Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > 2018 Recruiting Profiles

Old 05-15-2018, 09:02 AM   #601
NKY Bearcat

NKY Bearcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
First to go. Completely missing the point. It has nothing to do with people disagreeing with me. But I'm not playing your game.
It definitely seems like you are banning people for disagreeing with you.

This is thread is pretty comical. Not quite as funny as worrying about Nevada getting a late 5 star commit, but still pretty funny.
NKY Bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 09:06 AM   #602
NKY Bearcat

Also before you ban me, definitely not the same person as GuyfromNKY. I have some self pride and make sure to avoid Ludlow at all costs.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:12 AM   #603
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinecat View Post
I thought this was the point of the frustration thread... The truth of the matter is that we are all disappointed with how last season ended. I don't think anyone will disagree with that. However, it was an epic collapse that doesn't happen 99% of the time. Some times you just have to take your lumps and move on.

Its not like any of us have the power to fire Mick and hire Musselman or whoever it is that would be a replacement. Mick is the future of UC basketball so derailing every thread by bringing up losing one game just is counter productive and I'd say almost all of us are getting tired of it. The loss sucked bad enough when it happened, I'd prefer not to have to continue to bring it up in EVERY SINGLE THREAD from now until the start of next season or until Mick wins a national championship or whatever individual metric needs to be met in your mind to move past it.
It doesn't matter where I post to get attacked, then I get accused of derailing the thread.

This started bc I brought up the last remaining 5* going to a non-P5 school. Appropriate. And could lead to an actual conversation. But everyone freaked out.

I posted about the future team in the future team thread. Same crap. Got accused of being negative bc of the Nevada game even though I didn't say a word about it.

Someone posts about Evans in the NBA in the correct thread. Look at those responses. That's what details the threads.

The common theme is a few posters not being ok with reading things they don't like. And so they make things personal. It's bullshit and it's over. If you aren't responding to the post itself, you shouldn't be responding. But some people don't have enough self-control to do this. All they know is they read something that made them mad and the person who said it now needs to be taken down. If someone actually is derailing a thread, report the post. To this point, no one has done any such thing. Go back and read some of these threads and look how they got off the rails. My post about the future team is a good place to start. Trying to have a conversation, and look what I get accused of. Indydoug's bullshit in this thread is another good example. As well as guyfromnky. My original point here couldn't possibly fit into a better thread, but here we are.

I don't know if people aren't smart enough, or aren't mature enough, or what. But if you have an extreme emotional reaction and don't know how to respond to what is actually being said, so you need to take shots at someone, that's a you (not you specifically) problem. And it's not going to work. I come here to talk about UC hoops. And I end up reading ridiculous things about myself from people who don't even know me. And it's gone as far as someone taking it offline and talking about wanting to piss on my grave. I've ******* had enough. All of this bullshit bc I have a different opinion on UC basketball that makes people uncomfortable?
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 09:17 AM   #604
skylinecat

skylinecat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Crazy right?

Player friendly system, coach with direct NBA ties, and have proven to be able to make the 2nd weekend. And their coach makes half of what Mick makes. Sure doesn't seem like they operate 100% of the time like the deck is stacked against them.

You immediately turned a thread that is supposedly about general recruiting into a conversation about how Musselman is better than Mick and makes half of what Mick makes. Spare me with the sob story about everyone "attacking you personally".
skylinecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 09:18 AM   #605
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKY Bearcat View Post
Also before you ban me, definitely not the same person as GuyfromNKY. I have some self pride and make sure to avoid Ludlow at all costs.
Why would you get banned?

Why do you think it's ok for people to post these kind of things about people they don't even know bc of their opinion on UC basketball? Oh he said something I didn't like and I have nothing to say, so I'll tell him he needs prozac. THAT is ******* bullshit. No one should have to put up with that. But I do all the god damn time and I'm putting a stop to it. Disagree with me about UC all you want. The **** if I care. But that's not what's happening here. So let's not pretend.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:19 AM   #606
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
You immediately turned a thread that is supposedly about general recruiting into a conversation about how Musselman is better than Mick and makes half of what Mick makes. Spare me with the sob story about everyone "attacking you personally".
What's wrong with that post? Why would that post mean I deserve to get attacked?
Old 05-15-2018, 09:22 AM   #607
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Maybe we could learn something from them on how they're able to land the best remaining available player in the country, despite the "landscape". The fact that their coach makes half of what our coach makes is relevant. We were just told recently we don't have enough money to pay high end assistants.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:27 AM   #608
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Point is, the next time someone gets attacked personally, especially when nothing that person has done has been reported, the person issuing the personal attack will get banned. Kick and scream all you want but that's what's happening. You don't like it, go somewhere else.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:29 AM   #609
IDC

IDC is on a distinguished road
Jacob you still haven't taken a break.

Would you really feel that much better if UC advanced past Nevada and lost to Loyola like the might Nevada did?

End of the day Musselman lost to an 11 seed in the tournament, Mick lost to a 7 seed by fluke.

He got the last remaining 5 star recruit. How many high profile late spring signees really pan out? (I don't know the answer to that). Mick's highest rated late spring recruit sure didn't (Lawrence)

I just don't see the personal benefit of stewing on this loss for the past 2 months.
IDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 09:34 AM   #610
NKY Bearcat

Quote:
Why would you get banned?

Why do you think it's ok for people to post these kind of things about people they don't even know bc of their opinion on UC basketball? Oh he said something I didn't like and I have nothing to say, so I'll tell him he needs prozac. THAT is ******* bullshit. No one should have to put up with that. But I do all the god damn time and I'm putting a stop to it. Disagree with me about UC all you want. The **** if I care. But that's not what's happening here. So let's not pretend.
Are you really that butt hurt about a Prozac comment? This is the internet, you have to be tougher than that.

I would call your antics in this thread way more detrimental than anything the GuyfromNKY posted.