Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 12-07-2015, 11:29 AM   #1
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Xavier

Game is @ Xavier on Saturday at 5:30 PM EST on FOX.

They are undefeated. We all know that. I think we have to play halfcourt, straight man defense. Otherwise they will spread us out and go to work. I'm not sure we have someone up to the task of taking Bluiett though.

I think we'll be +6. Can't have a slow start. I think we'll come out ready to go. If these guys aren't chomping at the bit right now and ready to compete, we'll lose by 30. I hope we have learned our lessons bc if not, we're gonna take one on the chin.

UC 81
Xavier 72
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 02:08 PM   #2
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Bearcat Rob is on a distinguished road
definitely hope to see hope see man v man from us. Will be a fun game but cant let them get hot from three (although there playing uc so expect their worst shooter on the team to hit like 10 threes). There point guard is tall at 6'6'' but very thin and has o muscle would love to see our stronger guards kj and troy use there strength advantage here. Clark had a very good game last year, i think james farr from xu was the primary guy guarding him, expect to see gary take it to him again he needs to be aggressive. Troy and Ellis need to be the guys to lead the team Saturday, troy needs to step up in late shot clock situations and when we need points. Hopefully we start shooting like we are capable of and sunday was just a fluke
Bearcat Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 02:09 PM   #3
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Bearcat Rob is on a distinguished road
Really hope Evans is 100% too, i think he matches up well with xavier and could have a big impact
Bearcat Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 02:24 PM   #4
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
If we go straight man how do we guard the 1 big man lineup? Who guards Bluiett? I'm not sure Clark can guard him on the perimeter, so then it's shaq. Then who does Clark guard? He's not gonna guard a 6'4 guard.

Xavier plays 4 "small" guys plus a Reynolds or Farr. I'm not sure how we match up with that man to man unless Clark sits and Shaq plays the 4, but then we can't take one of our best all around players off the court.

Reynolds and Farr have only played together 3.5% of the time the last 5 games, so xavier is gonna have 4 guys under 6'7 on the court at all times.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 02:32 PM   #5
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
If we go straight man how do we guard the 1 big man lineup? Who guards Bluiett? I'm not sure Clark can guard him on the perimeter, so then it's shaq. Then who does Clark guard? He's not gonna guard a 6'4 guard.

Xavier plays 4 "small" guys plus a Reynolds or Farr. I'm not sure how we match up with that man to man unless Clark sits and Shaq plays the 4, but then we can't take one of our best all around players off the court.

Reynolds and Farr have only played together 3.5% of the time the last 5 games, so xavier is gonna have 4 guys under 6'7 on the court at all times.
Didn't realize Reynolds and Farr played together so little. I would like to go small anytime Clark isn't in. It might be a weird matchup but either Clark or Shaq can easily guard Abell. He's not a huge threat. Having Clark and Ellis (or DeBerry) in together could also help us dominate in the post offensively. If we kill them in the post, maybe Farr and Reynolds would have to play together. I just think they will torch our zone. They are too good on offense to be slowed down by that. We saw it last year, then stayed in the game after finally switching to man.

Last edited by jacobkdoyle; 12-07-2015 at 02:48 PM.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 02:59 PM   #6
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
I have no idea what the solution is, I just hope Mick does.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 03:24 PM   #7
Basketball.com
Banned

Basketball.com is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
I have no idea what the solution is, I just hope Mick does.

We will be just fine. I believe, lets go Bearcats....
Basketball.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 04:46 PM   #8
TNBearcat3

TNBearcat3 is on a distinguished road
Man I hate X....whatever we do I just hope we beat them.
TNBearcat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 05:03 PM   #9
BCM
Epic Member

BCM is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBearcat3 View Post
Man I hate X....whatever we do I just hope we beat them.
If not in basketball then in the inevitable fight at the end
BCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 05:21 PM   #10
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
If this week doesn't humble them maybe a beat down by X will wake the team up.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote