Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2021, 10:47 AM   #381
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDW79 View Post
Yup, that's about a perfect comparison.
Both of them have to do it for their livelihood. Can't really blame them.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 10:51 AM   #382
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
A friend just sent me this at work from one of the message boards:

No idea if its true as I haven't been able to go read through everything yet, these boards are enormous.

Things I have heard....(I know, I know so take it FWIW) but the came from one of the players transferring.

1) Players felt a little neglected by the coaches during the COVID isolation. This is one of the reasons why they held a players only meeting. After the meeting they told the coaches and only after this did you hear about meals and things being delivered to the players.

2) Players felt like he quit on them the first game in Houston. I took that to mean he quit coaching after the score got out of hand. This is the other main reason for the meeting and why they banded together.

3) The coaches never really tried an formed any relationships with the players. It was all about business all the time.

4) Players were not commuincated their roles. Mikey was upset to the point of tears after several games of starting the first 2-3 minutes but never put back into the game. This started his process of unhappyness.

5) One of the coaches sent a text that was meant for a recruit but went to a player instead; the text was bad mouthing Harvey and listing all the things he DIDNT do well and why they needed that recruit. Players began losing their trust feeling like they were being undermined. Harvey then opted out.

6) Keith and coach argued all the time in practice and his walk off the floor during the Wichita game was not an injury, he had enough.

7) Coach walking off the court the last game against Houston was the last straw.

Like Chad said, not one grave incident, just a lot of things piling up and the lack of relationship with the players was big.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 10:53 AM   #383
MDW79

MDW79 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
Both of them have to do it for their livelihood. Can't really blame them.
That's a good point. I understand that's how he makes his living, but he does come across as smug and douchey quite a bit in his replies on BCJ, and on Twitter.
Old 03-17-2021, 10:55 AM   #384
MDW79

MDW79 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post

No idea if its true as I haven't been able to go read through everything yet, these boards are enormous.

Things I have heard....(I know, I know so take it FWIW) but the came from one of the players transferring.

1) Players felt a little neglected by the coaches during the COVID isolation. This is one of the reasons why they held a players only meeting. After the meeting they told the coaches and only after this did you hear about meals and things being delivered to the players.

2) Players felt like he quit on them the first game in Houston. I took that to mean he quit coaching after the score got out of hand. This is the other main reason for the meeting and why they banded together.

3) The coaches never really tried an formed any relationships with the players. It was all about business all the time.

4) Players were not commuincated their roles. Mikey was upset to the point of tears after several games of starting the first 2-3 minutes but never put back into the game. This started his process of unhappyness.

5) One of the coaches sent a text that was meant for a recruit but went to a player instead; the text was bad mouthing Harvey and listing all the things he DIDNT do well and why they needed that recruit. Players began losing their trust feeling like they were being undermined. Harvey then opted out.

6) Keith and coach argued all the time in practice and his walk off the floor during the Wichita game was not an injury, he had enough.

7) Coach walking off the court the last game against Houston was the last straw.

Like Chad said, not one grave incident, just a lot of things piling up and the lack of relationship with the players was big.
Curious, what board did this come from?
Old 03-17-2021, 10:56 AM   #385
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That's a good point. I understand that's how he makes his living, but he does come across as smug and douchey quite a bit in his replies on BCJ, and on Twitter.
I don't live in Cincinnati anymore but I thought he used to come off as a smug douche when he would be on Mo Eggers show too.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 10:59 AM   #386
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Curious, what board did this come from?
Im assuming it maybe BCJ.. but Im still making my way through dozens of pages from where I left off last night.

its not from Chad
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 10:59 AM   #387
nkywestside

nkywestside is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Starting to sound like it's a combination of jb not being able to connect with guys and some of these kids are soft with a high sense of entitlement.

I tend to lean this way. Is John really that different than Mick? Is Mick really that different than Huggins? In other words all coaches to a certain extent are difficult to play for. Anyone remember Eric Hicks first month? It is the same in every program. Every kid thinks they are the Man until they get hit in the mouth. Those first couple of months of their Freshman year is a massive adjustment and some can't take it. It starts early with these kids. AAU Hype. Parents unrealistic expectations. Kids thinking they are invincible. Kids acting stunned when they aren't the focal point. Harvey, Eason, and Mikey are prime examples. WTF would these 3 have done under Mick or Huggs? I'll tell you. Sitting at the end of the bench. People are saying that John is being investigated for abuse.. Define abuse? If it's physical of course he should be fired. But That isn't the case now is it? So what kind of abuse are we talking about here? Verbal? Please
nkywestside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 11:01 AM   #388
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post

This starting to sound fairly reasonable... The minutes thing is hilarious. Good luck at their next school. Will be the same.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 11:08 AM   #389
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alum2013 View Post
I don't live in Cincinnati anymore but I thought he used to come off as a smug douche when he would be on Mo Eggers show too.
He is a smug douche , he acts like a big shot because he gets the tiniest bit of info from the coaches. His site is a rip off because he posts something and then literally 10 minutes later it’s on Twitter. I had to unfollow him on Twitter because all he does is argue with anyone who opposes his opinion
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 11:15 AM   #390
nkywestside

nkywestside is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
This starting to sound fairly reasonable... The minutes thing is hilarious. Good luck at their next school. Will be the same.
That is what is funny here. The minutes. If we are honest with ourselves Saunders was basically a fast basketball player. Below average shooter and an average playmaker at best for a Freshman. He would have definately improved and he showed talent. However, to say that he should have been playing before DD is outrageous. DD is in front of him as he should be and Saunders left. Maybe John wasn't a bed of roses but please. Mike is leaving because his old man is in his ear and that he's a 35 minute a night guy. And you can't get to the league playing second fiddle to DD. Just my take.
nkywestside is offline   Reply With Quote