Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 11-06-2019, 08:01 AM   #11
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
I really like our chances this year with the 3 line moving back. I don't think either Cumberland cares. Probably licking chops! I worry a little about Scott's accuracy. I don't think Williams accuracy will change much and McNeal is not a guy who only takes open shots at the 3 point line (ala Jenifer)...so I don't think his accuracy will go down either.

Really hoping that Moore finally finds his niche and I don't think the line moving will hurt him at all...maybe it will inspire him a bit who knows. I can't say much about the frosh and the other bigs.

Overall I think it will help our team compared to the avg NCAA team.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 08:09 AM   #12
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
The Legend doesnt like our chances in this one...
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 08:13 AM   #13
Coomer

Coomer is on a distinguished road
McNeal’s shooting looked great in the exhibition vs inferior competition, still TBD whether he can be a knockdown shooter at this level.

If he is, I like our chances to shoot our way to victory over teams with bigger, more athletic lineups (OSU, Memphis, Xavier, etc.).
Coomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 08:17 AM   #14
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coomer View Post
McNeal’s shooting looked great in the exhibition vs inferior competition, still TBD whether he can be a knockdown shooter at this level.

If he is, I like our chances to shoot our way to victory over teams with bigger, more athletic lineups (OSU, Memphis, Xavier, etc.).
I don't expect him to be knocking down 40% but if he can get close to 35% or so we should have a dangerous team. He's going to shoot with some volume and with the line moving back...35% would be a very very good number for him.
Old 11-06-2019, 08:43 AM   #15
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
The Legend doesnt like our chances in this one...
Well Damn...it's official then. Is Dancing with the Stars on tonight? My parents said it's a real hoot
Old 11-06-2019, 08:48 AM   #16
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Well Damn...it's official then. Is Dancing with the Stars on tonight? My parents said it's a real hoot

Game 1. On the road. Top 20 team. 25 percent of offense implemented. The Legend bets with his head not his heart.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:05 AM   #17
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Game 1. On the road. Top 20 team. 25 percent of offense implemented. The Legend bets with his head not his heart.
Oh...well I also figured we would probably lose. And so did much of the board. That was just some sarcasm because you're a legend
Old 11-06-2019, 09:37 AM   #18
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

game 1 is probably the best time to play this game. that duke kansas game with 44 turnovers shows anything can happen early on.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 09:49 AM   #19
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Oh...well I also figured we would probably lose. And so did much of the board. That was just some sarcasm because you're a legend
I am a legend. You are not wrong here.
Old 11-06-2019, 10:01 AM   #20
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
game 1 is probably the best time to play this game. that duke kansas game with 44 turnovers shows anything can happen early on.
I would like to see us play a lot more freely under Brannen but even I was uncomfortable watching Kansas turn it over every other possession. I can't believe they were still in the game.

That is one of my keys to winning the game against OSU. We have to turn them over! Limit Wesson to a reasonable amount and we have to make our 3's at a decent rate.