Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 01-19-2014, 04:34 PM   #1
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Central Florida (Thurs Jan 23rd)

Central Florida is currently 9-7 (1-4) and 225 in the RPI/174 in KenPom. They really are a one man show, led by do-it all G/F Isiah Sykes. He leads the team in scoring, rebounding and assists. Other than him, they have three other double figure scorers.

My main concern is how well they rebound. UCF is #1 in the conference in rebounds per game and are #2 in rebounding margin. They should have some success in getting second chance points. Cincinnati should have some success turning them over as UCF is last in the conference in turnover margin. As long as they do that, Cincinnati will win this one very comfortably. I am hoping for a nice crowd Thursday night, these guys deserve it.

Cincinnati 72, Central Florida 56
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:11 PM   #2
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Central Florida is currently 9-7 (1-4) and 225 in the RPI/174 in KenPom. They really are a one man show, led by do-it all G/F Isiah Sykes. He leads the team in scoring, rebounding and assists. Other than him, they have three other double figure scorers.

My main concern is how well they rebound. UCF is #1 in the conference in rebounds per game and are #2 in rebounding margin. They should have some success in getting second chance points. Cincinnati should have some success turning them over as UCF is last in the conference in turnover margin. As long as they do that, Cincinnati will win this one very comfortably. I am hoping for a nice crowd Thursday night, these guys deserve it.

Cincinnati 72, Central Florida 56
Yeah I think our pressure D will be wayyyy too much for them. I bet they don't score 50.

UC 66
UCF 49
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 01:41 PM   #3
Bearcat22
Elite Member

Bearcat22 is on a distinguished road
I hope the time off from last Saturday @ USF has given the Cats time to rest and JL time to heal. UCF seems like a decent rebounding team. They come in having lost 3 in a row (UConn, Rutgers, SMU). Their next 3 games are the Cats, Memphis, and L'Ville.

I'd like to see the Cats jump out in front and hold a lead. I'm going with 65-52 Cats in front of 10,000 fans.
Bearcat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:45 PM   #4
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Bearcat Rob is on a distinguished road
We can't overlook them, and I know we won't, let's make this 11 straight and put on a show for the home crowd. I want a great game from the bearcats before they hit the road for a little.
On a side note I found player efficiency rankings and jj was 9th in the nation
Bearcat Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:15 PM   #5
handwaver

handwaver is on a distinguished road
Cats need to hit some shots, it's that simple. UCF is one of the better rebounding teams in the country - if we don't hit a few, it could be an ugly game.....'course that's normal for the Cats & they win those kinds of games

I sure would like to see a decent offensive game which would = blowout.

I'm going to predict a usual Bearcat game...we can't score & they can't score worse.....UC 62 - 57
handwaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:16 PM   #6
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Pretty crazy they have 4 guys averaging double figure points. Seems like they may be pretty balenced on offense. I haven't seen UCF play once this year. I hope we play a complete game and KJ and TC get some solid minutes.

UCF-54
UC-68
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 05:39 PM   #7
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
The magic number is 70. No one has scored above it in ages against the Cats. I think they get there tomorrow.

UC 70
UCF 57
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 05:43 PM   #8
All we do is Guyn

All we do is Guyn is on a distinguished road
Student section is sold out for what I believe is the first time this season. Hopefully the rest of the fans show up
All we do is Guyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 05:46 PM   #9
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
I think we come out firing on all cylinders, 70-48 UC. We've gotten a few days to rest up and UCF isn't very good at all. There is no place like home.....
Old 01-22-2014, 09:26 PM   #10
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
The magic number is 70. No one has scored above it in ages against the Cats. I think they get there tomorrow.

UC 70
UCF 57
That's a good number to shoot for...70. But I would like to add these numbers to the list 61 and 62. In our 17 wins we have scored at least 61 points except for one game (PITT)...and only once has our opponent scored more than 62 (Kenn St). I don't see UCF getting to 62 and I see us scoring more than 61.

67-49
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote