Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 05-30-2011, 06:57 AM   #11
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Not that anybody really needs to be reminded of it, but Anthony Bennett is one tough hombre. Powerful, athletic and skilled, he's the kind of guy that people in the gym make their way over to watch as he rattles the rims for CIA Bounce. Bennett indicated that he's really just getting into the recruiting process and he mentioned the likes of UConn, West Virginia, Arizona, Washington, Oregon, Florida, Florida State, Cincinnati, N.C. State, Oklahoma and Xavier as having tossed offers in his direction.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1226559
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 06:59 AM   #12
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
@DaveTelep Anthony Bennett isn't worried about schools. Singularly focused on hoop and it's showing.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:43 PM   #13
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Andre Drummond 2012, post & Anthony Bennett 2012, combo forward- It doesn't quite seem fair to have these two prospects on the same team. They are both physical athletes who are clicking together as teammates. Bennett's passionate and aggressive style of play seems to have rubbed off on Drummond, who had another strong day on Saturday.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.c...sp?CID=1228359
Old 06-05-2011, 05:53 PM   #14
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

What Bennett brings to a team goes without saying, as his energy can spark just about any team. Bennett pointed to his aggression and rebounding ability as two strengths of his game, and he’s looking to improve both is ball-handling and shot consistency this summer. And with regards to his college of choice, schools that play at a fast pace will stand a good chance of acquiring his services.

Bennett: offers from Cincinnati, Connecticut, Florida, Florida State, Oregon, Oregon State, Pittsburgh, UNLV, Washington, West Virginia and Xavier.

http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2011...day-two-recap/
Old 06-07-2011, 05:33 AM   #15
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Anthony Bennett (Brampton, Canada/Findlay Prep)
2012, PF, 6-8, 230 pounds
Some might say Bennett is underrated. The truth of the matter is he's getting better. Prior to the spring and early summer, Bennett was more prospect than player. Now he's struck a delicate balance of being a power forward with face-up abilities. He's a jumbo athlete and now he's impacting games. Bennett's spreading his wings and is creeping up the ranks, in the process he'll turn himself into a priority BCS recruit.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recru...ory?id=6630586
Old 06-18-2011, 07:21 AM   #16
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Anthony Bennett (2012 combo forward)- It never fails that Bennett is one of the top players at an event. He is solidifying himself as a knock down three-point shooter to go along with his athletic/effort game. At the end of day one, he is the No. 12 scorer in camp.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.c...sp?CID=1232355
Old 06-18-2011, 09:59 PM   #17
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Anthony Bennett – 6 ’7”, 230 lb senior F, Findlay (NV) Hailing from Toronto, over the course of two years being in the States Bennett has been involved in a transformation of sorts. The change is clearly continuing and successful. “That’s what I’m trying to do, because when I was in Canada, I was like the tallest person so they put me down low” shared the Toronto native when asked if he is in fact migrating to the perimeter. “When I came out here (America), everybody is the same height as me, if not taller, so I had to develop my game to a three- man (small forward) and take my player off the wing.” He’s done that in NBAPA play, attacking the tin hard, finishing similarly. He also has been solid in pick and roll situations, battled inside, rebounded against everyone, and stepped up to defensive challenges. The only thing he really hasn’t demonstrated frequently is deep outside shooting and top notch ball handling. As the camp has progressed, Bennett’s confidence seems to have increased: “Yes, because like, the first couple of games I was just trying to get into the groove. So I was just getting familiar with my teammates, so I just kicked it out to them. This game, I thought like ‘The shot is open I’ll take it and stuff’ and I’m confident in my shot too”. BIG EAST schools such as Cincinnati , Pittsburgh , Connecticut , West Virginia and Georgetown , along with Florida , Florida State , Oregon , Oregon State , UNLV Xavier , and as he said “a lot of others” have expressed recruiting interest, including a number of offers. Expect a decision “late next year”. What does he think of the B-EAST? “The BIG EAST is a tough conference, you have to go up against tough competition every game and stuff” opined Bennett of the league. He also believes coaching in the league to be top notch.

www.nbebasketball.com
Old 06-19-2011, 03:10 PM   #18
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
Really love this kids makeup. Reminds me of Eric Hicks and just looks like a bearcat. With Scott locked up what is Cronin looking for with his final scholarship for 2012?
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:45 PM   #19
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

There are options. With Scott's verbal that gives the Bearcats Him, Jackson, Mbodji, Gaines, and Ellis to man the frontcourt. I keep reading on another site that Jackson played the wing last season but I never saw that even once. I look for Mick to sign a wing player if possible but pg or post player isn't out of the question. There are options. That is good to have.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:40 PM   #20
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
There are options. With Scott's verbal that gives the Bearcats Him, Jackson, Mbodji, Gaines, and Ellis to man the frontcourt. I keep reading on another site that Jackson played the wing last season but I never saw that even once. I look for Mick to sign a wing player if possible but pg or post player isn't out of the question. There are options. That is good to have.
For the first time since Mick Cronin has been head coach at UC, he can go after the best available player and not the best player at a certain position. Nice luxury.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote