Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > 2019 Recruiting Profiles

Old 08-12-2018, 05:02 PM   #51
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_one_32 View Post
KJ is revealing his final 7 schools at 3pm eastern today. Not feeling real good about UC being among the schools.
We are in his final 8 but I still don’t think there’s any chance he comes here
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 09:32 PM   #52
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_one_32 View Post
I'm sure it doesn't help Kenyon hitched his wagon more to Huggins than he did the school. Remember after Huggs was let go, Kenyon was pretty outspoken against the administration. Took forever to get him back on the campus in any capacity.
I agree with him. But he did come back....thought it would be all good since the Darth Z moved on too after creating a disaster. Oh well
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 09:48 PM   #53
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
I agree with him. But he did come back....thought it would be all good since the Darth Z moved on too after creating a disaster. Oh well
Not everyone will get that. What was her name again ?
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 06:14 AM   #54
Cin City

Cin City is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ BEARCAT View Post
Not everyone will get that. What was her name again ?
Nancy Zimpher...assuming you weren't being sarcastic. If so, my apologies.

Also...everyone, let's not go on a tangent. She gone.
Cin City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 06:51 AM   #55
cincycpaw
Epic Member

Not trying to open a can of worms...just trying to say I thought the relationship had been repaired to a level that we just might get a recruiting advantage for K-Mart's kid.

Glad to see we are still on the list, though from what others have said who are in the know apparently we have no chance. If that's the case, good luck to him and I'm sure Mick is moving on to finding someone that wants to be a Bearcat.
Old 08-13-2018, 07:21 AM   #56
GarradJ21
Epic Member

Quote:
Not trying to open a can of worms...just trying to say I thought the relationship had been repaired to a level that we just might get a recruiting advantage for K-Mart's kid.

Glad to see we are still on the list, though from what others have said who are in the know apparently we have no chance. If that's the case, good luck to him and I'm sure Mick is moving on to finding someone that wants to be a Bearcat.
I don't think Mick wants him either. It's not just K-Mart Jr. not wanting to come to Cincy.
Old 08-13-2018, 07:32 AM   #57
cincycpaw
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
I don't think Mick wants him either. It's not just K-Mart Jr. not wanting to come to Cincy.

Really? That’s interesting.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:39 AM   #58
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Really? That’s interesting.
Kenyon Dissed mick on twitter when we lost to Nevada (im not going to get into why that is so hypocritical of him) and Kenyon is an abrasive dude, who never knows when to shut the F up. I could see him and Mick no longer being friends if he played for UC.

My guess is that Mick told him that he is not going to actively recruit him and set him up for the kind of pressure playing at UC with Martin on the back of your jersey will bring, but that if with no recruitment, he still wanted to go to UC, that Mick would probably accept his committment, but I doubt that happens

But this is all for Show imo. He has zero intentions of coming to UC and Mick isn't one bit upset about it. At least he is pinning the UC tweet to his twitter and kept us in his top 8, its all good PR for UC. But we aren't going to land him.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 09:50 AM   #59
cincycpaw
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Kenyon Dissed mick on twitter when we lost to Nevada (im not going to get into why that is so hypocritical of him) and Kenyon is an abrasive dude, who never knows when to shut the F up. I could see him and Mick no longer being friends if he played for UC.

My guess is that Mick told him that he is not going to actively recruit him and set him up for the kind of pressure playing at UC with Martin on the back of your jersey will bring, but that if with no recruitment, he still wanted to go to UC, that Mick would probably accept his committment, but I doubt that happens

But this is all for Show imo. He has zero intentions of coming to UC and Mick isn't one bit upset about it. At least he is pinning the UC tweet to his twitter and kept us in his top 8, its all good PR for UC. But we aren't going to land him.
High School drama
Old 08-13-2018, 10:10 AM   #60
GarradJ21
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post

I would think you are spot on with this.

K-Mart will be one of those parents on the sideline that gives his son's coach a lot of issues if playing time or anything is going against K-Mart Jr. Bob Huggins, Penny Hardaway or Patrick Ewing are a few of the coaches that can handle it and probably would not get too much grief from K-Mart. I have no clue how the kid will turn out but I don't think he's all that anyways. I mean if the weird situation wasn't in effect and this was a kid we truly wanted I'd be all for it because I know we take kids off potential and hard work but I don't think we are missing out too much on this regardless.

But yes, I agree with Hub, if any kid wants to put us in their top list to get our brand out there, I'm fully ok with it

Last edited by GarradJ21; 08-13-2018 at 10:15 AM.