Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2011, 08:56 PM   #1
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
UC/Pitt Thread

Going to be honest here, I don't think UC has much of a margin for victory tomorrow. But there are some things I want to see.

1) 40 minutes of effort. I want to see them attack and play hard on both sides of the ball.

2) Rebounding! If UC gets killed on the boards, especially offensive rebounding, it will be a blow out.

3) Play smart defensively. No fouls 75 ft. from the basket. No bigs fouling on the perimeter. Limit hand check fouls.

4) Offensive spacing and passing. Open passing and driving lanes. Take good 3's and attack the basket to create scoring opportunity.

5) Player leadership. When they hit a rough patch I want to see the the players pull together. I want to see somebody step up and say I'll make a play!

It's going to take a near perfect effort tomorrow on the road. This team hasn't shown more than a decent half on the road. I like that the players "get it" based on recent comments. They know they need big wins. The week off should help them correct some things and it seems it was a targeted week of practice. My guess is the Bearcats will look better and be more competitive for 40 minutes but will lose. But the game will have a positve effect in the final 8 games. Pitt 74-UC 65.

Last edited by bearcat jeff; 02-04-2011 at 08:59 PM.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:24 PM   #2
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Pitt will open a huge lead early, the Cats will rally back to bring the game within 3-4 possessions in the second half but the Panthers pull away 71-55.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:09 AM   #3
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Game 23: Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
Saturday, Feb. 5 - 6 p.m. (EST) - Peterson Events Center (12,508) - Pittsburgh, Pa.
TV: BIG EAST Network - Radio: 700 WLW

SCOUTING THE PANTHERS
-Ashton Gibbs scored 24 points and the then No. 2 Panthers (20-2, 8-1 Big East) got 12 of their last 15 points from the free throw line in holding off Rutgers 65-62 on Saturday (Jan. 29) night.
-Gibbs, a junior guard from Scotch Plains, N.J., leads the Panthers in scoring at 15.9 points per game. He is averaging 3.1 three-point field goals per game, which ranks seventh in the NCAA. Gibbs leads the BIG EAST in three-point shooting with a .455 percentage.
-The Panthers rank third in the BIG EAST in scoring, putting up 78.0 points per game. They also rank second in the BIG EAST in scoring defense at 61.9 ppg, trailing only Cincinnati.
-The Bearcats and Panthers are tied at 7 in their alltime series. Pitt has won four in a row and is 6-1 vs. Cincinnati in BIG EAST play.

http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/m-b...020411aaa.html
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:10 AM   #4
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
UC needs to play tough inside and get some 3's to go down.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:03 AM   #5
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Pitt has won 51 of the last 53 at home. That's impressive. That's how you become a perennial Dancer. You own your homecourt. I think they've beat like 5 straight top 5 teams there as well.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:30 AM   #6
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Pitt’s Taylor to Have MRI on Knee

Pittsburgh sophomore big man Dante Taylor will undergo an MRI after banging knees with a teammate during Thursday’s practice, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.

“We don’t think it’s too serious,” Dixon told the newspaper. “We’re going to see how he feels. He seemed to be walking around fine after practice.”

Taylor, who averages 6.1 points and 4.7 rebounds, had sat out two earlier practices this week because of tendinitis in his knees.

Pitt hosts Cincinnati at the Peterson Events Center on Saturday evening at 6 PM.

http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2011...kend-primer-2/
Old 02-05-2011, 01:30 PM   #7
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
Getting ready for the game in a couple hours and I noticed a score on ESPN:

OU 30
OSU 26

@ Gallagher-Iba

Boy that would be something if the Sooners found a way to steal that one... they are currently 4-3 in the Big12... Seems like they've really righted the ship. That's still a win that's worth nothing though- right?
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:04 PM   #8
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
I dont like our chances today. But it is a No lose situation imo.
Old 02-05-2011, 02:27 PM   #9
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
Go Bearcats! Play like a champion today!
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:31 PM   #10
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph1950 View Post
Go Bearcats! Play like a champion today!
I will be pulling for them every second of the game.