Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2012 Recruiting Profiles

Old 12-15-2010, 11:54 PM   #1
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
'12 OH ATH Marcus Foster (UC Verbal 4/24/11)

Athlete (played RB, DB, and KR)
Troy, OH (Troy HS)

Ht: 6'1"
Wt: 190 lbs
40: 4.6
Bench (max): 250

Offers: Cincinnati

Stats: 901 rush. yds, 336 receiving yds, 300 KR yds run. season, 13 rushing tds, 3 receiving tds, 3 ints.

http://www.scoutingohio.com/index.ph...991&name=Troy5

Could be looked as playing defense for UC.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:57 PM   #2
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
OSU, Mich, and ND are giving this recruit attention.

Has been to UC as well as Kentucky.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:25 PM   #3
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Toledo offered.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:02 PM   #4
swg
Epic Member

Miami (OH) offered
Old 03-03-2011, 09:43 AM   #5
Racinejake

Racinejake will become famous soon enough
Foster is a guy I'd love for us to get in this class. I think most teams see him as a safety because he has great ball skills but also is very physical and good against the run. I believe he'll be a very good one at the next level and because he plays a position that is a big need for us would be just an enormous get IMO.
Racinejake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:53 PM   #6
swg
Epic Member

He is a Bearcat.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:53 PM   #7
swg
Epic Member

SWiltfong247 Steve Wiltfong
Ohio Athlete Commits to #Cincinnati http://t.co/sIuTAGc via @247sportsdotcom
Old 04-24-2011, 08:55 PM   #8
swg
Epic Member

Old 04-24-2011, 08:56 PM   #9
swg
Epic Member

Scout is listing Marcus Foster, the Troy High School Safety, as the newest Bearcat. I like the pick up, it is more defensive help. Foster only has offers from MAC schools at this point. But he is talented enough to garner a couple more BCS offers in the process. He is a big defensive back, a legit 6'1" and probably 180 to 190 pounds by the time he gets to UC. He plays both corner and safety for Troy. In College I think that he is more than likely going to be a Safety. But he has the hips and lateral quickness to be a corner at the college level. Two things really jump out at me when I look at his highlights. 1) He is a willing and exceedingly able tackler in the open field and he is not averse to sticking his helmet into traffic stopping the run. 2) He has great ball skills for a defensive back in High School. To be completely honest I see some shades of Mike Mickens in Foster. Does that mean I am calling for him to be an All American by the time he walks away from the UC program? No. But he plays a very similar style defensively and posses genuine ball skills.

http://www.downthedrive.com/2011/4/2...n-as-many-days
Old 04-24-2011, 08:57 PM   #10
swg
Epic Member

http://www.duanelongreport.com/

Quote:
Right at the top of my list is Troys Marcus Foster. He jumps out at you on tape both on the ball and as a tackler. After seeing his film it is a surprise to see his offer list only includes one school outside of the MAC. His grades are strong even though I have not heard about him taking the test. He plays both ways and is impressive with the ball in his hands but does not show the kind of speed a big time receiver needs. His ferocious hitting had me penciling him in at safety anyway but the lack of speed is what kept me from listing as an athlete who could play corner or receiver. I went back and looked at his film again. That is when I noticed he got run down from behind. Not pulling away is one thing. Getting caught from behind is another. He will get more offers. He is too good a player not to. Who those offers will come from will be determined by what he does on stop watches starting in the very near future.