Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Final 5 games-
2/21 @Houston
2/25 vs UCF
2/28 @Tulane
3/4 @Tulsa
3/8 vs Memphis

All Scenario's below:
No reason that they can't win all 5. Have they given us reason to believe they will? No.
Doogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 09:09 AM   #3
ucswais

ucswais is on a distinguished road
5-0? Welcome to the dance. No harm, no foul the last 2 weeks.

4-1? AAC tourney becomes interesting, other midmajor finals become interesting, selection sunday becomes the highest rated show in town

3-2 .... AAC tourney is critical. Might even need to win the thing.

2-3.... just hoping for the autobid

1-4, 0-5, basically impossible

My personal opinions...
Houston 80%
UCF 95%
Tulane 85%
Tulsa 60%
Memphis 80%

4-1, still hanging around the "barely in" line heading to Hartford. Take your blood pressure meds everyone.
ucswais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 09:13 AM   #4
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucswais View Post
5-0? Welcome to the dance. No harm, no foul the last 2 weeks.

4-1? AAC tourney becomes interesting, other midmajor finals become interesting, selection sunday becomes the highest rated show in town

3-2 .... AAC tourney is critical. Might even need to win the thing.

2-3.... just hoping for the autobid

1-4, 0-5, basically impossible

My personal opinions...
Houston 80%
UCF 95%
Tulane 85%
Tulsa 60%
Memphis 80%

4-1, still hanging around the "barely in" line heading to Hartford. Take your blood pressure meds everyone.
It is looking like Cincinnati is probably going to be in the 4/5 game in Hartford. Most likely against Memphis or UConn. If Cincinnati goes 4-1, and wins that first game in Hartford, I think they are in. The next game would be against SMU and a loss against them wouldn't be detrimental (especially since we've already beat them twice). If they go 4-1 and lose that first game...UC will be sweating it out.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 10:10 AM   #5
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
UC wins out they are fine and they are capable of that. I agree with B_NTS on his scenario.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 10:20 AM   #6
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
It is looking like Cincinnati is probably going to be in the 4/5 game in Hartford. Most likely against Memphis or UConn. If Cincinnati goes 4-1, and wins that first game in Hartford, I think they are in. The next game would be against SMU and a loss against them wouldn't be detrimental (especially since we've already beat them twice). If they go 4-1 and lose that first game...UC will be sweating it out.
I only remember really sweating it out on Selection Sunday twice. This year could be the third.

One year, I believe we lost to Southern Miss or some bad C-USA team in the 1st round of the conference tournament...then we got in and Chuck got booted from the Gonzaga game. I remember it like it was yesterday, I was down at Spring Training with my dad watching it at a restaurant.

The other time was when McNamara hit that runner to send us home from NYC and we didn't get in the dance. That was such a shame, I loved that year's team.

Let's not put it in the committee's hands!!
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 10:40 AM   #7
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
Question -- why would a loss at Tulsa hurt our RPI more than a loss at Tulane or Houston?
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 10:48 AM   #8
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
If we end up needing a win against uconn in the 1st round...i'd say welcome to the NIT.
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 11:39 AM   #9
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Question -- why would a loss at Tulsa hurt our RPI more than a loss at Tulane or Houston?
In a vacuum it wouldn't. However that scenario factors in a win over Tulsa + a loss to Tulane or Houston. That is better for the RPI than a win over Tulane or Tulsa + a loss to Tulsa.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 12:06 PM   #10
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
They hold their fate in their hands and have for a long time now. Win these last 5 games and you're more than likely a lock. Win the last 5 and 1 in the CT and you're without question a lock. Guys have to play with a sense of urgency.

Last edited by bearcat jeff; 02-20-2015 at 12:31 PM.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote