Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 12-21-2015, 01:31 PM   #11
indydoug

indydoug is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat513 View Post
Thinking UC will be favored by around 3.5. The Bearcats should be able to win this game. ISU, like many have been saying, don't have much depth. Their defense is nothing special so hopefully we can bring the tempo up a bit. Wear them out. Then finish the game strong since ISU usually plays a better second half.

UC: 74
ISU: 68
Kenpom does rank them as #33 in adj. def Efficiency, so that's pretty decent. They do lack depth with recent injury though.
indydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 01:36 PM   #12
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
I saw -4 and -3.5 on VegasInsider.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 02:41 PM   #13
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Iowa State only dropped to 11. Wish they were top 10 stil but either way this is going to be an amazing game

And the crowd is gonna be a mad house.

We moved up to 22
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 04:16 AM   #14
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Well for all the aspiring young coaches out there how do we beat ISU. Do we push the ball,play a more deliberate game designed to limit possessions. Zone,man to man,press after every possession?

I think we grind this one out. If we have a run out of course we take it but if ISU gets to 70 points I think they walk out of here with a win. I think we frustrate them into trying to speed the game up and use our depth to wear them down. We won't be trying to get into a up and down game with them. I also think we have to win the battle on the offensive glass. They don't have a long bench and making them play defense and not giving up quick baskets should play to our strength.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 07:03 AM   #15
Bulldog01
Banned

Bulldog01 is an unknown quantity at this point
How do you speed game up without running up and down court?
Bulldog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 07:29 AM   #16
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Watching ISU play they are very gifted on the offensive side. The two games I watched against Iowa and NIU they got down early but continue to fight obviously by the scores of their games. In my eyes we are the better team but just have to play tough (story of the season). I think we get out on them early but we need to stay focused and that is on Cronin to have our team never believe the game has been won. We keep having late game lapses (Butler VCU) so we need to pour it on them for 40 whole minutes. It will be a fun game and def a winnable game. I say we win by right where the spread has us at 4-5 points. Go Bearcats!
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 07:31 AM   #17
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Does anyone know how attendance is looking? I'd imagine pretty good just worries me a little with the holidays and school being out.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 09:35 AM   #18
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
Does anyone know how attendance is looking? I'd imagine pretty good just worries me a little with the holidays and school being out.
No idea but UC is doing a smart promo where local high school kids can get free student tickets if they apply for them for all the home games when UC is on break. Hopefully that will help.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 09:50 AM   #19
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Don't have a good feeling about this one, I think we play them tough but in the end fail to keep up with them on the scoreboard. Niang loves to sneak out and shoot the corner 3, we can't figure out how to guard it........I think he proves to be the difference.

IAST - 67
UC - 59
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 10:01 AM   #20
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
In the limited minutes KJ does get, I expect that he'll be a real pain in the a$$ guarding Monte Morris. I bet we'll have a similar plan offensively that we had against VCU. We just better be looking for every opportunity to get easy looks. Time for Caupain to have a big scoring game. I'm hoping for 15+ from Cobb as well. Clark and Ellis need to stay out of foul trouble.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote