Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2013, 03:44 PM   #61
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
I think he said it was possible that we'd split the two B1G games...but w/e

Cincinnati isn't as good as they were against Purdue or as bad as they were today. Coach Tuberville has a knack for winning against good teams and blowing games to lesser teams. This one had trap game written all over it...
I agree that it was a trap type of game.

Truth is one week isn't much to determine how good a team is. We aren't as dominate a team as we looked last week and Illinois might be a little better than everyone assumes. Does anyone here think Illinois will go 0-8 this year in the Big Ten after seeing them play today? I think more truth speaks to how bad Purdue might be. They really gave us no competition last week. Their offense basically laid down for us it seems. Illinois came to play today. Their offense clicked. Our defense I think came in overconfident. Our offense stalled. Lets be honest here, did anyone on this board think our offense would be lights out good this year? Lets remember this is basically the same offense that nearly got shutout by Rutgers and lost on the road to Toledo last year and should've lost to Duke in the bowl game. And I was making this comment while watching the game, Munchie is a much better QB with a lead than playing from behind. When he is forced to throw the ball and especially when throwing the ball becomes mental for him that is where he struggles. We got behind big and this offense has too many holes in it to play comeback, especially with the defense still giving up scores. Bottom line is you go down 21-0 quickly your chances to win are not good. Both the offense and defense played poorly to result in that 21-0 deficit. Good news is it wasn't a conference game so it bears absolutely no impact on a BCS Bowl berth. We have to beat Louisville for that to happen. It sucks it cost us a chance of a perfect season, but hopefully the loss puts us in our place and gives us plenty of film to learn from. And if Louisville does run the table, then F them, maybe this loss will hurt their SOS enough to keep them out of the title game or at least hurt the poll voters confidence in their schedule.

Terrible what happened to Munchie. I wish him all the best. As much as we bicker back and forth and want our team to win, at the end of the day this is a game and there are very young men out there giving their bodies up for our entertainment.

Last edited by david aka the TYZ; 09-07-2013 at 03:48 PM.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:06 PM   #62
charlie hustle

charlie hustle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
Good news is it wasn't a conference game so it bears absolutely no impact on a BCS Bowl berth.
I'll be the first to admit I don't know a ton about how the BCS berths work, but I'm guessing this is because the AAC is still an AQ conference in 2013??

If so, this is the last year being an AQ, correct?
charlie hustle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:55 PM   #63
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie hustle View Post
I'll be the first to admit I don't know a ton about how the BCS berths work, but I'm guessing this is because the AAC is still an AQ conference in 2013??

If so, this is the last year being an AQ, correct?
Correct. The Big East was guaranteed AQ status through the current BCS contract, which is up after this season. At least that's how I understand it.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:47 PM   #64
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Lance McAlister ‏@LanceMcAlister 1h
Tuberville says Big 10 notified him this week that the incorrect call was made on Munchie TD reversal at goal line. #Bearcats 700 WLW

Retweeted by Tom Gelehrter
Old 09-13-2013, 11:54 AM   #65
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
Lance McAlister ‏@LanceMcAlister 1h
Tuberville says Big 10 notified him this week that the incorrect call was made on Munchie TD reversal at goal line. #Bearcats 700 WLW

Retweeted by Tom Gelehrter
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/uc/2013/...was-incorrect/

Here is the article. Not saying anything I didn't already know when I was watching the game lol That call was the worst I have seen but very typical for the Big 10 sticking it to us. There was no camera angle that said it should have been over turned.

It is true we were gaining some serious momentum and that killed us. Not the reason we lost the game but it was a huge factor in the game.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:01 PM   #66
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Yeah that was probably about the most blantantly bad overturn of a call as I have seen. It's great that the the Big Ten owned up to it, the question is what are they going to do about it? We lost that game for many reasons, but at that moment in time we had all the momentum. One horrific call and they had all the momentum. No that call is not why we lost the game, but I would have loved to have the chance to play at 21-17 and all the momentum in our favor.

Bottom line is nobody in their right mind with knowledge of the rules could have overturned that call, so my question is who did overturn it, why did they overturn it and was it done because they didn't want their Big Ten team to lose? Someone needs to sit in the NCAA office and explain themselves on how they are being impartial after making that call. And someone should lose their job over it. It was that blatantly bad of a call. It so simply written that if you don't have absolute 100% conclusive evidence on video to reverse the call, then you don't reverse it. I get that refs miss calls in real time on the field with limited angles of the play. An anonymous guy in a booth with the state of the art equipment to look at something and determine if he sees aomething conclusive is completely different and not that hard. I don't want to hear the Big Ten acknowledge making the wrong call, I want an explanation as to how that call was made and why the moron who made it deserves the right to continue to be an "impartial" judge and jury of another game.