Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-22-2019, 01:44 PM   #121
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealUC View Post
I've just never seen a program that seems so incapable about putting teams away early and keeping them there. It's absolutely unreal to me how we play with a lead. And this goes back for years.
I think the sweet 16 year we played Texas in the opening round. We went up by like 25 and they came all the way back to within a basket. You’re absolutely right... win or lose its seems we never have that knockout punch when it matters
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 01:44 PM   #122
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcginnjw View Post
No, but Logan’s form is really bad. His free throws look like Tacko Fall.
I was just joking, I get what youre saying. ESP for a guard
Old 03-22-2019, 01:46 PM   #123
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Like a lot of freshmen, Logan has been a turnover machine. He has a 27% turnover rate. He'll get better, but he isn't yet a player that would have won us a game like this.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 01:47 PM   #124
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcginnjw View Post
Really hard to watch that moment for JJ and Cane...Not the most talented group but they played hard this year. Hard to blame a group that probably maxed out their talent potential.
Keeping this mind has made the loss easier to digest for me. Jenifer, Scott, and Brooks all developed into solid contributors as the season went on but as players who were counted on to be 2nd and 3rd scoring options for the first time, our ceiling was always going to be fairly low due to their talent limitations.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 01:47 PM   #125
A_O

A_O is on a distinguished road
I've got no stats on this but it seemed like we had dribble penetration working well in the first half and then went away from it in the second. I know they switched Defenses but we went away from our bread and butter pretty quickly and just kept chucking 3s. Disappointing end but a good season...28-7 on a down year is pretty decent.

Anyone have our points in the paint for the second half?
A_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 01:49 PM   #126
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
Like a lot of freshmen, Logan has been a turnover machine. He has a 27% turnover rate. He'll get better, but he isn't yet a player that would have won us a game like this.
I’m not saying it would have made a difference in this game. But going into next year. I believe there were opportunities he could have played more throughout the year to gain more experience.
Old 03-22-2019, 01:51 PM   #127
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Mick Cronin is trending on Twitter...and it's not positive.
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 01:52 PM   #128
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_O View Post
I've got no stats on this but it seemed like we had dribble penetration working well in the first half and then went away from it in the second. I know they switched Defenses but we went away from our bread and butter pretty quickly and just kept chucking 3s. Disappointing end but a good season...28-7 on a down year is pretty decent.

Anyone have our points in the paint for the second half?
A lot of our points in the paint in the first half were from offensive rebounds. Not many from drives in a halfcourt set. "Points in the paint" is pretty subjective. They counted two of Scott's midrange jumpers as points in the paint (I know that because when we had 18, they showed a graphic with 12 points in the paint and 4 free throws. Jenifer made a jumper with his toe on the line, so all other points were considered "in the paint".
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 02:01 PM   #129
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealUC View Post
Mick Cronin is trending on Twitter...and it's not positive.
Why would it be. Cries about lack of respect but never earns any in the tourney.
Old 03-22-2019, 02:08 PM   #130
Uclawrugby

Uclawrugby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
This team can't shoot... and neither can logan.
I am fed up with people dissing a players offensive skills who has sat on the bench all year. Have you seen his high school films? Did you know he is right handed and shoots left? You don’t have a clue what your talking about.
Uclawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote