Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2013, 08:07 AM   #11
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsBball View Post
Huggs is third on the wins list of active D1 head coaches with only Coach K and Boeheim ahead of him. He has over 700 wins as a D1 coach. Sounds like a HOF coach to me.
I subtract 100 wins per inch from DaSean Butler's face:http://wvutoday.wvu.edu/resources/1/1270360447_md.jpg

Last edited by JumpinJack5; 07-16-2013 at 08:13 AM.
JumpinJack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:21 AM   #12
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack5 View Post
I subtract 100 wins per inch from DaSean Butler's face:http://wvutoday.wvu.edu/resources/1/1270360447_md.jpg
Yeah I hate coaches that care about their players.

I would take Huggs over Mick in a heartbeat. But that isn't a cutdown on Mick.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:35 AM   #13
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
Yeah I hate coaches that care about their players.

I would take Huggs over Mick in a heartbeat. But that isn't a cutdown on Mick.
Lighten up, just a joke. Huggs doesn't have the recruiting ability Mick has, but if you asked me who the better sideline coach was if both teams had equal talent, I would go with Huggs.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:36 AM   #14
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by subflea View Post
No HOF coach has been mentioned in this thread.
Oh fantastic, the condescending dick decided to drop in and parse words. Bob Huggins will be the the Hall of Fame, maybe I should have said "future HOFer." It is still difficult to say Mick is a better coach then Huggins at this point in Cronin's career.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:52 AM   #15
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Oh fantastic, the condescending dick decided to drop in and parse words. Bob Huggins will be the the Hall of Fame, maybe I should have said "future HOFer." It is still difficult to say Mick is a better coach then Huggins at this point in Cronin's career.
Huggins will never be in the national HOF, character counts in the voting, and he has never won a NC. He will never be put in the UC HOF either.
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:37 AM   #16
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
I'll never understand why we can't celebrate both guys and what they've done for UC. Bob Huggins is a damn good coach. That said, I'm glad all the negativity surrounding the program is gone. I think Mick's stubbornness hurts him at times as a coach. I'm glad he's stubborn about character and discipline.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:56 AM   #17
subflea

subflea is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Oh fantastic, the condescending dick decided to drop in and parse words.
Thank you for the compliment. I am condescending because I can be.
subflea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:12 PM   #18
Gotcha23

Gotcha23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack5 View Post
Lighten up, just a joke. Huggs doesn't have the recruiting ability Mick has, but if you asked me who the better sideline coach was if both teams had equal talent, I would go with Huggs.
Huggs doesn't have the recruiting ability Mick has??? Are you delusional??
Gotcha23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:26 PM   #19
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotcha23 View Post
Huggs doesn't have the recruiting ability Mick has??? Are you delusional??
Mick brought in many of the good players Huggs had at UC. Kenny Satterfield, DeMarr Johnson, etc. Look at his results recently with all of his good recruiters gone-13-19 wont cut it at a school like WV. Once he got the players, he was good at transforming them into good players. At WV, he has made poor decisions as to who he recruits. They are like Xavier with all of the turnover recently, Huggs has even had to kick some kids out, which he never did too often. He is a good coach, he knows how to develop players and get the most out of them. He is much more successful at transforming bigs than Cronin has been, just look at Maxiell, Hicks, Martin, etc.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:44 PM   #20
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
I'll never understand why we can't celebrate both guys and what they've done for UC. Bob Huggins is a damn good coach. That said, I'm glad all the negativity surrounding the program is gone. I think Mick's stubbornness hurts him at times as a coach. I'm glad he's stubborn about character and discipline.
I think both of them have helped us in different ways. Huggs helped put us on the map and Cronin has done a lot to restore our basketball brand. He not only has had great records and slowly improved recruiting, but the APR and just quality of the players as people has definitely improved.