Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome?
UC wins by 11+ 11 30.56%
UC wins by 6-10 14 38.89%
UC wins by 1-5 8 22.22%
Temple wins 3 8.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2018, 02:52 PM   #37
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
I for one had plenty of disparaging words to say about the loss, but it's more constructive criticism/concern rather than any sort of bashing. This team is very talented and has a chance to have a great season. I chalk up at Xavier to just fate that we are doomed when we play them. I say that jokingly, but not really.... The Florida game was ugly and Thursday was uglier. Sure every team has an off night shooting and maybe even focus-wise. Maybe that's all it was. Temple knows how to make it an ugly game against us. I'd love to see us take a different approach vs. them, but that's a separate issue. My main concern is how bad we can look at times. No this isn't a perfect roster, but you can't make a run in March when you can't bring a consistent effort night in, night out. Truth be told it's one game and it was a win so we'll forget about it once another game is played. Thursday night's effort might just be (and hopefully is) our worst performance of the season. I'm moving forward because this team has plenty of games to play and I still think they have plenty of room to improve and figure out exactly their potential. Let's hope they do.

As far as in game threads go, we used to open up a separate thread for the nonsensical things posters like to post during games. Maybe we need to go back to that and then close the thread after the game is over. It is amazing to me that some posters only show up literally during losses. But they're obviously fans watching the games that need an outlet. My suggestion is just don't pay them or their comments any mind. They'll disappear as soon as the game is over anyways. Just my two cents
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote