Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-20-2019, 03:52 PM   #101
Helicopter

Helicopter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
Temple played pretty good in that game, Belmont is a very good team. But I’m sure it feels better just to talk trash about our conference
Temple played DUMB in that game. Seriously, for every good move to the basket there was 2 awful long twos or contested jumpers. And defense (especially on the big white kid and backdoor cuts) was atrocious.
Helicopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 08:32 PM   #102
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
cincrulz didn't say Temple is unworthy because they lost to Belmont. He said they were bad for an at-large team because their Kenpom ranking is in the 70s.
So he would have said that If they won? Come on man, I honestly feel like you’re hijacking this site with your obsession over metrics.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 08:33 PM   #103
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Union Bearcat View Post
I'm with you. 52 teams don't make it past the first weekend.
52 unworthy teams lol
Old 03-20-2019, 10:59 PM   #104
MylesFoxMorrisey

MylesFoxMorrisey is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealUC View Post
Anyone else check out these "Best players in the tournament" articles going around? Most are top 25, with Cland not being on the ones i saw, but he was #32 on a top 50 list. Yes, this means squat, but it's interesting. Corey Davis was listed #42....
Gasaway/ ESPN had him as #14 in one I saw.

Last edited by MylesFoxMorrisey; 03-20-2019 at 11:08 PM.
MylesFoxMorrisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 12:22 AM   #105
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

The more I look at our region, the more I like it. Obviously nervous about the Tennessee game and a lot of people have them going to the FF. But I feel like that’s the toughest test on our side, I’ve got a feeling Virginia doesn’t make it to the elite 8, and if that’s the case I don’t see anyone we can’t beat. Tennessee is going to be the biggest test, but I think they’re beatable. If Cumberland plays like he did against Houston, I like our chances. If Williams can get some of his Mojo back, I really like them. He’s been on of our biggest creators this season and he’s really struggled as of late as we all know. I’m hoping and expecting that to change starting this week. We are athletic enough to hang with anybody, and there is just something extra about this team, like they’ve got something to prove. I’m liking this group more and more as the year goes on. No matter what happens, I’m happy with this year, but I’m feeling pretty damn optimistic right now
Old 03-21-2019, 07:22 AM   #106
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
cincrulz didn't say Temple is unworthy because they lost to Belmont. He said they were bad for an at-large team because their Kenpom ranking is in the 70s.

its a pretty sad day when you can say a team outside the top 75 isn't a great team and get backlash.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 07:28 AM   #107
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
So he would have said that If they won? Come on man, I honestly feel like you’re hijacking this site with your obsession over metrics.

one of the most laughable posts ive ever read here. how about you stop hijacking the site with stupidity.

sedziobs is the best poster here and the site would be better if there were more like him.

also win or lose, St. Johns is another team that might be resume worthy of the tournament but isn't a tournament caliber team.

i mean do you realize St. Johns is lower on kenpom than 3 13 seeds and a 14 seed.
Old 03-21-2019, 07:38 AM   #108
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Are you really one to talk? You hijack any thread where people aren't sucking on UCs or Cronins you know whats and call them out as being shit fans while you puff your e-chest.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 08:01 AM   #109
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
For the record, I posted about why a bad St John's team deserved to be in the tournament despite a Kenpom and NET ranking in the 70s, before they lost last night. I compared them to a good team in Clemson that didn't deserve to be in. I also posted a list of 12-14 seeds I'm excited about even though they all have bad Kenpom rankings, showing that metrics aren't all I care about. As I've said before, you don't have to understand metrics to be a basketball fan. But you should understand them if you're going to argue about them.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 08:19 AM   #110
cincrulz11
Epic Member

I totally knew St. Johns played last night (ok obviously not)