Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: Who will win the Crosstown Shootout?
UC 33 75.00%
XU 11 25.00%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-03-2017, 11:10 AM   #551
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEER CINCY View Post
No, he can’t shoot the ball for them. But he can run an offense to get better looks or recruit better shooters. Equation is pretty simple.
Our inability to close out on shooters and getting outrebounded are the reasons why we lost yesterday. It's the most points we have allowed in 5 years. The answer isn't just automatically the offense. We got good looks, we just didn't make shots early. It's early December and it was our first true road test. Last year Xavier was every bit as soft as we were yesterday, and that game was in February, but they were still able to make a run. Sometimes you lose in college basketball. It sucks. But we're 7-1 with a whole season ahead. Time to start looking towards bigger things coming. Nothing happened yesterday that derailed our season.

Last edited by jacobkdoyle; 12-03-2017 at 11:13 AM.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 12:04 PM   #552
BCM
Epic Member

BCM is an unknown quantity at this point
Well Mack isn't going to teach that kid respect so I'm glad someone tried. If the message didn't get through, well, maybe he'll be stamping my next license plate out when he's in prison.
BCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 12:09 PM   #553
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCM View Post
Well Mack isn't going to teach that kid respect so I'm glad someone tried. If the message didn't get through, well, maybe he'll be stamping my next license plate out when he's in prison.
teach him respect by fighting him? ok
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 12:11 PM   #554
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Our inability to close out on shooters and getting outrebounded are the reasons why we lost yesterday. It's the most points we have allowed in 5 years. The answer isn't just automatically the offense. We got good looks, we just didn't make shots early. It's early December and it was our first true road test. Last year Xavier was every bit as soft as we were yesterday, and that game was in February, but they were still able to make a run. Sometimes you lose in college basketball. It sucks. But we're 7-1 with a whole season ahead. Time to start looking towards bigger things coming. Nothing happened yesterday that derailed our season.
couldn't agree more Jake. One thing I will be keeping a eye on though is of we use Evans to run the PG ,ore going forward with Broome playing a off guard spot. I think Cane is much more a scorer then a distributor. Evans can do both from the PG spot which to this point he seems more comfortable blending his game then being the alpha dog. Plus I like his size at the position. JJ backs Evans up at the PG. Moore gets more minutes on the wing. This is a team that will play better as the year goes on in my opinion but to do that Evans needs to be the PG.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 12:15 PM   #555
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

As for Mick and Mancura I think Mick had a oh shoot moment. He was baited and responded badly in a very emotional moment. Coach needs to be better then that but I won't crucify him for it. On to Florida the season is still quite young.
Old 12-03-2017, 01:38 PM   #556
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
One thing I will be keeping a eye on though is of we use Evans to run the PG ,ore going forward with Broome playing a off guard spot. I think Cane is much more a scorer then a distributor.
broome has the best assist rate on the team and its higher than troys was last year. cane is a scorer and a distributor because his quickness and ability to force the defense to help.

he's exactly what we need in a pg. spread out like xavier and let him go to work.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 03:23 PM   #557
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
broome has the best assist rate on the team and its higher than troys was last year. cane is a scorer and a distributor because his quickness and ability to force the defense to help.

he's exactly what we need in a pg. spread out like xavier and let him go to work.
jhow is his TO rate?
Old 12-03-2017, 04:32 PM   #558
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
I have zero care that mick went after JP. When you say fighting words, be ready to fight.

And then there are these douchebag X fans on twitter saying a 46 year old man attacked a “kid”. What horse shit.

21 and 22 year olds aren’t kids. They are men and they’d get drafted to fight in a war or go to prison if they committed a crime. There is no difference between a 22 year old man and a 46 year old. You say something when the game is over then be prepared for what that could mean.

Everyone tries to be politically correct and subdue the aggression people have but let’s be real, some times you need to make it physical when some one is elite at being a punk bitch.

As for this game. On to the next one.

But as for me.

I wouldn’t mind a bit if we took these games off campus. Xavier fans are disgusting humans and I just don’t see the value in playing them any more.

Xavier quit playing Dayton and won’t even consider it because of personal things saud about his wife, we could do the same. It’s a series where I feel terrible when we lose and only relieved when we win. This is Xavier’s super bowl wether they admit it or not. Just fuckin stop playing them for a few years. If they can’t act like normal humans
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 04:54 PM   #559
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
How does Jacob get out of this?
Finally reading through the thread. This was funny.
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 06:33 PM   #560
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
jhow is his TO rate?
steadily on the decline but there is way more to being a pg than just your TO rate.

we'll see where it ends up but it hasn't been nearly the issue everybody is acting like it has been. especially when you factor in how many of them came in game 1 vs a horrible team in his first game action in 2 years.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote