Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2015, 02:58 PM   #931
Bulldog01
Banned

Bulldog01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatSpaniard513 View Post
Good, I always enjoy reading your attempts at the English language!
you ALWAYS respond though. Chill out before I pull your "CARD"
Bulldog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 02:59 PM   #932
Bulldog01
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatmatt View Post
Not just a shot, a banked in 3 over Horton (WVU game).

We still had a chance to beat Iowa State - I think Flint front rimmed a foul line jumper. But that call was still bad.
Flint last game was against Mississippi state I think. He outplayed Marbury in sweet 16
Old 03-20-2015, 03:00 PM   #933
Bulldog01
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
Steroids might help...

Seriously though we have to not be intimidated, have to push it on offense, can't let them set up on defense. They don't take plays off so we can't. Obviously will have to hit shots. Hope the refs call fouls on them. One of their first baskets one of their guys dunked on somebody and got right in the Hampton guys face. Should've been t'd up but of course he wasnt. Have to play great d and try to force them into tougher shots and hope they don't fall and have to rebound.
Somebody need rough Caupain up before game
Old 03-20-2015, 03:05 PM   #934
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog01 View Post
Nah I'm thinking another year. Jajuan baker hit 3 then west Virginia guy hit shot over kenyon
Baker hit 2 3s to get by 15 seed Northern Arizona. Then next game West Va hit the 3 over Patterson.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 03:16 PM   #935
L-T
Epic Member

L-T is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog01 View Post
Saying we can't win with recruiting classes is calling players garbage for level your looking for. I think Ellis himself a tell you he's from the thug life. Doesn't make him a bad person. I know alot of nice thugs
The thug community, for the most part, is a faternity of really great guys. As long as you willingly give them your wallet, purse, or car, they generally are pretty polite and will just move on. They are a very misunderstood demographic group.
L-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 03:24 PM   #936
Bulldog01
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-T View Post
The thug community, for the most part, is a faternity of really great guys. As long as you willingly give them your wallet, purse, or car, they generally are pretty polite and will just move on. They are a very misunderstood demographic group.
Just like you willingly give up ur wallet to uc, wal mart and bp
Old 03-20-2015, 03:31 PM   #937
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Here is what I find a little disturbing...

for some reason we have rules in here about personal attacks against one another (I assume under the rule of common decency). You personally attack someone or troll and you get kicked out.

However, when it comes to hurling insults at our players, coaches, program, and the like...we seem to think it's OK as long as it's during "game time" for some reason. You are not even allowed to criticize these personal insults against our team without getting criticized yourself.

I don't know...just seems a little backwards to me...
I hear what you're saying waterhead. In my opinion, the players and coaches are more "fair game" (not sure that's the right term). Especially the coaches when you consider how much they're paid to produce. Obviously ripping players is not encouraged, but with 900+ posts and God only knows how many people posting during one of the most intense games on the biggest stage in the sport, you gotta be realistic. Not everyone is going to remain calm and rational. We don't need to handle our players with kid gloves. They're big boys. No need to coddle them and act like everything they do is perfect all the time as long as they try their best. This sport is a little more cut throat than that. Again, I don't encourage ripping players (and I don't think I was one of the ones guilty of that last night), but in the heat of the moment you have to be realistic in what you expect to read. Not everyone is going to post things that everyone else likes all the time.

As for why we can't attack each other...that mostly has to do with keeping things on topic. At least the negative things during the game, were about the game. Personal attacks against each other are a waste of time to read. If you know the in game stuff is a waste of time as well, I'd suggest skipping the posts within the time of the game. If the mods tried to control the flow of all of that, it'd be a 2nd full-time job.

Again, I hear what you are saying. Just my 2 cents. I don't condone ripping our athletes or coaches, but they are all adults. And I don't believe any of it is coming from a dark place.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 03:36 PM   #938
BCM
Epic Member

BCM is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
In my opinion, the players and coaches are more "fair game" (not sure that's the right term).
When you put yourself on national TV, you're prepared to take the good with the bad. Not so much with a kind of private forum (private insofar as half the sports watching world doesn't see your posts every saturday)
BCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 03:42 PM   #939
Bulldog01
Banned

West Virginia hasn't been in tournament past two years. Wanna see if they pop champagne
Old 03-20-2015, 04:04 PM   #940
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I hear what you're saying waterhead. In my opinion, the players and coaches are more "fair game" (not sure that's the right term). Especially the coaches when you consider how much they're paid to produce. Obviously ripping players is not encouraged, but with 900+ posts and God only knows how many people posting during one of the most intense games on the biggest stage in the sport, you gotta be realistic. Not everyone is going to remain calm and rational. We don't need to handle our players with kid gloves. They're big boys. No need to coddle them and act like everything they do is perfect all the time as long as they try their best. This sport is a little more cut throat than that. Again, I don't encourage ripping players (and I don't think I was one of the ones guilty of that last night), but in the heat of the moment you have to be realistic in what you expect to read. Not everyone is going to post things that everyone else likes all the time.

As for why we can't attack each other...that mostly has to do with keeping things on topic. At least the negative things during the game, were about the game. Personal attacks against each other are a waste of time to read. If you know the in game stuff is a waste of time as well, I'd suggest skipping the posts within the time of the game. If the mods tried to control the flow of all of that, it'd be a 2nd full-time job.

Again, I hear what you are saying. Just my 2 cents. I don't condone ripping our athletes or coaches, but they are all adults. And I don't believe any of it is coming from a dark place.
Personally I don't think the current players read it (they are not supposed to anyway)...but I think some recruits do...and it has affected their decisions I believe every once in a while. There is NOTHING wrong with player criticism but I will defend them against over the top personal attacks because they play for my favorite team. If any member of this forum is man enough to insult players then they better be man enough to take the criticism back without acting like a little girl (not directing this at you).
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote