Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 11-29-2013, 09:22 AM   #1
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Magic Number

I was reading this article on the Kennesaw State game today and I came across an interesting stat-"Since the start of the 2010-11 season, the Bearcats are 46-2 when scoring at least 70 points." (http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/m-b...112713aab.html) Defense isn't the problem with any UC team under Mick, we must continue to score. It is my big concern once conference play starts, and it is why I think we really need Jamaree Strickland. I just found an article on Strickland from last year that I don't remember being posted on here. It also has a nice write up on Deshaun Morman:http://p29.rivals.sports.sp1.yahoo.n...473913&SID=945
Old 11-29-2013, 09:42 AM   #2
BearcatSpaniard513
Elite Member

BearcatSpaniard513 is on a distinguished road
I agree I think we need Jamaree for this season, but also we will need him to have the year of experience for next year. We will be losing our 2 centers and I think a year of play will help him out tremendously with playing time next to DeBerry. I don't see Mick ever playing those 2 guys at the same time with how much we run and their size.
BearcatSpaniard513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:58 AM   #3
Bearcat22
Elite Member

Bearcat22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatSpaniard513 View Post
I agree I think we need Jamaree for this season, but also we will need him to have the year of experience for next year. We will be losing our 2 centers and I think a year of play will help him out tremendously with playing time next to DeBerry. I don't see Mick ever playing those 2 guys at the same time with how much we run and their size.
Any word on Jamaree yet?
Bearcat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:22 AM   #4
CaptDale
Elite Member

CaptDale is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack5 View Post
I was reading this article on the Kennesaw State game today and I came across an interesting stat-"Since the start of the 2010-11 season, the Bearcats are 46-2 when scoring at least 70 points." (http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/m-b...112713aab.html) Defense isn't the problem with any UC team under Mick, we must continue to score. It is my big concern once conference play starts, and it is why I think we really need Jamaree Strickland. I just found an article on Strickland from last year that I don't remember being posted on here. It also has a nice write up on Deshaun Morman:http://p29.rivals.sports.sp1.yahoo.n...473913&SID=945
That article makes Morman sound like a JaQuon Parker replacement - which is a good thing. We're already guard saturated, so it seems, so a redshirt season won't hurt. He wouldn't get too many minutes this year as a result.
CaptDale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:49 AM   #5
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
After beating Marquette in OT 71-69 on January 19th. Cincinnati didn't score 70 points the rest of the season.

During that stretch of 15 games, Cincinnati did not allow 70 points in a regulation game (gave up 73 in OT to UConn).

Those numbers are MIND BLOWINGLY BAD.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:18 AM   #6
Bearcat22
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
After beating Marquette in OT 71-69 on January 19th. Cincinnati didn't score 70 points the rest of the season.

During that stretch of 15 games, Cincinnati did not allow 70 points in a regulation game (gave up 73 in OT to UConn).

On the positive side if the Cats can manage a slight increase, which seems possible, on the offensive end coupled with defense on par from previous years, that probably gets a handful more wins than the previous year.
Old 11-29-2013, 12:05 PM   #7
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post

Wow, those are some crazy facts but it makes a lot of sense. Honestly, I can see us struggling to get to 70 points this year too once we start playing higher quality teams.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 12:50 PM   #8
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
I really don't think Jamaree would help much this season. Hopefully he can get some good practice in and contribute some next season.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 12:55 PM   #9
Bearcat22
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
I really don't think Jamaree would help much this season. Hopefully he can get some good practice in and contribute some next season.
If anything, some depth in the event JJ gets into foul trouble would be helpful. You'd have to think he could at least match big Dave's numbers.
Old 11-29-2013, 02:48 PM   #10
CaptDale
Elite Member

CaptDale is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat22 View Post
If anything, some depth in the event JJ gets into foul trouble would be helpful. You'd have to think he could at least match big Dave's numbers.
Big Dave is useless. He has a vertical jump of zero, hands are greased and all he knows how to do is run to the high post and set a pick. Sad, but true. There's more to being big than being tall. So anybody with even a little mobility would be a good backup.
CaptDale is offline   Reply With Quote