Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 12-16-2019, 08:07 PM   #21
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDW79 View Post
I'm not sure if anyone cares to read this, and I apologize in advance if it seems a bit off-topic or comes across as self-important. So if the response is basically "cool story, bro" then I get it. But I just wanted to share it nonetheless.

I don't, and haven't, posted here all that often. I used to be very active in the old Bearcatnews heydey. I transitioned over to here and become much more of a lurker.

I've always enjoyed reading the discussion and debate. More than anything else I found the board to be incredibly informative. Getting on here was a pretty regular thing, especially on, or after a gameday.

All that said, any enjoyment had from this site is no longer. And unfortunately that is due to the actions of a few. The threads have been unreadable, dominated by a few posters with a clear agenda. Clear to anyone with half a brain, both prior to the season and well before the recent rough stretch.

I completely understand differing opinions and am not so naive to expect complete agreement and support. Spending a lot of time on various boards I'm used to axes to grind, hurt feelings, and your occassional troll. Tis par for the course. None of that bothers me.

What does bother is this case is the completed dominating of threads and the board as a whole. Right or wrong, in a agreement or not, when a few posters take over a thread, or the forum as a whole, it simply becomes unreadable.

And the worst of it all is a collection on just a few thoughts is managed to be made dozens of times over. Over and over and over... These are not allwell informed NEW takes or counter-arguments theyre just how many ways you can say the same thing if different ways.

I'll wrap it up here shortly, I'm hope this doesn't read as dramatic as I think it may. And like I said, I don't post enough to be missed. This is not that.

I just wanted to say "thanks a lot" (sarcasm) to the select few, and maybe just one, who ruined this board for me. Close to two decades of perusing the Bearcats boards and this was the one left standing for me to get my fix. I guess no longer.

So again, thanks for chasing another away. Thanks for polluting the board so much that I can't even get through a game thread anymore. I hope you really enjoy ruining the experience for guys like me.

For everyone else, always enjoyed your thoughts. Go Bearcats!
Just block the dude if it’s mainly one
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 08:19 PM   #22
MDW79

MDW79 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Just block the dude if it’s mainly one
It derails entire threads and agenda driven bait more often than not gets quoted countless times. One posters clogs up about 30% of the threads, and steers every discussion right back to the same bs.

It may just be me that thinks this, but I doubt it. The forum just isn't what it used to or what BCN was. And pretty much one person has managed to ruin what was left.

Fwiw, I've always enjoyed your contributions. I'm not sure what happened to a lot of the other old posters. Good luck trying to have rational discussion here. This board will need a few of you guys to keep even remotely readable.
Old 12-16-2019, 09:22 PM   #23
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
What weird is that I post relevant stats and analysis of the games. Am I not posting peachy everything Is great content ? No. Because that’s literally not the state of the program:

Any way, I post the stuff. I start the thread, and move the conversation. And then some One else, will jump in with a mick Cronin diss based on my stats or content I post. Or will bring up UCLA. And then all the sudden I am to blame.

I’ve tried to put the bullshit behind me. But clearly people on this board don’t want me to. They want to debate our last coach or the team, who I give no Craps about in LA that he coaches.

People have vendettas against me because I was the vocal minority regarding not believing in the John Brannen hype just yet. I told every one that I hoped I was wrong and to this day I would be so glad if we rattled off 18 of the last 20 games. But I’ve tried to post meaningful content that is based in FACTS not opinions.

I can’t help people don’t like that it’s me posting those facts. I’m inog nvolving my self in personal attacks, that aren’t just jokes. . I don’t constantly attack one persons opinion and I have zero agenda except keeping UC basketball relevant.

And any grown man who is struggling with tolerance of other people’s opinions Has a problem in himself.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 10:14 PM   #24
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDW79 View Post
It derails entire threads and agenda driven bait more often than not gets quoted countless times. One posters clogs up about 30% of the threads, and steers every discussion right back to the same bs.

It may just be me that thinks this, but I doubt it. The forum just isn't what it used to or what BCN was. And pretty much one person has managed to ruin what was left.

Fwiw, I've always enjoyed your contributions. I'm not sure what happened to a lot of the other old posters. Good luck trying to have rational discussion here. This board will need a few of you guys to keep even remotely readable.
We’ve had to cleanse the board before and it seems likely we will have to do it again. When results are bad the boards all get to their worst. A lot of impatience and over reaction. Stick around and feel free to contribute. We aren’t quick to kick people out but it’s been done before
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 08:15 AM   #25
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
One thing I know we can count on in Cincinnati is annoying fans that are fixated on Xavier and old coaches.

tired. Stale. lame. dissapointing
It’s a discussion, relax. People are going to compare previous coaches. That’s not a Cincinnati thing.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 08:23 AM   #26
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
What weird is that I post relevant stats and analysis of the games. Am I not posting peachy everything Is great content ? No. Because that’s literally not the state of the program:

Any way, I post the stuff. I start the thread, and move the conversation. And then some One else, will jump in with a mick Cronin diss based on my stats or content I post. Or will bring up UCLA. And then all the sudden I am to blame.

I’ve tried to put the bullshit behind me. But clearly people on this board don’t want me to. They want to debate our last coach or the team, who I give no Craps about in LA that he coaches.

People have vendettas against me because I was the vocal minority regarding not believing in the John Brannen hype just yet. I told every one that I hoped I was wrong and to this day I would be so glad if we rattled off 18 of the last 20 games. But I’ve tried to post meaningful content that is based in FACTS not opinions.

I can’t help people don’t like that it’s me posting those facts. I’m inog nvolving my self in personal attacks, that aren’t just jokes. . I don’t constantly attack one persons opinion and I have zero agenda except keeping UC basketball relevant.

And any grown man who is struggling with tolerance of other people’s opinions Has a problem in himself.
To be fair, you were questioning his recruiting and coaching ability 1 month after he got the job. Maybe the guy is a bust. We will find out but maybe give him some time. You were questioning him over the summer before he did anything. We are aware he could be a bust.

Last edited by cincyguy13; 12-17-2019 at 08:34 AM.
Old 12-17-2019, 08:26 AM   #27
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Turnovers, stop turning the ball over, that is all
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 08:30 AM   #28
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
Turnovers, stop turning the ball over, that is all
Thelegend approves this message
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 08:33 AM   #29
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
To be fair, you were questioning his recruiting and coaching ability 1 month after he got the job. Maybe the guy is a bust. We will find out but maybe give him some time. You were question him over the summer before he did anything.

Sure.

And that’s because he’s never performed at this level so I was skeptical. Still am.

The staff he hired was mid major. Some of the guys he brought In were mid major.

So I thought it was fair to think it would produce mid major results.

Things went left fir him the moment he publicly went after pettway and missed.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 08:36 AM   #30
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Sure.

And that’s because he’s never performed at this level so I was skeptical. Still am.

The staff he hired was mid major. Some of the guys he brought In were mid major.

So I thought it was fair to think it would produce mid major results.

Things went left fir him the moment he publicly went after pettway and missed.
Every coach ever has came from lower level basketball. That’s where they all start. Never understood that argument. It’s the same game, just more pressure.