Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-09-2019, 12:30 PM   #471
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat93 View Post
Losing the TYPE of players Mick recruits that manage to keep us a National Embarrassment EVERY single March for a decade plus????

Zzzzzzzzz

Fresh start...we have seen the Mick Movie w/ the Mick actors time and time again. The ending is ALWAYS the same.

Relax Sheep - we will win 25 games next year in that awful conference and embarrass ourselves again. Nothing has changed...

...YET. A truly great day for the Bearcats.
Back under bridge wit you....run along
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 12:32 PM   #472
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
I want brannen for sure

for the people that want Brannen they should really check out Casey Alexander. He would be the better candidate of the 2. Alexander pulled in multiple top 100 wins this year at Lipscomb, I dont think Brannen has any in the past 2 years at nku.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 12:34 PM   #473
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Casey Alexander had a top 50 offense and defense this year (50/49) and wins over SMU, TCU, North Carolina State, and Wichita State. He studied under Byrd at Belmont for 16 years.

I'm surprised his name isn't out there.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 12:36 PM   #474
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Also love that we don’t even know who the new coach will be but every player is leaving
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 12:41 PM   #475
Bearcat93

Bearcat93 is on a distinguished road
Xavier - our little sister - turns over a new coach every 3-5. Doesn't seem to bother them at all.

1/3 the enrollment. 2 to 3 times the tuition. Catholic hurdle. Stricter academic standards...

...even before the conference move they have done it better, longer and more consistently than us. That is an abomination. One that it seems few fans are concerned about.

So what if we miss a Tourney? "If you ain't first your last". You think X is going to slink off and die next year? Hardly. Watch them make a deep run.

Like LeBron going to Eastern Conference Finals 100 years in a row...it means NOTHING...

...what fans who WANT MORE care about is what happens ONCE we get there.
Bearcat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 12:42 PM   #476
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
Some good news: Mike Dyer spoke with Samari Curtis' high school coach. He spoke with Curtis who said he is still signed and committed to UC and doesn't plan to ask for a release.
the_one_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 12:44 PM   #477
tonka

tonka is on a distinguished road
Mick did a lot of good things for UC basketball and won a ton of games. He will be really hard to replace. I won’t miss his personality though.

That being said, I am excited for this. For most of my life it has been Huggins or Mick (with one year of AK). I care more about UC basketball than any other sports team. I really hope that the Bearcats make a great hire and the new guy can take us to the next level.

Depending on who they hire, my initial guess is Nsoseme and Trevor Moore will be gone. They seem like Mick guys and not necessarily fits for most programs. Logan could be one that goes back to Cali to play for Mick. I think everyone else will probably still be here including Cumberland and Samari and we have a top 15 roster coming back. With 2 or 3 open scholarships and possibly a new approach to the grad transfer market, this could be an exciting 2020 season for the Bearcats.
tonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 12:46 PM   #478
Madman81
Elite Member

Madman81 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_one_32 View Post
Some good news: Mike Dyer spoke with Samari Curtis' high school coach. He spoke with Curtis who said he is still signed and committed to UC and doesn't plan to ask for a release.
and devan downey is coming back too
Madman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 12:46 PM   #479
cliftonballer

cliftonballer is on a distinguished road
I'm a fan of the CINCINNATI BEARCATS basketball program first and foremost. Not any coach. College basketball coaches are some of the biggest ego maniac whores to ever walk the earth. Outside of a few they have no loyalty or integerity. You cant trust anything they say. That's why you make your coach earn his big paycheck every game and if he doesn't you get rid of his ass. Because he'll get rid of you in a heartbeat too. This is a great program and loyal fanbase in an up and coming conference. A beautiful new facility and a cool urban campus in a major city. That's why Huggins could recruit here well because he understood that and sold that to the players. I know it firsthand. Ask Kenyon why he came here.. Mick didn't do that and turned a lot of recruits off. This is a tremendous oppurtunity for an up and coming coach with some energy and passion with a fresh outlook on the game. It's hilarious to listen to people talk about who are we going to hire lol. So I guess when all the good college basketball coaches retire in the next 20 years NCAA will cease to exist! Every great coach started as a nobody some where with no provenance associated with his name. It's earned on the court. It's a great oppurtunity for a coach to come here and make a name for himself.
cliftonballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 12:46 PM   #480
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_one_32 View Post
That would be amazing. Honestly, if Samari still comes, this is the best possible year for Mick to leave UC. And since he has been flirting with every job out there it seems (I mean c'mon, he almost left for UNLV...they thought he accepted the job), he was not going to be at UC for long (dream job...hahahaha....only dream job is $$$).

Mick did some good work here. He also exposed his flaws. I thank him for the hard work he put in early and I expect the next coach to build upon the plateau that Mick had built and found himself on.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote