Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 02-28-2016, 05:55 PM   #1
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Bearcat Rob is on a distinguished road
SK is back!

Really think it's the break he's been waiting for. With Joe Johnson out the nets had an opening and signed sk to what was his 4th ten day contract (2 with Denver 1 with timberwolves). Lots of minutes will be available for him I'll be following this stint very closely think he will excel there. Also I'm sure he's pumped playing so close to where he was born
Bearcat Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 06:35 PM   #2
bearcatbacker82

bearcatbacker82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat Rob View Post
Really think it's the break he's been waiting for. With Joe Johnson out the nets had an opening and signed sk to what was his 4th ten day contract (2 with Denver 1 with timberwolves). Lots of minutes will be available for him I'll be following this stint very closely think he will excel there. Also I'm sure he's pumped playing so close to where he was born
Good to know! Hopefully he gets a legit shot to stick
bearcatbacker82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 08:50 PM   #3
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Keep us posted. Thanx for the updated BR
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 10:38 AM   #4
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatbacker82 View Post
Good to know! Hopefully he gets a legit shot to stick
I really hope he can put up a couple nice scoring outputs. Not sure how many more chances he'll if he can't make anything of this.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 10:43 AM   #5
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
I dunno how many minutes will be there for him. Sloan and Larkin have played PG. Ellington and Markel Brown have seen minutes at the 2. Bogdanovic can also play there. Would've been nice if they could've traded Thad Young.
Old 02-29-2016, 04:13 PM   #6
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Bearcat Rob is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I dunno how many minutes will be there for him. Sloan and Larkin have played PG. Ellington and Markel Brown have seen minutes at the 2. Bogdanovic can also play there. Would've been nice if they could've traded Thad Young.
With jarrett jack going down larkin and slaon have taken the rains at point (Which is fine cuz i dont see sk as a pg). But your right they do have a lot of shooting guards on the team, younger guys too, but none are killing it all averaging between 8ish and 11ish a game. They are 17-42 so youd think theyd give sk a shot and see if he can be a nice peice for the future and use the others as trade bate. I expect them to give him a legit shot but i do see your concern
Bearcat Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 04:21 PM   #7
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
With jarrett jack going down larkin and slaon have taken the rains at point (Which is fine cuz i dont see sk as a pg). But your right they do have a lot of shooting guards on the team, younger guys too, but none are killing it all averaging between 8ish and 11ish a game. They are 17-42 so youd think theyd give sk a shot and see if he can be a nice peice for the future and use the others as trade bate. I expect them to give him a legit shot but i do see your concern
The Nets lose their 1st round pick this year so unfortunately tanking won't help them, which might have helped SK. He will legitimately have to show them that he can play if he wants to have any prayer of sticking around. I hope he gets a chance to get it going.
Old 03-02-2016, 07:44 AM   #8
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
He played 21 minutes scoring 8 points on 3/8 shooting in his first game with the nets. I didn't watch the game, but based on the box score it looks like he was the 6th man off the bench.

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400828783
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 08:08 AM   #9
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alum2013 View Post
He played 21 minutes scoring 8 points on 3/8 shooting in his first game with the nets. I didn't watch the game, but based on the box score it looks like he was the 6th man off the bench.

The -10 in the +/- column isnt a good look. But then again noone on the nets had great +/- numbers. he didnt have a single TO

Last edited by coachpipe; 03-02-2016 at 08:14 AM.
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 08:12 AM   #10
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alum2013 View Post

Yeah he got in early and scored 5 in his first few minutes.