Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 02-08-2011, 08:52 PM   #1
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Thoughts about tonight

I am starting to realize a couple of things just now.

- Our D played poorly Our O looked solid. I trust our D will be back soon so I take this as a positive.

- I don't think Yancy is lazy. I think he has the slowest feet I have every seen. His lateral movement is so bad. He will not be a NBA player. He may get there but will never play. He lacks the desire and physical ability. Yes, he is big and strong but has the worst lateral movement of all time.

- Kilpatrick played very well. Great awareness on the passes. I am very happy we have Cashmere Wright and Killer for the 3 and 4 more years.

- WTF happened to Dion Dixon?? Completely non existent in Beast play. If he gets his shit together we can beat some good teams. No confidence.

- Thomas played like a man. Really nice to see production from the 4.

- There was numerous ways to play that final .4 with the ball. I would have had 3 people at 3/4 down the court and lobbed it high. No way it is possible to jump, catch and shoot from that far. Even if you did it would be an unlikely to hit.

- 19 wins is damn nice. We have a couple decent wins and zero bad losses.

- Sunday is HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE. Beat St. Johns and you got to feel good about our chances.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:06 PM   #2
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreatone View Post
I don't think Yancy is lazy. I think he has the slowest feet I have every seen. His lateral movement is so bad. He will not be a NBA player. He may get there but will never play. He lacks the desire and physical ability. Yes, he is big and strong but has the worst lateral movement of all time.
What the...
Old 02-08-2011, 09:07 PM   #3
thebeast

thebeast is on a distinguished road
i thought dixon had turned the corner earlier this season and he would be a scorer for the next couple years but its obvious he loses his confidence and therefore his ability to score. a couple times tonight he turned away from a drive into the lane which is not what he would have done in the past.
we need him BAD.
cash and killa played real well
thebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:17 PM   #4
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Dixon has gone into hibernation.

Yancy has bad feet AND bad hands.

Cash played better tonite. With and w/o the ball...but that could be more of the opponent than him.

JK keeps showing me why he is better than LS as a frosh. He plays within the team game and is a legit threat from outside to boot.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:20 PM   #5
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
It was a precious Big East road win and UC is 19-5.
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:24 PM   #6
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
Win Sunday and they are in great position for the home stretch. Have to protect the home court after letting one go to WVU...

PS I HATE the fact that the game is at noon on Sunday.
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:30 PM   #7
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
swg - who is JK?

psax - nope, noon start is great, I work at 3! ha
Old 02-08-2011, 09:31 PM   #8
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph1950 View Post
It was a precious Big East road win and UC is 19-5.
against a team that has lost 23 straight BE games. yawn.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:34 PM   #9
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
against a team that has lost 23 straight BE games. yawn.
Better than losing to them in the first round of the Big East tournament after they'd gone winless in conference play... that was a difficult day.
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:08 PM   #10
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeast View Post
i thought dixon had turned the corner earlier this season and he would be a scorer for the next couple years but its obvious he loses his confidence and therefore his ability to score. a couple times tonight he turned away from a drive into the lane which is not what he would have done in the past.
we need him BAD.
cash and killa played real well
I thought the same thing. I honestly think its the level of competition with him. Tougher defenses and better opponents and he no longer is the best athlete on the floor. Thus he looks average. Cash's struggles as of late don't help either because I think defenses zeroed in on him more.