Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 12-13-2015, 10:35 PM   #1
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Norfolk State

Game is Tuesday at 7 PM on ESPNU.

They are 4-5. Wins against Columbia Union College (78-58), Northern Arizona (70-66), Mercy College (71-65), and Coppin State (88-56). Losses against South Carolina (84-69), Indiana State (70-61), Ohio (93-71), DePaul (82-78), and Northern Kentucky (81-60).

They are ranked #245 in KenPom.

Norfolk State 58
UC 68
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 11:32 PM   #2
L-T
Epic Member

L-T is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Game is Tuesday at 7 PM on ESPNU.

They are 4-5. Wins against Columbia Union College (78-58), Northern Arizona (70-66), Mercy College (71-65), and Coppin State (88-56). Losses against South Carolina (84-69), Indiana State (70-61), Ohio (93-71), DePaul (82-78), and Northern Kentucky (81-60).

They are ranked #245 in KenPom.

Norfolk State 58
UC 68
Mercy College scored 65 against them, NKU 81, Depaul 82, Ohio U. 93, and you only have us scoring 68? Wow, you have really lost faith in our new offense.
L-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 11:39 PM   #3
jds513

jds513 is on a distinguished road
95-52. We are good at beating down the cruddy teams
jds513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 11:54 PM   #4
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-T View Post
Mercy College scored 65 against them, NKU 81, Depaul 82, Ohio U. 93, and you only have us scoring 68? Wow, you have really lost faith in our new offense.
I haven't lost faith in it, but I'm afraid our coach has. Hope I'm wrong. Although if I am, it really won't be proven until the VCU and Iowa State games.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 04:51 AM   #5
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I haven't lost faith in it, but I'm afraid our coach has. Hope I'm wrong. Although if I am, it really won't be proven until the VCU and Iowa State games.
what I hope is the team continues to develope the new approach. Switching back to our old style now will only set us back farther. What everyone saw in the X game was total confusion by the players. The best thing about college basketball is the rosters changes every year. Mick will be able to recruit players to his brand of basketball. My hope is we make the dance,the team finds comfort in the new style and we land a couple of more players that fit our new style. This years and next years team will be defined by how much improvement the players make in perfecting our new approach. If it's a change of identity we are after go all in Mick. Quit dicking around with it. You'll only confuse the team. I think Mick knows this and it's been reflective in his comments. Your ten years in. Playing defense and building your brand was fine for awhile. We are regulars in the dance and recruiting has picked up somewhat. But if it is a upper tier program your after you need to be all in now. To continually recruit the kind of kids needed to play that style of basketball you need to put the ball in the hoop. Other wise we will always be a hard working blue collar type that never wins the NCAA. You have a nice little program here, you make the tourney every year and your kids graduate. Your job is probably safe for years to come. But if you want to win a championship you need to take some chances. Be the best Mick or move on.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 05:58 AM   #6
Cin City

Cin City is on a distinguished road
We will be fine. I'm confident in that and it's what I am buying into believing. These guys have been tested and found ways to win. Last year they played as underdogs and sometimes reversing that role and mentality takes some time. I get that it is frustrating as hell as a fan. But we are still 8-2 with some good opportunities moving forward. These guy know how to win (@SMU, SDST, Purdue). A team is like a hand, all five fingers need to be in sync or its going to be pretty messed up. (If any of you are missing a hand I apologize for the analogy and mean no ill wills. I'm running low on comparisons this am....guess I could have said a clock.)
Cin City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 06:51 AM   #7
insomniaisevil

insomniaisevil is on a distinguished road
I was at the NKU game vs. Norfolk State last night. I'm an NKU grad (and also lifetime Bearcats fan), so I've watched the Norse play enough to know what they have (a very well coached defense, a couple VERY good 3 point shooters and one very solid post presence) and what they don't (size, depth, top level talent).

We'll just say this, Clark, Ellis and DeBerry could all have 20 each against Norfolk State, if the offense plays smart. Norfolk State has no size. No ability to stop the post at all.

NKU does have one very good post player (Jalen Billups) and once they started running the offense through him in the 2nd half last night, they basically buried Norfolk State. As much as I love the Norse as well, they aren't exactly a powerhouse team this season.

If the Bearcats play hard on defense and smart on offense, they can win this game by 30 or 40 points...easily.

The more the Bearcat bigs touch the ball in the game, the bigger the margin of victory is going to be.
insomniaisevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 08:09 AM   #8
L-T
Epic Member

L-T is on a distinguished road
We have struggled to beat the last 2 cupcakes. Whatever mojo we had 2-3 weeks ago is now gone. 3 weeks ago, I would have probably called this a 105-51 victory. Today, I have no idea. I'll just guess 91-61.
L-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 09:28 AM   #9
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Jacob, take a deep breath my friend. It is a long season. I'm concerned about Mick too but not THAT much.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 09:38 AM   #10
kskenyon4
Elite Member

kskenyon4 is on a distinguished road
84-64 Bearcats
kskenyon4 is offline   Reply With Quote