Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-20-2017, 04:11 PM   #81
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Also of NOTE:

we are a big team. we have 2 small point guards, Then everyone else from there is 6'5 or taller. ITs like SMU but with a True PG
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 05:17 PM   #82
rogerOH

rogerOH is on a distinguished road
I have watched all three recruits play between 5-10 games apiece. Nsoseme is very athletic but in all his games I might have seen 1 short range jump shot and 0 post moves. Moore has a nice stroke but never drives just hangs out at the perimeter, he possibly could contribute. K. Williams(the MVP of one of the best leagues in the country) is the real deal and will play a lot, he has everything and plays bigger than 6'5. All this is just my take on them.
rogerOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 05:40 PM   #83
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerOH View Post
I have watched all three recruits play between 5-10 games apiece. Nsoseme is very athletic but in all his games I might have seen 1 short range jump shot and 0 post moves. Moore has a nice stroke but never drives just hangs out at the perimeter, he possibly could contribute. K. Williams(the MVP of one of the best leagues in the country) is the real deal and will play a lot, he has everything and plays bigger than 6'5. All this is just my take on them.
At first I didn't like the moore signing. But after looking at him, if he can just shoot lights out and play solid defense, I love the signing. He has good size and shooters can make a big difference. Look at Alford from ucla. That's all he does

As for the big guy (can't spell his name), he looks like a raw project. I would like a more solid guy but I get what they are doing. Big guys are hard to find and any high rated one isn't going to come here and sit for a year. Hopefully this guy will be ready in 2 years and won't be one of those projects that never can development.

Williams looks like a solid guard. i think he will have a solid freshman year and hopefully have a good enough career Where we are wondering if he will leave early. If he is at the Jacob Evans level, we are in good shape

Still would like to have that Collins guard if he's still available
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:09 PM   #84
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
What games do we know in the Ooc next year for sure?
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:32 PM   #85
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatboy View Post
I can't think of many.
@Xavier
The cayman island tournament (Iowa, UAB & Wyoming)
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:51 PM   #86
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatboy View Post
I don't think there are any. Curious what kind of schedule we can put together over the summer
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:06 PM   #87
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
I'd like to play Marshall and Rhode Island again if we can.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:41 PM   #88
HExus

HExus is on a distinguished road
Been looking forward to next year before the cats were bumped

I've been saying next year should be Mick's best squad. This years probably was all around, but next years should raise the bar again.

They could have beaten UCLA. I'm disappointed obviously.... It is what it is. They got put in a situation where they had to go all the way to the west coast and play a series of teams that I think were underseeded.

The UCLA game was a "neutral" site. Kind of like the URI game was a "neutral" site at the start of the year.

Oh well. Its over. Honestly lets be real. Even if they had beaten UCLA, could they have beaten Kentucky, UNC, and then 2 more top ranked teams?

It wasn't in the cards this year, but they are getting close. I LOVED LOVED LOVED the D for most of the game. The D is legit. We know this.

The depth and experience will be key next year to putting them over the top I think. I think it will be the edge that gets them over teams like Kentucky that rely on 5 star 1 and done freshman every year.

We have some guys that can flat out play. Not quite good enough to go 1 or 2 and done, but good enough to be as good by a Senior year I think.

I wouldn't worry so much about the schedule if we just take care of business.

There is no reason why we shouldn't be able to win almost every game next year. We lost 6 this year. I think 2 or 3 losses next year if a fair expectation.

Gonzaga's SOS was only a few higher than ours. But guess what? They only lost 1 game.

You have to take care of business. You can't loss games and cry about the outcome. No matter the seed at the end I think the cats will have a team that is ready to compete next year.
HExus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:54 PM   #89
HExus

Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
Think it's fair to say we'll be preseason ranked next year. I've been telling people #18 this morning. Seem reasonable? Will be interesting to see how much pollsters value Tory/Kevin.
This wouldn't surprise me at all. UC never gets national respect anymore.

This team SHOULD be top 10 going into preseason assuming everyone returns that should and stays healthy.

The great thing is the people that aren't paying attention can hold our junk when we show up to play.

This team will still play a top 10 D next year, and they will be better in just about every way possible. There is no way we shouldn't be on the national radar in a serious way.

But who cares what those people think.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:03 PM   #90
HExus

yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I expect a very solid starting 5 with tons of offensive potential.

Washington
Clark
Evans
Cumberland
Broome

I hope we can get one solid backup big and wing. I hope Brooks works real hard in the off season on some moves and can pick up about 15 minutes per game next year ala DeBerry. His D should be solid. We could also go guard heavy with 1 big at times. I hope Williams is ready for about 15 minutes as well. He is a pretty good athlete so he should be able to play some D as well as put a few points on the board.

We could really run like hell if we put in Jenifer and Broome with Evans and Cumberland on the floor.

I'm excited. Hopefully we can manage to play another season without significant injury. It should be a great year. Just in time for a new arena and hopefully capitalize on some decent recruits as we move into our new home.
Yeah I really like Brooks. hes raw, but he would have lead the team in blocks by a land slide if he got the min the others did. He is going to be a force as he matures on the Defensive end. I don't know about his offensive capabilities, but we don't need him to carry the team in that way, just make good choices.

I loved seeing him in the paint against UCLA with his arms up and in the passing lanes. He seems like a difference maker in disrupting ball movement. Nice to have a true C to clog the lane.

I can 100% see them having multiple looks like you said. 3 or 4 guards, or a more traditional GGFFC lineup with brooks. Like you said, if he can up his production even marginally and help take foul pressure off Clark and Washington that will be huge.

Next years team will be heavy on versatility thats for sure.