Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Community Clubhouse > Cincinnati Pro Sports

Old 03-13-2010, 01:28 PM   #1
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Reds

We were waiting to talk to Aroldis Chapman when Scott Rolen asked me what the radar readings were.

“He topped out at 100,” I said.

“Is that good?” Rolen said.

Love his deadpan.

Chapman did hit 100. He went two innings, allowing two infield hits. He struck out two. Both strikeouts came on change-ups — a 90 mph change that Matt Kemp swung through and an 83 mph change Casey Blake took.

“Eighty-three to a 100, that’s a big difference,” catcher Ramon Hernandez said.

Is Chapman ready for the big leagues?

“I’ve only caught him four innings,” Hernandez said. “But if he’s not ready, he’s close.”

Chapman threw all change-ups and fastballs late in the outing because the slider wasn’t working.

“I wasn’t finishing up with my (slider),” he said. “I was not happy.”

Hernandez said there was a reason for that.

“It was very dry today,” he said. “That made the ball slippery. He couldn’t get a grip on it.”

Chapman also has been dealing with a bit of cold. It didn’t seem to affect him much

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...hapman-report/
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:26 AM   #2
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
FOX Sports Ohio said that the entire 2010 Cincinnati Reds 145-game tv schedule will be in HD.

Great news.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:10 PM   #3
swg
Epic Member

I can't seem to get myself too excited about the Reds. Like UC, I'm pretty much in Show me, don't tell me' mode.

However, I do think Pete is doing ok, considering what he looks like. For his age, I'd say he's batting around .400 with his girlfriend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1120_1269987300.jpg (31.9 KB, 10 views)
Old 04-01-2010, 06:55 AM   #4
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
I hate the reds. I hate baseball. And yet I follow every game
Old 04-01-2010, 06:58 AM   #5
swg
Epic Member

Pathetic.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:02 AM   #6
Kingsley Court
Elite Member

Kingsley Court will become famous soon enough
You see Pete was on the howard stern show the other day?
Kingsley Court is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:13 PM   #7
swg
Epic Member

No. I dont get the channel anymore.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:45 PM   #8
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
I'm excited about baseball starting up. I think the line-up featuring Rolen and Cabrera should be improved over the last few years. Hopefully they can generate some runs. Still wish Phiilips was in the two hole batting before Votto instead of cleanup after Votto. He needs to be an on-base guy and use his speed instead of trying to hit home runs. Using his speed behind a slow guy like Votto is useless if they both get on base. The big question mark is the outfield. Nobody out there has shown any consistency and we need some production for them.

Excited to see if Chapman makes it north. Hopefully he does and he tears it up. I think Harang is washed up, but hoping we can get some good starts out of him. I think Bronson by the end of the year will give us typical Bronson numbers and I hope Cueto can have a monster year.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:57 AM   #9
ImmortalIconForever

ImmortalIconForever is on a distinguished road
Aaron Boone picked the Reds to win the Central this morning. He had the Cardinals winning the wild card. I think they will be better, but not sure if they could win the central without Fat Albert getting hurt for the season. I don't know if they are better than the Brewers either.
ImmortalIconForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:01 PM   #10
swg
Epic Member

Cincinnati.com reporting that Leake named No. 5 starter.