Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome?
UC wins by 11+ 11 30.56%
UC wins by 6-10 14 38.89%
UC wins by 1-5 8 22.22%
Temple wins 3 8.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-05-2018, 01:21 AM   #431
Hogsack

Hogsack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
Whatever you say buddy.
Johnny Johnny Johnny! Do you realize you spend more time insulting other members on this board than actually making an attempt at productive dialogue? Almost every post you submit is done with malicious intent targeting someone that sees the state of the program differently than you do? It comes across extremely immature. Have a beer and enroll in an anger management class.

Last edited by Hogsack; 01-05-2018 at 01:26 AM.
Hogsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 06:09 AM   #432
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
well, I guess we found out our depth really isnt depth. Im sorry, but Scott is terrible. Like id rather have Quadri Moore out there terrible. We are in BIG trouble if hes our only option at PF next year. And hate to say it, but Brooks isnt much better. How does a guy 6'11" miss as many bunnies as he does? And why dont our bigs really have post moves? Its usually back them down and go over a shoulder. No fakes, no up and unders. I mean ive been more impressed with Omara(who for the last 3 years I just talked shit about because he sucks) than I have been with any of our backups
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 06:28 AM   #433
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
lets have Evans shoot the technicals in the future

i know what their percentages are on the season, but also know their careers and evans is just the better FT shooter.
I thought the same thing, I don't understand the thinking behind Clark taking it at all.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 06:31 AM   #434
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
Gotta give it up for the players defensive intensity down the stretch. Temple's last made FG came at the 5:16 mark. The second to last came at 7:13. Aside from that bad foul call on Alani Moore's 3 point shot, we damn near held them scoreless for quite some time.
Agreed, the actual defense definitely wasn't the problem. The offensive rebounding the defense allowed is a HUGE problem because this isn't the first game we've been blitzed on offensive boards. That along with our 3pt shooting and ft shooting almost doomed us.

Honestly I don't think we really played that bad in the second half. If we make even just the wide open 3s and shoot 75% from ft we win by 10+.

Most teams dont shoot 21% from 3, 60% from the line (on 20 shots!), and give up 17 offensive boards and still win. We only had 23 defensive boards so almost half of their misses they rebounded...

Last edited by Alum2013; 01-05-2018 at 06:33 AM.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 06:33 AM   #435
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
I fell asleep after the TV cut out....could only listen to audio and couldn;t keep me up!

First, that is a gutsy road win. I'm glad this team never packs it up and keep competing. When we have Cane back, we should have 4-5 guys that can pull us through games like this. Tonight it was Washington and Evans. Other games it will be Cane and Gary. And if he ever gets back to being confident, Cumberland has shown the ability to do the same thing.

Second - our TO will cost us at least 1 and probably several games we should win the rest of the season. Hopefully it won't cost us in the 1st round of the NCAA tournament. Very disappointing.

Third - the lack of energy was crazy. Showed itself mostly in the inability to grab defensive rebounds. Wow, can't have too many games like that and expect to win.

Finally - I sure hope Mick sees how this team goes with Jenifer. We need Cane back and he needs to play the vast majority of the PG minutes.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 06:40 AM   #436
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
I fell asleep after the TV cut out....could only listen to audio and couldn;t keep me up!

First, that is a gutsy road win. I'm glad this team never packs it up and keep competing. When we have Cane back, we should have 4-5 guys that can pull us through games like this. Tonight it was Washington and Evans. Other games it will be Cane and Gary. And if he ever gets back to being confident, Cumberland has shown the ability to do the same thing.

Second - our TO will cost us at least 1 and probably several games we should win the rest of the season. Hopefully it won't cost us in the 1st round of the NCAA tournament. Very disappointing.

Third - the lack of energy was crazy. Showed itself mostly in the inability to grab defensive rebounds. Wow, can't have too many games like that and expect to win.

Finally - I sure hope Mick sees how this team goes with Jenifer. We need Cane back and he needs to play the vast majority of the PG minutes.
Mick is using Cane to back up 2 positions. Jenifer wasn't the issue last night. he wasn't a difference maker but he wasn't the cause of our poor play. We got killed on the offensive glass, turned the ball over, and our bench scoring was no where to be found. Cumberland was awful. If anyone should sit it is him. Cane can play the wing.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 06:55 AM   #437
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Mick is using Cane to back up 2 positions. Jenifer wasn't the issue last night. he wasn't a difference maker but he wasn't the cause of our poor play. We got killed on the offensive glass, turned the ball over, and our bench scoring was no where to be found. Cumberland was awful. If anyone should sit it is him. Cane can play the wing.
The style of play with Jenifer on the floor vs Broome is a huge difference. Cane is a difference maker...can get to the rim and finish. and most importantly, he adds energy to a team lacking it.

Jenifer is a decent sub. He can play some minutes at point to rest Cane and they can sometimes play together a bit.

I already addressed the offensive rebounding and Cumberland.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 06:56 AM   #438
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

While Kyle showed up offensively he really has to be better at not picking up fouls that limit his ability to stay on the floor. He picked up a cheap offensive foul while pushing for position and the touch foul on the goaltending call on Gary was beyond bad. He also took a terrible 3 point shot late very early in the clock with no one under the goal. We need his offense but he has to play smarter. I have no problem with him shooting threes but he has to understand the game situation.
Old 01-05-2018, 07:00 AM   #439
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
While Kyle showed up offensively he really has to be better at not picking up fouls that limit his ability to stay on the floor. He picked up a cheap offensive foul while pushing for position and the touch foul on the goaltending call on Gary was beyond bad. He also took a terrible 3 point shot late very early in the clock with no one under the goal. We need his offense but he has to play smarter. I have no problem with him shooting threes but he has to understand the game situation.

He did understand the game situation. It was none of his teammates showed up for the first 35 minutes so he had to do it all himself. Thank goodness he did too.

If we want to post about every bad shot a player took, we can have a long list.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 07:01 AM   #440
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
The style of play with Jenifer on the floor vs Broome is a huge difference. Cane is a difference maker...can get to the rim and finish. and most importantly, he adds energy to a team lacking it.

Jenifer is a decent sub. He can play some minutes at point to rest Cane and they can sometimes play together a bit.

I already addressed the offensive rebounding and Cumberland.
I think Micks thinking is that JJ really would add very little playing with the subs and he would have no one to score the ball if JJ played with that group. I also can't fault JJ for the pace last night. We got killed on the boards. If you want to run you better hit the defensive boards. I do agree he is a spark and I think that is why Mick likes to use him the way he does. Subbing him at the PG and wing. If Moore or Williams progress this may change but right now both are very inconsistent and with Cumberland not showing up some nights I can see Micks issue.