Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-14-2019, 04:12 PM   #321
JoeRunner89

JoeRunner89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ervins84 View Post
Educate yourself or be quiet.

If you were capable of reading that book, you wouldn't be posting the junk in this thread that you are.
Capable of reading? Ha I've read your dumbass posts haven't I. 🙄 But anyway...
JoeRunner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 04:19 PM   #322
JoeRunner89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcats92 View Post
JoeRunner89 is a twat looking for attention let’s just ignore him.
A twat looking for attention Hugh? 🙄 Ok if that's how u feel man. Look excuse me for wanting to see use make a unique hire. This is a boring hire. National media and recruits do not know who this guy is. This is a buddy buddy hire through relationships being grown due to proximity. Clearly; lazy hire simple and plain
Old 04-14-2019, 04:27 PM   #323
Uclawrugby

Uclawrugby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRunner89 View Post
A twat looking for attention Hugh? 🙄 Ok if that's how u feel man. Look excuse me for wanting to see use make a unique hire. This is a boring hire. National media and recruits do not know who this guy is. This is a buddy buddy hire through relationships being grown due to proximity. Clearly; lazy hire simple and plain
The ideal hire would command immediate respect for the ground up. This guy clearly does not - the players will have to observe and figure that out for themselves. As far as arms length transaction this one does raise suspicions given the sweetheart deal between UC and NKU for the temporary coliseum rental. Furthermore as you point out this hire nonplusses the fan base. In summery anyone who unreservedly extols this hire does not have their eyes wide open. The good news is that we have a very interesting football season coming up.
Uclawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 04:27 PM   #324
sirthought

sirthought is on a distinguished road
Brannen has been coaching for 20 seasons in total. The results from those 20 years has been mostly positive and people have been happy enough with his work that he's been elevating in rank.

Think what you want about the strength of other candidates, but hiring Brannen is in no way a lazy choice based solely on relationships. He's paid his dues and earned this.

Time to quit bitching about the search. It's over. Now let's hope he can hire some home-run recruiters for assistants. We've got a small window coming up to impress 2020 prospects.
sirthought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 04:27 PM   #325
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Dude, shut...the f*ck...up. Take your "racism" bullshit, sit on it, and spin. You're calling for the hire of someone who has proved exactly jack shit in his coaching career. You throw Penny around as if that comparison is even in the ball park. You've made it well known you know NOTHING about this other than stirring the pot. Good ******* riddance.
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 04:31 PM   #326
Bearcatzig34

Bearcatzig34 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
So why did we blow him out two years in a row if he's so great? Where were the in game adjustments then? This shit is classic
For my reference can you please define your understanding of a blowout? Because to me a 13 point win isn’t necessarily that. As for your claim about “blowing them out” 2 years in a row, I’d like to know how that’s possible considering the 2 teams never played in the 2017-2018 season. I’d even be willing to let that comment slide had they played in the season prior to 2017-2018 but they didn’t play then either. So all I ask is that if you plan to make asinine comments, please do a little bit of research prior. You make yourself seem foolish.
Bearcatzig34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 04:34 PM   #327
JoeRunner89

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealUC View Post
Dude, shut...the f*ck...up. Take your "racism" bullshit, sit on it, and spin. You're calling for the hire of someone who has proved exactly jack shit in his coaching career. You throw Penny around as if that comparison is even in the ball park. You've made it well known you know NOTHING about this other than stirring the pot. Good ******* riddance.
Lol oh now I'm a racist for stating obvious facts.. Van Exel paid his dues dumbass at a higher level of basketball. At this university where is the f'n loyalty there is none apparently. Way to speak to our almuni who is this guy gonna call to come talk to his or our players some of his NBA guys?? What a joke
Old 04-14-2019, 04:36 PM   #328
JoeRunner89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatzig34 View Post
For my reference can you please define your understanding of a blowout? Because to me a 13 point win isn’t necessarily that. As for your claim about “blowing them out” 2 years in a row, I’d like to know how that’s possible considering the 2 teams never played in the 2017-2018 season. I’d even be willing to let that comment slide had they played in the season prior to 2017-2018 but they didn’t play then either. So all I ask is that if you plan to make asinine comments, please do a little bit of research prior. You make yourself seem foolish.
They've played two yrs my guy. And the 13 points after a while was due to disinterest but anyway. Congratulations 🎉 to coach brannnen and you fans. Let's watch him work sheesh
Old 04-14-2019, 04:37 PM   #329
JoeRunner89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uclawrugby View Post
The ideal hire would command immediate respect for the ground up. This guy clearly does not - the players will have to observe and figure that out for themselves. As far as arms length transaction this one does raise suspicions given the sweetheart deal between UC and NKU for the temporary coliseum rental. Furthermore as you point out this hire nonplusses the fan base. In summery anyone who unreservedly extols this hire does not have their eyes wide open. The good news is that we have a very interesting football season coming up.
Yes we do Luke fickell was a home run higher
Old 04-14-2019, 04:42 PM   #330
Bearcatzig34

Bearcatzig34 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Lol oh now I'm a racist for stating obvious facts.. Van Exel paid his dues dumbass at a higher level of basketball. At this university where is the f'n loyalty there is none apparently. Way to speak to our almuni who is this guy gonna call to come talk to his or our players some of his NBA guys?? What a joke
Just because the NBA is a higher level doesn’t mean it translates to the college game. He was an assistant coach in the NBA with no experience as a head coach at the college level. It’s no knock on NVE as a person, or the player he was, he just wasn’t the best fit for the job at this current point in his career.
Bearcatzig34 is offline   Reply With Quote