Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2015, 10:02 AM   #21
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
Don't have a good feeling about this one, I think we play them tough but in the end fail to keep up with them on the scoreboard. Niang loves to sneak out and shoot the corner 3, we can't figure out how to guard it........I think he proves to be the difference.

IAST - 67
UC - 59
If we score 59, I might cry.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 10:03 AM   #22
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
In the limited minutes KJ does get, I expect that he'll be a real pain in the a$$ guarding Monte Morris. I bet we'll have a similar plan offensively that we had against VCU. We just better be looking for every opportunity to get easy looks. Time for Caupain to have a big scoring game. I'm hoping for 15+ from Cobb as well. Clark and Ellis need to stay out of foul trouble.
Would certainly be huge to see the good KJ tonight. He is due. Guard well and knock down some 3's
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 10:11 AM   #23
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Would certainly be huge to see the good KJ tonight. He is due. Guard well and knock down some 3's
I don't know if he loses confidence or what goes on with him, but when he starts picking up his dribble for no reason in horrible spots on the floor and then panics, I scream at my tv.

You can tell he's afraid to turn it over, but then that makes him scared to dribble or pass the ball.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 10:14 AM   #24
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
I don't know if he loses confidence or what goes on with him, but when he starts picking up his dribble for no reason in horrible spots on the floor and then panics, I scream at my tv.

You can tell he's afraid to turn it over, but then that makes him scared to dribble or pass the ball.
He needs to stand in the corner the entire time and do nothing but catch and shoot 3s. That'd help free up some space for everyone else too. Then on defense, pick up the PG full court and pester the hell out of him.
Old 12-22-2015, 10:22 AM   #25
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
He needs to stand in the corner the entire time and do nothing but catch and shoot 3s. That'd help free up some space for everyone else too. Then on defense, pick up the PG full court and pester the hell out of him.
For me he is one of the more frustrating players on the team. He can be very good at times and very bad.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 10:26 AM   #26
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
Hope everyone can make it tonight. Saw on twitter there are couple hundred tickets left. Student tickets sold out, only overflow now.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 10:27 AM   #27
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post

He's afraid to put the ball on the floor because he's not very good at it. Unfortunately his passing is even worse. He should just run around setting pics, run the baseline, and make catch and shoot set shots. And play D of course...he's really good at that
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 10:33 AM   #28
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
He's afraid to put the ball on the floor because he's not very good at it. Unfortunately his passing is even worse. He should just run around setting pics, run the baseline, and make catch and shoot set shots. And play D of course...he's really good at that
They'd just switch anytime KJ tried to set a screen. I like when we get Ellis, DeBerry, and Clark out top to try to keep Caupain moving towards the hoop.
Old 12-22-2015, 10:34 AM   #29
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat513 View Post
Hope everyone can make it tonight. Saw on twitter there are couple hundred tickets left. Student tickets sold out, only overflow now.
So we don't have to call out the students today? Lol.
Old 12-22-2015, 10:41 AM   #30
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
I hope not Jacob. Unfortunately, selling the tickets and students actually coming is a big difference.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote