Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2019, 03:56 PM   #91
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Someone try to get cronin back for this guy. So he can stop crying.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 03:57 PM   #92
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldpanner View Post
I’m still waiting. Who would the miracle hire be to have a top 10 team this year?
Good question, I’m also curious who the hire would have been.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 03:59 PM   #93
Goldpanner

Goldpanner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Good question, I’m also curious who the hire would have been.
If we only sent coach k an offer. Man. We missed out 🤣🤣🤣
Goldpanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 04:01 PM   #94
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRunner89 View Post
Two diff situations two different rosters. UCLA was garbage and soft, they are also a young team. Very irresponsible approach to compare the two. There are many variables that make a team good. Continuity is one of them but besides that the roster just isn't as good. Moral would of been better stuff is just different. The team was top ten considering they were underrated based off how are conference is viewed. We were in a league last yr with virtually 2 sweet 16 teams if Houston and UCF can finish against UK and Duke. This wasn't meant to be a rebuild kind of yr and any other guy with CACHE keeps a team like that together no question
You're telling me the roster Brannen has right now is that much better than the roster UCLA has right now? This team was never a top 10 team and only got worse before he even started coaching.

Your standards of a coach instantly having his scheme, philosophy, and results in place is apparently only held for Brannen and no one else.

Last edited by Alum2013; 12-23-2019 at 04:03 PM.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 04:01 PM   #95
Goldpanner

Goldpanner is on a distinguished road
Someone please refresh my memory. Where did Huggins come from? And where did Cronin come from?
Goldpanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 04:02 PM   #96
HongKongPhooey

HongKongPhooey is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRunner89 View Post
Just say you don't know how to respond and keep it pushin. Fact is brannen should of never of been hired and the season isn't going in a fashion I'm used to, and if he was a coach on this level and deservedly so we would be better off. But I gotta wait on something that I already understand what are fans like me to do when you know a mistake has been made. It's like watching a kid about to do something stupid or doing something stupid and we gotta give em a chance to **** up excuse me but that's what it's like
Lucky for us its not about you or your inflated idea of the state of UC basketball. Fact is UC averaged 22.5 wins 11.5 losses with less than half a tournament win per year with Mick. He had 89 wins in three year run. I think you forget about Mick's early struggles Joe. It took him time and it will take Brannen time and the next guy time. If you were qualified to hire coaches, I'm guessing you wouldn't be in a chat room spewing nonsense about how you know more about basketball than everyone.
HongKongPhooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 04:05 PM   #97
HongKongPhooey

Quote:
Someone please refresh my memory. Where did Huggins come from? And where did Cronin come from?
Akron and Murray State but I think you knew that.
Old 12-23-2019, 04:11 PM   #98
HongKongPhooey

Joe runner your really trying to say UC has more talent than ucla and Mick's job was harder than Brannen's. You should retire yourself from debating basketball. It's over buddy if you hadn't already you have officially been outed as a basketball hack.
Old 12-23-2019, 04:11 PM   #99
JoeRunner89

JoeRunner89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
No. It wasn’t. Then the coach left. Move on
Bro I've moved on ok lol. My God this isn't about Cronin but he should of been resigned if your not gonna replace him with a suitable replacement that exceeds the prior coach since that was the goal. Y'all like to take a point made and make a mochary out of it. What rational or when have I proposed hiring coach k or Tony Bennett? If you can't sing an improvement you resign the current guy getting you into the postseason. Mick was a young hot coach who earned his stripes coaching in the big east against Calhoun, Bioehim, Patino, Jay wright, Bob Huggins the list goes on. We shouldn't need to dig into the mid majors to poach a coach esp if we are an established program but if you can find a diamond in the rough feel free
JoeRunner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 04:15 PM   #100
JoeRunner89

JoeRunner89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by HongKongPhooey View Post
Joe runner your really trying to say UC has more talent than ucla and Mick's job was harder than Brannen's. You should retire yourself from debating basketball. It's over buddy if you hadn't already you have officially been outed as a basketball hack.
Mick took over a rebuilding situation in UCLA. UC blasted UCLA just last yr when thier roster was better than it is now so, I don't knw what your trying to say
JoeRunner89 is offline   Reply With Quote