Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 02-14-2011, 08:29 PM   #21
nparker1
Elite Member

nparker1 is on a distinguished road
Of course, I have to include Hicks and Martin. One of my all time favorites is Durden. I am biased in my favoritism for Field Williams and Rod Flowers, because I was their next door neighbor in the Sawyer Hall our freshman year. I also really enjoyed watching Stokes, Satterfield, and Logan represent the C. Van Exel and Herb Jones were the first two Bearcats to catch my eye and interest as a younger kid. One of my all time favorite Bearcats, was Immanuel McElroy. He defined Bearcat basketball in my opinion. Not the most talented, but he always had the biggest heart and it always showed. I also created the first Facebook fan group for Devan Downey. I thought he was going to be the best UC guard since Van Exel. My two favorite players on this team, and maybe it is just because of wishful thinking, are Cash and Justin Jackson. Cash has the potential to be special and Jackson has the motor of a Hicks or Martin. I think Jackson has more pure basketball talent than Hicks or Martin as a freshman. Great topic.
nparker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:53 PM   #22
Little Danny

Little Danny will become famous soon enough
I was at UC from 1991 through the 1996 basketball season (I did the five year plan). I am biased with the guys who were there during my years: Van Exel, Herb Jones, Blount, and Durden. However some of the later guys who are among my favorite include Kenyon, Sneaky Pete and I-Mac.
Little Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:02 PM   #23
Lobot

Lobot will become famous soon enough
Not a soul has mentioned Roger McClendon. Nor Louis Banks, Keith Starks or Levertis Robinson. On that note a Forde yard dash call out for Keith. Where's he teaching these days?
Old 02-15-2011, 06:52 AM   #24
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobot View Post
Not a soul has mentioned Roger McClendon. Nor Louis Banks, Keith Starks or Levertis Robinson. On that note a Forde yard dash call out for Keith. Where's he teaching these days?
I almost put Levertis down. Also Pat Cummings.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:50 AM   #25
TheShoeFits

TheShoeFits will become famous soon enough
Robert Whaley

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Whaley

Read the very last sentence.

Last edited by TheShoeFits; 02-15-2011 at 07:53 AM.
TheShoeFits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:55 AM   #26
UCEE73

UCEE73 is on a distinguished road
I fondly remember a bunch of players with whom I played in open gym pick up games in Lawrence Hall during the off season:

Jim Ard, Rick Roberson, Don Ogletree, Lloyd Batts, Derrek Dickey, Steve Wendefer, John Fraley, Don Hess, Greg Jurcisin, Robert Miller, Hal Ward, Rupert Breedlove.

During the basketball season, one played against football and baseball players. The baseball players were dead-eye shots and one of the football players put me in the UC infirmary for a week.
UCEE73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:19 AM   #27
Ryno99
Elite Member

Ryno99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobot View Post
You didn't read my post then Lobot.

But I did forget Robinson, dang I loved watching that guy play.
Ryno99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:19 AM   #28
cincinnati insanity

cincinnati insanity is on a distinguished road
#1 of all time has to be Steve logan, then-
Kenyon Martin, Darnell Burton, Curtis Bostic, Bobby Brannen, Rodrick monroe, Danny Fortson, Jackson Jewelson, Eric Hicks, Jacson Maxiell, Field Williams,Art Long,Taron Baker, Nick Williams,I-Mac,Lazelle Durden, Jack Twyman,Melvin Levitte and Damon Flint..

I will think of some more later...
cincinnati insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:23 AM   #29
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
I-mac was awesomeee
Old 02-15-2011, 05:57 PM   #30
nparker1
Elite Member

nparker1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
I-mac was awesomeee
agreed. This team could use a guy like I-Mac. A guy like Hicks couldn't hurt. Actually, not just this team would benefit from these kind of kids, but the whole basketball program...
nparker1 is offline   Reply With Quote