Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 05-21-2018, 03:21 PM   #1
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
UC to play in Canada this summer

Not sure if its been posted here or not.

UC is set to play 3 exhibition games in Canada this coming august.

The highlight of the trip is playing Carleton University. They are probably the best Canadian college team in Canada and last year played 18 exhibition games and won 17 of them including games against providence, Vanderbilt, & Alabama.

Also they will face off against Former Xavier enrollee Eddie Ekiyor, who left do to personal reasons before ever suiting up for them. But I believe he did practice with them for a half season.

BUT the biggest news of this trip is that UC gets 10 additional full practices they can use to prep for the up coming trip. 10 extra practices for a team who needs to find its identity could really pay dividends later on in the season coupled with the fact that UC is going to face real competition in Canada.

https://gobearcats.com/news/2018/5/3...in-august.aspx
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 06:22 AM   #2
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Not sure if its been posted here or not.

UC is set to play 3 exhibition games in Canada this coming august.

The highlight of the trip is playing Carleton University. They are probably the best Canadian college team in Canada and last year played 18 exhibition games and won 17 of them including games against providence, Vanderbilt, & Alabama.

Also they will face off against Former Xavier enrollee Eddie Ekiyor, who left do to personal reasons before ever suiting up for them. But I believe he did practice with them for a half season.

BUT the biggest news of this trip is that UC gets 10 additional full practices they can use to prep for the up coming trip. 10 extra practices for a team who needs to find its identity could really pay dividends later on in the season coupled with the fact that UC is going to face real competition in Canada.

https://gobearcats.com/news/2018/5/3...in-august.aspx
Great opportunity to get a head start on the season. With three starters gone from last year the added practice and games will be a big help.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 07:04 AM   #3
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Those extra practices will be terrific for the kids to get use to playing together in a completely new way now that Evans, Clark, and Washington are gone.

It will be a great opportunity for the coaching staff to nail down the lineup/subst pattern. And hopefully give the coaching staff time to tweak the system around the players they have on the roster.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 08:15 AM   #4
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
I looked at Carleton's roster from last season, and they had 6 guys listed at 6'8" and above. I suspect they play at a level comparable to a good mid-major team. It should be a great early test as our players adjust to their new roles, and I won't be shocked (or concerned) if we actually lose that exhibition.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 12:30 PM   #5
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I looked at Carleton's roster from last season, and they had 6 guys listed at 6'8" and above. I suspect they play at a level comparable to a good mid-major team. It should be a great early test as our players adjust to their new roles, and I won't be shocked (or concerned) if we actually lose that exhibition.
I’d venture far enough to say it’s even high major quality . They beat a lot of power teams over the years and last year they had multiple top 100 kenpom wins in its exhibition games
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote