Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

Old 10-28-2015, 10:07 AM   #1
arenafanatic

arenafanatic is on a distinguished road
My Review of Nippert Stadium

Here is my review of Nippert Stadium.

Sorry it took so long I ended up being able to tour the new pavilion and wanted to do that before I wrote the review.

Came away really impressed with what UC has done with Nippert Stadium.

Hope you enjoy!

Thanks!

Nippert Stadium Review-ArenaFanatic
arenafanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 03:06 PM   #2
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Great write-up, very thorough. One thing to note, you mentioned that the new concourse needs more color and history, etc. From what I hear they are working on that, they didn't have time to get all that done between construction and the start of the season as it was a very tight window. What they plan on doing I'm not sure. I agree that it looks kind of big and empty and screams for something. I wish they had some better food options in there, but I guess most football fans tailgate and eat before they enter the stadium.
Old 10-29-2015, 06:04 PM   #3
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
Great write-up, very thorough. One thing to note, you mentioned that the new concourse needs more color and history, etc. From what I hear they are working on that, they didn't have time to get all that done between construction and the start of the season as it was a very tight window. What they plan on doing I'm not sure. I agree that it looks kind of big and empty and screams for something. I wish they had some better food options in there, but I guess most football fans tailgate and eat before they enter the stadium.
100% agree David. I never understood the lack of quality food at football and basketball games. Aramark is terrible. Cincy is a foodie town and we are spoiled with great local eatries. I have season tickets at section 119. (Under the new structure) I am a little disappointed with the rest rooms on that side. They are like portable pods and huge lines. There's a restroom at the end close to the liar but they are tiny. The amenities on that side of the concourse are lack luster.

Also, the Miami and UConn game the concessions have had beer issues. The taps have gone completely out twice while I'm standing in line. The UConn game they went out for a solid 10 minutes before they restored it. That happened right before kickoff which caused me to miss it. Hopefully new kinks but that's twice that I know made other people angry as well.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 08:28 AM   #4
BearcatSpaniard513
Elite Member

BearcatSpaniard513 is on a distinguished road
Great review! I really enjoyed reading that and will be sure to share it. One thing to correct is you have a picture of the Tangeman University Center (TUC) labeled as Swift Hall. Other than that I hope you enjoyed the campus and game! I might be biased but I would give it an 8/10 for the architecture, history, location. I would imagine a 10/10 would be a stadium similar to OSU's.
BearcatSpaniard513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 03:28 PM   #5
LaxCat31

LaxCat31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
100% agree David. I never understood the lack of quality food at football and basketball games. Aramark is terrible. Cincy is a foodie town and we are spoiled with great local eatries. I have season tickets at section 119. (Under the new structure) I am a little disappointed with the rest rooms on that side. They are like portable pods and huge lines. There's a restroom at the end close to the liar but they are tiny. The amenities on that side of the concourse are lack luster.

Also, the Miami and UConn game the concessions have had beer issues. The taps have gone completely out twice while I'm standing in line. The UConn game they went out for a solid 10 minutes before they restored it. That happened right before kickoff which caused me to miss it. Hopefully new kinks but that's twice that I know made other people angry as well.
During the UCONN game specifically there was a network issue that put computers out of order campus-wide. So that might have something to do with the computers/concessions problems.
LaxCat31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 01:17 PM   #6
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Don't quit your day job!
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote