Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2013, 07:58 PM   #1
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Happy we have Mick

I will keep this article in mind when I get frustrated with our offense, like I inevitably will:http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...r-aaric-murray. Mick is great with managing our program, and Im glad we don't have to deal with stuff like this.

Last edited by JumpinJack5; 07-15-2013 at 08:44 PM.
JumpinJack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:37 PM   #2
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Huggins hasn't recruited well in a very, very long time (Michael Beasely was because of an assistant he snagged from UNCC). He got a couple nice recruits (Kevin Jones and Devin Ebanks) early but really won primarily with the left overs from Beilin. I think it will be time for Huggy to pack it up and head to the athletic department.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:59 PM   #3
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Huggins hasn't recruited well in a very, very long time (Michael Beasely was because of an assistant he snagged from UNCC). He got a couple nice recruits (Kevin Jones and Devin Ebanks) early but really won primarily with the left overs from Beilin. I think it will be time for Huggy to pack it up and head to the athletic department.
If he ever can't find a job, Mick should hire him to be on his staff. Huggs can coach talent, he just struggles to get the talent. I doubt with his résumé that he would be jobless for too long, but if the opportunity ever presented itself, he knows the game. I think he is slightly better at X's and O's than Mick, but Mick is a much better all around coach.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:19 PM   #4
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack5 View Post
If he ever can't find a job, Mick should hire him to be on his staff. Huggs can coach talent, he just struggles to get the talent. I doubt with his résumé that he would be jobless for too long, but if the opportunity ever presented itself, he knows the game. I think he is slightly better at X's and O's than Mick, but Mick is a much better all around coach.
IDK how you can compare Mick to a HOFer at this point in his career but that is besides the point. Huggins will transition into the WVU athletic department per his contract. Why the hell would he come to be an assistant at a school where he was a legend? Your logic is again greatly flawed. Stick to complaining about the summer league.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:58 PM   #5
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

Quote:
IDK how you can compare Mick to a HOFer at this point in his career but that is besides the point. Huggins will transition into the WVU athletic department per his contract. Why the hell would he come to be an assistant at a school where he was a legend? Your logic is again greatly flawed. Stick to complaining about the summer league.
You must be smoking something to think Mick isn't a good coach. He was part of the reason Huggs was good at UC. Recruiting is a key aspect of coaching, and Huggs isn't very good at it. Also, per his contract, he can be fired. If he doesn't get results, there is no reason WVU couldn't fire him. I don't think he would ever coach at UC again, and I would bet he would get a job offer quickly to be a head coach, should WVU ever fire him. If the opportunity ever presented itself, it would be cool to see him come full circle and retire where he made a name for himself. Never said he would, will, etc., just said it would be cool.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:21 PM   #6
subflea

subflea is on a distinguished road
Quote:
No HOF coach has been mentioned in this thread.
subflea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:39 PM   #7
BearcatsBball

BearcatsBball is on a distinguished road
Huggs is third on the wins list of active D1 head coaches with only Coach K and Boeheim ahead of him. He has over 700 wins as a D1 coach. Sounds like a HOF coach to me.
BearcatsBball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:40 PM   #8
subflea

subflea is on a distinguished road
Except for that whole having been inducted into the Hall of Fame thing.
subflea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:49 PM   #9
BearcatsBball

BearcatsBball is on a distinguished road
http://youtu.be/ufKpO9J8Cy4?t=2m58s
BearcatsBball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:29 AM   #10
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote: