AAABearcat is on a distinguished road
Bearcat football schedule released

http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/m-f...022511aaa.html

2 home games at Paul Brown stadium
AAABearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:58 AM   #2
CDS86

CDS86 will become famous soon enough
That's ridiculous. I get that it's great for recruiting, might make UC some more cash etc., but I want to spend time on my school's campus in the friendly confines of Nipper Stadium, not downtown in a less than sold out venue owned by some jackwagon. Especially with all the stuff that's being built around Clifton, why take games away from that atmosphere? Hate hate hate the idea.
CDS86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:59 AM   #3
AAABearcat

AAABearcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDS86 View Post
That's ridiculous. I get that it's great for recruiting, might make UC some more cash etc., but I want to spend time on my school's campus in the friendly confines of Nipper Stadium, not downtown in a less than sold out venue owned by some jackwagon. Especially with all the stuff that's being built around Clifton, why take games away from that atmosphere? Hate hate hate the idea.
Obviously, more money and it's a bigger venue. I thought the atmosphere last year against Oklahoma was great.
AAABearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:08 PM   #4
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
I'm perfectly fine with two games at PBS a year. No more though. You pick the two biggest home games of the season in terms of potential attendance and put them there. The atmosphere last year was great at PBS and I think the contract will be more in favor of UC this time around.
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 01:22 PM   #5
rustyroyse

rustyroyse is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAABearcat View Post
Obviously, more money and it's a bigger venue. I thought the atmosphere last year against Oklahoma was great.
Oklahoma didn't travel like Louisville and WVU will. I like the idea of the revenue it will draw but I don't like the fact that we could have way too many Mountaineers and Cardinals fans there. And I do agree the atmosphere of the campus is one of the things to sell to the recruits, not playing in an NFL stadium.
rustyroyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 01:41 PM   #6
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyroyse View Post
Oklahoma didn't travel like Louisville and WVU will. I like the idea of the revenue it will draw but I don't like the fact that we could have way too many Mountaineers and Cardinals fans there. And I do agree the atmosphere of the campus is one of the things to sell to the recruits, not playing in an NFL stadium.
This is my biggest fear too. If this team is middle of the pack in the Big East next year, how many extra UC fans will be there? There will be enough to essentially sell out Nippert but do you really want it to function as a neutral field because if WVU or Louisville brings 25,000 fans (which is a possibility) that is essentially what it will become. I hope UC fans support the team and buy those tickets early but I do worry about it.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 03:41 PM   #7
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
4 of 5 games in the middle of the BE schedule are on the road. That concerns me. They need to be focused, as they can't go home and 'recover' if necessary.
Winning early is important.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 05:31 PM   #8
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Yeah i don't like the two games at PBS either. Doesn't have that great vibe that Nippert has. Plus as others said, the opposing crowd factor. At least there's no weeknight games. Hope I can make it down to Knoxville for the Tennessee game.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:36 PM   #9
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
Yeah i don't like the two games at PBS either. Doesn't have that great vibe that Nippert has. Plus as others said, the opposing crowd factor. At least there's no weeknight games. Hope I can make it down to Knoxville for the Tennessee game.
Wow, can't read very well, looks like the NC State game is a Thursday night game. Will make for a rough Friday work day. I hate weeknight games.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:00 PM   #10
CDS86

CDS86 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
Wow, can't read very well, looks like the NC State game is a Thursday night game. Will make for a rough Friday work day. I hate weeknight games.
I'll end up using a vacation day for Friday

Probably a waste, but whatever.
CDS86 is offline   Reply With Quote