Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2015, 08:31 PM   #1
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
2014-2015 Season Wrap-up

Crazy year for Cincinnati basketball. In the end though, I think it was about what we all expected. Lots of ups and downs as we found the right mix. Definitely no shame in how we ended the season. Obviously would've loved to win today, but the experience we gained will go a long way towards next year. Really looking forward to seeing the confidence we enter the season with. I feel like there have been years where we as fans are almost scared to be ranked bc we play better with the "underdog" mentality...next year is not going to be one of those years. We're going to expect to win every single game with virtually everyone on the roster in their comfortable, defined role. Very exciting.

I'd also like to give props to Larry Davis. He is a good man. He was not handed an easy task. He wasn't perfect, but he was able to keep us focused through some rough stretches. He never let us fold, and that says a lot about his attitude.

All in all, I'm very proud of this team and I can't wait to see what they have in store for us next year. Let's add a piece or two this spring and come back with Mick's strongest team yet!

Last edited by jacobkdoyle; 03-21-2015 at 08:35 PM.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 08:39 PM   #2
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
I had them as a bubble team so they exceeded my expectations, especially considering Mick was out for half the season. Interesting to me was that I had high expectations for all the returning guys and low expectations for all the newcomers but it ended up the complete opposite. The newcomers really impressed me while the returning players disappointed me.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 09:00 PM   #3
BCM
Epic Member

BCM is an unknown quantity at this point
Handed a tough task, indeed. Could have probably made a gutsy run in the tourney with this unbelievable group of guys, in any other bracket. Still, to think we even made it to round of 32 with everything we've been dealt over the year is still an incredible accomplishment, please, nobody try to take that away from them. They hung in there with the most unbalanced team in the NCAA for a while giving us hope far long than I thought we'd get. That's pretty cool in my eyes.

Until then, in case it was missed in the other thread, I'm already well into my bearcats survival and resuscitation kit. To next year! Somebody clank my imaginary glass
BCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 10:04 AM   #4
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
I agree with what everyone said. I was hoping to make the dance this year and hopefully have gelled enough by end of year to make a sweet sixteen run by beating a higher seed. Glad we won the first game and given the match-up beating Kentucky was going to be near impossible. So I'm happy. This season was a roller coaster but fun and in the end I'm happier with this season than I was how we ended last season.
Old 03-22-2015, 10:41 AM   #5
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
It will be interesting to see if coach Davis gets any interests from schools. IMO, I believe he will return to UC as the head assistant coach. We are in a nice position with Davis. Davis has been around for a while. He's been a head coach before. He is not a young coach trying to make a name for himself. I don't think Davis will accept offers from small D-I programs. It would take a strong mid major at the least to lure Davis away from Cincinnati. (imo) Also, Davis has a lot invested in this UC program, and they are just now starting to see the benefits of their hard work. I also know Davis's family loves living in Cincy but both of their children are grown and moved on. I would be thrilled for coach Davis to get a coaching offer if it were at a good program. But I would also be thrilled for him to return to UC. I think it might even help him during recruiting. His face is way more recognizable now than it ever has been before.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote