted to troll me but didn’t like when it worked

I’d be ashamed if I were them though... 5 dudes and you got punked out by a 175 pound 35 year old dude.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 06:47 PM   #128
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
I am starting to seriously doubt Brannen's choices on who plays and when. I know I've said this in prior threads, but you need to let the backups get minutes. He seems unwilling to use the bench, but demands his players run a system that is very energy intensive. It leads to a tired second half team, which leads to late game meltdowns. He seems unwilling to make adjustments by subbing in new players.

Maw is the only player who gets significant minutes off the bench outside of Jaevin (who is basically a sixth starter) and I think that's mostly because McNeal is horrible.

Diarra was excellent in 5-6 minutes in the first half (minus one dumb foul) and then barely entered the game again.

If Jarron is badly injured, he needs to sit. Having him play at the level he is currently playing isn't doing anyone good.

Last edited by skyblade; 12-07-2019 at 06:51 PM.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 10:00 PM   #129
UCats329

UCats329 is on a distinguished road
It's pretty clear Brannen doesn't have a clue what he's doing. He's scheming for players he doesn't have--i.e. "shooters". He's so wrapped up in his fruity little "system" that he doesn't teach fundamentals like ball security, defense, rebounding, and free throws. His choice of lineups is anywhere between suspect and atrocious. He spent the entire second half of this most recent debacle biting his lip on the sideline while the game melted down.

He's an <<redacted>>, twelve-year-old future-serial-killer-looking weirdo with the personality of bleached coral and no actual basketball cachet to back it up beyond winning the Horizon League and making the NCAA first round a couple of times. You can tell Jarron Cumberland absolutely hates playing for him and regrets not going to the G League. Once recruits see how bad he's screwing up after inheriting a veteran team with an All-American in it nobody in their right mind is going to want to play for him. Just wait until next year when it's a bunch of freshmen and sophomores. This is going to get much, much worse before it gets better.

This program is screwed because Mike Bohn was too big of a stubborn <<redacted>> to give Mick Cronin a modest raise and a guaranteed long term deal--both of which he'd earned--because of absurdly unrealistic expectations about making the sweet sixteen every year. Here's hoping Cronin's teams remind Bohn of what a stupid **** up he is twice annually in perpetuity.

Last edited by sedziobs; 12-08-2019 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Removed insensitive language
UCats329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 10:22 PM   #130
Bearcats92

Bearcats92 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCats329 View Post
It's pretty clear Brannen doesn't have a clue what he's doing. He's scheming for players he doesn't have. He's so wrapped up in his stupid little "system" that he doesn't teach fundamentals like ball security, defense, rebounding, and free throws. His choice of lineups is anywhere between suspect and atrocious. He spent the entire second half of this most recent debacle biting his lip on the sideline while the game melted down.

He's a goofy, adolescent serial killer looking weirdo with the personality of bleached coral and no actual basketball cachet to back it up beyond winning the Horizon League and making the NCAA first round a couple of times. Once recruits see how bad he's screwing up after inheriting a veteran team with an All-American in it nobody in their right mind is going to want to play for him. Just wait until next year when it's a bunch of freshmen and sophomores. This is going to get much, much worse before it gets better.

This program is screwed because Mike Bohn was too big of a stubborn <<redacted>> to give Mick Cronin a modest raise and a guaranteed long term deal--both of which he'd earned--because of absurdly unrealistic expectations about making the sweet sixteen every year. Here's hoping Cronin's teams remind Bohn of what a stupid **** up he is twice annually in perpetuity.
Damn tell us how you really feel haha. Your bashing Brannen on his looks but Cronin was a goofy looking dude too. Cronin was also unproven when he was hired. It’s 9 games in I know things don’t look the greatest but let’s relax haha

Last edited by sedziobs; 12-08-2019 at 12:06 AM.
Bearcats92 is offline   Reply With Quote