Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 03-22-2010, 01:57 PM   #21
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
His season must be coming to an end soon right? Any word on a decision? Where do we stand?
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:02 PM   #22
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

BearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura aboutBearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura about
http://www.premierball.com/video-mar...class-of-2011/

Nice little minute video.

Check out the :30 mark. I'll have more please.
BearcatAlum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:55 PM   #23
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreatone View Post
His season must be coming to an end soon right? Any word on a decision? Where do we stand?
I've heard positive things the entire way about the relationship between Teague and Cronin... though, the family itself has been very reserved in letting anything leak about favorites, etc... from everything that I've seen/read/etc I've admired the way in which the Teague's have handled his recruitment... this kid would be another landmark recruit in the progression of this program... a commitment from him and it's significance would be such a needed shot in the arm to the team right now...
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:05 AM   #24
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
I don't know the odds of him coming but it seems like we are a legitimate contendor. Would be a huge feather in the cap for Cronin and would honestly give him great job security.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:52 PM   #25
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906

Last edited by psax889906; 03-24-2010 at 08:59 PM.
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 11:57 AM   #26
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreatone View Post
I don't know the odds of him coming but it seems like we are a legitimate contendor. Would be a huge feather in the cap for Cronin and would honestly give him great job security.
In my opinion, Teague will come to UC to play for Mick. If the vocal minority have their way and Mick is let go Teague will not be at UC. Recruiting for the 2011-2012 season is going to be a really big deal. If the fans care about the future of UC basketball the fans need to get behind Mick and the team 100%. The alternative is a new coach and a new 5 year rebuilding program and another 5 years of not much winning.
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 12:26 PM   #27
ucdave

ucdave is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph1950 View Post
In my opinion, Teague will come to UC to play for Mick. If the vocal minority have their way and Mick is let go Teague will not be at UC. Recruiting for the 2011-2012 season is going to be a really big deal. If the fans care about the future of UC basketball the fans need to get behind Mick and the team 100%. The alternative is a new coach and a new 5 year rebuilding program and another 5 years of not much winning.
I agree with everything you say except Teague coming to UC. I hope you're right, but I have my doubts.
ucdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 02:53 PM   #28
anbuc88
Elite Member

anbuc88 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph1950 View Post
I hope Teague and his family realize that the morons calling for Mick's head are a vocal minority. The negativity on certain internet websites, such as BCN, can't do anything but the hurt the perception of the program in the minds of recruits. The administrators at BCN let things get out of hand and allowed constant negativity by the same 5-10 posters to permeate their site. Two months ago there was a request by Todd Cunningham of BearcatLair asking that the negative rhetoric be curtailed as it was affecting recruiting. I, along with others, pleaded that the site should be cleaned up as the constant criticism was affecting the long term success of UC basketball. They made an effort, but not nearly enough. I hope that the administrators of this site will take heed and get rid of posters who feel the need to personally attack Mick Cronin and the players. There are few such posters currently, but mark my word they will come. This is currently an excellent site for intelligent discourse concerning UC athletics, and lets not let others spoil it.
anbuc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 04:04 PM   #29
anbuc88
Elite Member

anbuc88 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobot View Post
This coming from someone who got themselves banned for aguing with said negative posters.
That's correct. I got banned for continually argueing the positive aspects of UC and Mick Cronin with the constantly negative posters. For that, I will not apologize. I did let it get to me and should have known better, but I think I will survive. In all honesty, I didn't get myself banned, that was the decision handed down by the mods at BCN. But, if the negativeity had been kept at bay by the administrators of BCN, then the rancor would have been drastically decreased and each and every thread would not have degenerated into a pissing match. I don't personally feel that I was the source of negativity at BCN, if that what you are implying, but always felt the need to defend my school and coach. I think that overall the administators at BCN do a good job, but they lost sight of why websites such as this are created. IMO, these sites are for those who LOVE the university and its mission, not just the sports programs. From the tenor of many of the negative posters at BCN, this is not the case. There is nothing productive that comes from constantly stating that Mick Cronin sucks, can't coach, is short, should be fired, or that those who support him must be his brother or are delusional. This was allowed to happen at BCN and contiues to be allowed. These sites aren't a first amendment issue, and both sides to an arguement don't have to be heard, as is evidenced by my own recent banning. When there was a hint that the negativity at BCN was having an adverse effect on recruiting, it was incumant on the administrators to act. They didn't and we will never know if this will cause certain recruits to look elsewhere. But I guessing that if it does, this would have been the last thing that the creators of the BCN would have ever wanted.
anbuc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 04:20 PM   #30
Lobot

Lobot will become famous soon enough
+1 point taken. Can I suggest we continue this in PM on BCN. No reason to drag it over here. I actually deleted my post that you responded to but you beat me to it.