Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2016, 10:55 AM   #21
coverley

coverley is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-T View Post
If he goes, UNLV is just one less school that we'll have to worry about on our quest to win a national championship. I don't know what they will do about their name though. The UNLV Walking Rebels just doesn't have the same pizazz.
For a "mid major" poster that was an amusing post.
coverley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 10:57 AM   #22
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Clearly his agent is using this for a contract negotiation so I don't see him leaving for UNLV. I don't want him to leave but won't be heartbroken if he did.
Didn't he just sign an extension two summers ago? Or is it up after the 2017 season?

Either way, he's not moving to Vegas. With his family here ( dad and his daughter) there is zero chance this happens. I think Chad ( check me if I am wrong here) said Cronin's buyout is 7mill? Seems high now that I type it, but still it will take some serious $$ to get him away. Unless Pitino mans up and leaves UofL.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 11:00 AM   #23
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
"I'm the only guy who has an agent that doesn't need one. I have no interest, none. The only job I have an interest in is the Cincinnati job." - Mick Cronin

He is not going anywhere anytime soon. He is not getting the ELITE job it would take for him to leave and he is not getting fired. By the way firing him right now would be the height of stupidity. Might lose Clark, Evans, and Cumberland. If you want to fire him you wait. We are trying to get into a P-5 conference. We are trying to put together the money for a new arena. Mick has proven he can get us to the tournament. If you fire him after 6 straight NCAA tournaments with a shitty arena in a shitty league you are not gonna get anybody that is nearly as good. If we get into the new conference and have the new arena you might be able to fetch a decent replacement. Right now the devil I know is much better than the devil I dont. If we end up with a Josh Pastner you will truly see what irrelevant looks like. The frustration with Mick is understandable but lets not commit suicide.
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 11:13 AM   #24
westsidecat
Banned

westsidecat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by seldompost View Post
Mick is not moving his daughter to Vegas
Why, couldn't he help sammy with her homework in vegas?
westsidecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 11:16 AM   #25
westsidecat
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-T View Post
Its an irrelevant mid-major.program. It would be a perfect fit for both sides.
Agreed. Unlv hasn't been to a tourney in 3 years. They would love mick.
Old 03-20-2016, 11:19 AM   #26
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Think your right but find it funny that many comment on his lack of coaching ability and mention that he makes to much money and here is a school willing to give him a raise and payout a 3 Mil buyout to get him to coach for them.
Waite I love how you just make stuff up out of thin air. So an article with "sources" says he is a candidate and somehow that means UNLV is willing to give him a raise and a payout of $3 million just like that? And I'm still waiting on a link to those schools that offerred Mick a job since you make those statements as if they were a fact.

Mick isn't going anywhere, especially to UNLV. He's using it for leverage....again. But frankly after such a disappointing season he doesn't have much leverage.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 11:24 AM   #27
westsidecat
Banned

Just read the best post on unlv's board.

He's the cincy version of dave rice without the recruiting
Old 03-20-2016, 11:27 AM   #28
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
No way Mick would ever leave.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 11:38 AM   #29
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
Waite I love how you just make stuff up out of thin air. So an article with "sources" says he is a candidate and somehow that means UNLV is willing to give him a raise and a payout of $3 million just like that? And I'm still waiting on a link to those schools that offerred Mick a job since you make those statements as if they were a fact.

Mick isn't going anywhere, especially to UNLV. He's using it for leverage....again. But frankly after such a disappointing season he doesn't have much leverage.
Yeah, it's a leverage play. Mick needs another raise like I need another season of watching him coach. Hopefully Bohn takes this latest attempt at posturing personally and fires that little twerp.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 11:42 AM   #30
crimedogg27

crimedogg27 is on a distinguished road
For those longing for a Mick departure. Who are you realistically expecting UC to hire that will be an upgrade over Cronin?
crimedogg27 is offline   Reply With Quote