Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2019, 04:42 PM   #331
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Joe I think you are missing the point about experience. Coaching st any level gives experience. Coaching in college give you a leg up on college coaching. Being a head coach and running a program gives you a leg up. NVE has had a successful college playing and nba playing career. He has be able to maintain an assistants job for a while now. All that is great...puts his ahead of Brannen for a NBA job...but the Bearcats we’re hiring for a college position. NVE hasn’t had to recruit or create this relationships.

Head coaching experience - Brannen
College coaching experience - Brannen
NBA playing experience - NVE
NBA assistant coaching experience - NVE
Recruiting experience - Brannen
College playing experience - even

NVE is hardly a slam dunk more than Brannen. In fact he is obviously more of a long shot.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 04:42 PM   #332
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Let's not let this massive f*ucking tool sabotage this board. I'm fine with the hire as it made the most "sense" I guess. Now let's get back to working towards next year and getting all our guys back on board.
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 04:45 PM   #333
Bearcatzig34

Bearcatzig34 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRunner89 View Post
They've played two yrs my guy. And the 13 points after a while was due to disinterest but anyway. Congratulations 🎉 to coach brannnen and you fans. Let's watch him work sheesh
Your word is shit to me “my guy” because you’re clearly a ******* idiot. Show me where they played. Hell I did the leg work for you. You’re a god damned moron. https://gobearcats.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=316
Bearcatzig34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 04:47 PM   #334
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealUC View Post
Let's not let this massive f*ucking tool sabotage this board. I'm fine with the hire as it made the most "sense" I guess. Now let's get back to working towards next year and getting all our guys back on board.
He was not my #1, #2, #3 choice...but he was in the mix for #4. He has been given the keys to a program with a top 15 team, new arena, and no need for recruiting this year (if he can keep team together). He has an opportunity in year 1. He is going to work his ass off this year. If he is able to make the sweet 16...man he will have everyone behind him. Make it happen.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 04:52 PM   #335
TheRealUC
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
He was not my #1, #2, #3 choice...but he was in the mix for #4. He has been given the keys to a program with a top 15 team, new arena, and no need for recruiting this year (if he can keep team together). He has an opportunity in year 1. He is going to work his ass off this year. If he is able to make the sweet 16...man he will have everyone behind him. Make it happen.
I had him #3 in the end. Not ecstatic, not upset. Just wanna get back to work. Been a whirlwind couple weeks
Old 04-14-2019, 04:54 PM   #336
JoeRunner89

JoeRunner89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
Joe I think you are missing the point about experience. Coaching st any level gives experience. Coaching in college give you a leg up on college coaching. Being a head coach and running a program gives you a leg up. NVE has had a successful college playing and nba playing career. He has be able to maintain an assistants job for a while now. All that is great...puts his ahead of Brannen for a NBA job...but the Bearcats we’re hiring for a college position. NVE hasn’t had to recruit or create this relationships.

Head coaching experience - Brannen
College coaching experience - Brannen
NBA playing experience - NVE
NBA assistant coaching experience - NVE
Recruiting experience - Brannen
College playing experience - even

NVE is hardly a slam dunk more than Brannen. In fact he is obviously more of a long shot.
I understand where your coming from bro. Listen don't get me wrong I love UC basketball I love our players and former players I love our tradition over the past 30 yrs. Huggs is a hall of famer, Cronin with a few more big wins is positioning himself. NVE has been in our family and circle of trust he was a key player in helping this all get started. It just seriously rubs me the wrong way when someone like that isn't embraced and things like his experience and sacrifice are taken for granted. Recuriting ties aren't a big deal to me when you have credentials to back yourself up and NVE certainly has that along with his vibe of just being a hard-working dude just as much as brannnen. I've followed his career and routed for him throughout he was one of the first guys I played with on NBA live 95. Recuriting just was never a big deal too me can considering his credentials of doing things brannnen has never done but ultimately it is what it is. It's gonna be hard for me to support knowing this is practically the end of the Huggins regieme and it didn't have to be. NVE put hiself in position like brannnen all he needed was a shot
JoeRunner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 05:08 PM   #337
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
So why did we blow him out two years in a row if he's so great? Where were the in game adjustments then? This shit is classic
You honestly might be the most delusional person I have ever seen on this board. Keep your hot takes comin tho, it’s a good laugh.
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 05:09 PM   #338
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
After the fact but if u believe he can out recruit NVE and don't know or understand what's going on
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 05:18 PM   #339
Uclawrugby

Uclawrugby is on a distinguished road
Let’s remember when Huggins came in people were not licking his boots and he did not become great by having a cadre of sycophants applauding his every move. He became great by immediately winning and elevating us to our historical top 10 status. What did impress me was that Huggins talked about nothing but a national Championship in his introductory presser and looked like he meant it. We will know very soon if Brannen has the stuff or not.
Uclawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 05:21 PM   #340
TheRealUC
Elite Member

Quote:
Recuriting just was never a big deal too me
Cool story. Pretty much ends any hope of having a rational conversation, but thanks for stopping by.