Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2019, 10:25 AM   #131
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser Mentality View Post
So as we revisit Jarron's OSU performance, and his overall buy in, Like I stated after the OSU game....This is Brannen's team, and Jarron is just a potentially great player coming back after the NBA told him your not ready. His behavior, attitude, lack of effort could be potentially infectious to such a young team. Brannen set the tone as all leaders must do. Cross me, and find a seat on the bench. I hate when people say we need Jarron. As a fan I have a realistic perspective to not needing Jarron. Of course he's the best player, he just needs to live up to it, and carry the banner as a leader for the entire season. By Brannen sitting the "Best" he got the attention of his team, which probably com[leted the buy in of everyone else not named Jarron. Good Stuff.
This.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 10:32 AM   #132
BoomBoomRoom

BoomBoomRoom is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I have a feeling John Brannen would rather Jarron stayed in the draft.

Had that vibe way before tonight.

Don’t think the optics look well for Brannen if he can’t find a way to make it work with an all American.
A winning record and victory over that team on Victory Parkway are the only "optics" most are worried about.
BoomBoomRoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 10:40 AM   #133
BoomBoomRoom

BoomBoomRoom is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrugby View Post
This is good experience for them to play without Cumberland. I like the move by Brannen.
I agree. The other players need as many minutes as possible together early in the season. Sure to payoff later in the season.
BoomBoomRoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 02:31 AM   #134
JoeRunner89

JoeRunner89 is an unknown quantity at this point
So when do we start getting concerned? We lost most of our roster so it's not like jarrons the only one. A coach with cache doesn't let this happen. Rick patino in his first yr is not only keeping the roster together but he's bringing some guys with him... Wth is Brannen doing, guys aren't even talking out there on D. Let's just let these issues creep deeper into the season when everything is fast paced and nobody has time to make up and be friends let's see what else happens then. The only reason Jaevin is here is bc of past Bearcats teams and he wanted to play with his cousin. JC didn't have any issues, playing and sharing with caupain, Evans, Clark, Washington, but that team was different on this why wouldn't he be the most featured? Let's not blast a guy that's contributed since he stepped on campus and represented the university very well

Last edited by JoeRunner89; 11-16-2019 at 02:42 AM.
JoeRunner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 07:12 AM   #135
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRunner89 View Post
So when do we start getting concerned? We lost most of our roster so it's not like jarrons the only one. A coach with cache doesn't let this happen. Rick patino in his first yr is not only keeping the roster together but he's bringing some guys with him... Wth is Brannen doing, guys aren't even talking out there on D. Let's just let these issues creep deeper into the season when everything is fast paced and nobody has time to make up and be friends let's see what else happens then. The only reason Jaevin is here is bc of past Bearcats teams and he wanted to play with his cousin. JC didn't have any issues, playing and sharing with caupain, Evans, Clark, Washington, but that team was different on this why wouldn't he be the most featured? Let's not blast a guy that's contributed since he stepped on campus and represented the university very well
If Brannen can’t coach, recruit, or players hate him, like some of you seem to think, there will be plenty of chances to freak out. Some of you of been doing it since he got here though. The other side Is just saying give him a chance at least. You know, like a rational person.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 07:21 AM   #136
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You also keep saying we lost half our roster. Which is true but aside from brooks, who did we lose that was any good? Logan Johnson isn’t exactly tearing it up at st. Mary’s. So who did you want to stay? Ellie?
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 08:08 AM   #137
JoeRunner89

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
You also keep saying we lost half our roster. Which is true but aside from brooks, who did we lose that was any good? Logan Johnson isn’t exactly tearing it up at st. Mary’s. So who did you want to stay? Ellie?
Why is it that some ppl dont understand that for some things you can see the writing on the wall before things take place. I knew this hire would start the ripple affect that it has and i knew other hires were more appropriate for this program where it was currently standing. Not good at all that the roster isnt responding to him as they could be right now. The players u just mentioned are a whole lot more servicable than sorallo, vogt, and some of these guys. We had a top 15 team coming into this yr and a guy in position to be an all american
Old 11-16-2019, 08:13 AM   #138
JoeRunner89

Brannen is going to have issues with multiple players and recruiting because in all honesty they guy is kind of boring and really not seeing anything unique about him since he got here. Sorry but I'm agitated I love "Bearcat basketball" n I'm def not a analytics guy, that's for nerds who want to understand the game who could never really play
Old 11-16-2019, 08:18 AM   #139
Bearcats92

Bearcats92 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Brannen is going to have issues with multiple players and recruiting because in all honesty they guy is kind of boring and really not seeing anything unique about him since he got here. Sorry but I'm agitated I love "Bearcat basketball" n I'm def not a analytics guy, that's for nerds who want to understand the game who could never really play
Yeah and a 5’2 short bald cocky ugly guy who has short man syndrome and doesn’t let his players play who is stuck in 1990 and can’t coach offense is real interesting. Get real man.
Bearcats92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 08:26 AM   #140
z_bearcat

z_bearcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Brannen played college basketball. He was a pretty decent player at Marshall, in its HOF actually. Get your facts straight before shooting off your jibberish.
z_bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote