Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 01-03-2021, 04:55 PM   #131
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
Exactly, I think it was only 2 regular conference titles. The blinders are insane. Stack wins against cupcakes, mediocre league record, make the tourney as a low seed and have an early exit....
So what, we should be happy with Brannen losing over half his games and not making the NCAA tournament? I don't think anyone says Cronin was perfect, but he sure was a lot better than Brannen has been.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 07:30 PM   #132
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
By the end of his time here he was averaging one per year.
I think comparing these coaches and situations are useless but let’s not pretend even the players who did go NBA have been lighting it up.

It was always borderline except one season. On the bubble. Players who either didn’t get drafted or were late.

Eason could end up better than all of them in NBA who knows.

Chill out and watch. There will be plenty of time to bitch
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 09:03 PM   #133
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Lol I like the way you justify your false statements all the time.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 09:04 PM   #134
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
So what, we should be happy with Brannen losing over half his games and not making the NCAA tournament? I don't think anyone says Cronin was perfect, but he sure was a lot better than Brannen has been.
Well in one and a half years he has half as many conference championships as Cronin had in 12.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 01:06 AM   #135
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
Well in one and a half years he has half as many conference championships as Cronin had in 12.
Clearly you won this argument.

Brannen is better then Mick Cronin. You heard it here first.

Just an FYI though that UCLA is 3-0 in the pac 12, UC Is 0-3 in the American and we haven’t even played Houston or Memphis.

I get saying.... let’s let this play out. Because literally that’s all we can do. They signed him for 6 frickin years, it should have been 4 but they signed him to 6 so no matter what we’re stuck with him for at least 2 more seasons before we can even afford a buy out,

But saying that you see something in the product on the court that gives you hope, to Me that’s just denial. The same problems that plagued us last season are still here only worse bc we don’t have jarron, Jaevin & Tre to save our ass.

Right the only hope we have is that coach does something completely different because I don’t see a fluid offense, or cohesive defense. I see at absolutel mess of a team, inside the locker room and on the court.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 06:45 AM   #136
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
No don’t be happy, of course. The team is trash. Just don’t act like everything Cronin did was great and everything brannen does is terrible. Cronin didn’t make every player a star. He had a lot of misses, a lot. Every coach does. Just because dou and Keith aren’t great players, isn’t brannen fault. Isn’t Cronin either. Especially Keith. Brannen is giving him every chance to succeed
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 06:47 AM   #137
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Well, if you just count the years he did, I guess he did it every year. Math check out on that one,
Old 01-04-2021, 06:52 AM   #138
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Clearly you won this argument.

Brannen is better then Mick Cronin. You heard it here first.

Just an FYI though that UCLA is 3-0 in the pac 12, UC Is 0-3 in the American and we haven’t even played Houston or Memphis.

I get saying.... let’s let this play out. Because literally that’s all we can do. They signed him for 6 frickin years, it should have been 4 but they signed him to 6 so no matter what we’re stuck with him for at least 2 more seasons before we can even afford a buy out,

But saying that you see something in the product on the court that gives you hope, to Me that’s just denial. The same problems that plagued us last season are still here only worse bc we don’t have jarron, Jaevin & Tre to save our ass.

Right the only hope we have is that coach does something completely different because I don’t see a fluid offense, or cohesive defense. I see at absolutel mess of a team, inside the locker room and on the court.
No one is saying it’s good or gives you hope. The only difference is, some people think he deserves a decent chance to succeed. People have said cronin got 1player a year. If brannen continues that pattern, it will obviously take time. The none brannen camp thinks the roster was stacked when he arrived. The other camp doesn’t think it was great. Jarron, awesome but hurt. Tre excelled under brannen and was great. Other than that, there wasn’t much. The players that left weren’t great. Obviously some are better than what we have but it’s not like a bunch of SKs or Kenyon’s left. Most of them went to mid major programs. Something that you guys love to bring up when trying to dismiss brannen. You can’t use the mid major thing to discredit the coach, then act like the roster was loaded when all of those players except brooks ended up at a mid majors.

Last edited by cincyguy13; 01-04-2021 at 07:25 AM.
Old 01-04-2021, 09:22 AM   #139
justinhub2003
Epic Member

NET rankings released.

Uc coming in at 142

That’s worse then:
Houston
SMU
WSU
Tulsa
UCF
Memphis
ECU
USF

We are 10 spots better then temple and like 50 better then Tulane.

Who’d have ever thunk that beating UC on its home wouldn’t even be a Tier 2 win.
Old 01-04-2021, 09:25 AM   #140
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
No one is saying it’s good or gives you hope. The only difference is, some people think he deserves a decent chance to succeed. People have said cronin got 1player a year. If brannen continues that pattern, it will obviously take time. The none brannen camp thinks the roster was stacked when he arrived. The other camp doesn’t think it was great. Jarron, awesome but hurt. Tre excelled under brannen and was great. Other than that, there wasn’t much. The players that left weren’t great. Obviously some are better than what we have but it’s not like a bunch of SKs or Kenyon’s left. Most of them went to mid major programs. Something that you guys love to bring up when trying to dismiss brannen. You can’t use the mid major thing to discredit the coach, then act like the roster was loaded when all of those players except brooks ended up at a mid majors.

In my opinion, there is a difference in mid major players.

Guys like eliel nsesome translate to any level because they rebound, defend & play hard.

Guys like Chris Vogt and Rap, don’t translate because they lack those effort and toughness skills while also lacking athletic ability.