Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2017, 04:24 PM   #291
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_one_32 View Post
Your taking a one game sample lol. They shot out of their minds.
If stats are how you decide games then why play them. I'm sorry 32% is not great... they made everything underneath hard and contested by double and triple teamed. Obviously they didn't think we could shoot if they committed to that and left the three open. Think a little deeper.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 04:27 PM   #292
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
If stats are how you decide games then why play them. I'm sorry 32% is not great... they made everything underneath hard and contested by double and triple teamed. Obviously they didn't think we could shoot if they committed to that and left the three open. Think a little deeper.
We have hit open shots all year, they put defenders in the paint because they didn't want Gary Clark and Kyle Washington scoring easy baskets and getting offensive rebounds. Us missing open shots was a bonus, what your not understanding is if we hit those same open shots we would be laughing at SMUs defense.
the_one_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 04:28 PM   #293
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
We gave up a lot of easy shots. That didn't help.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 04:30 PM   #294
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
SMUs master plan was apparently to let a 35% 3 point shooting team have free reign on the perimeter. If we want to get down to it, KJ is a liability on offense and doesn't even really need to be guarded.
the_one_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 04:32 PM   #295
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_one_32 View Post
SMUs master plan was apparently to let a 35% 3 point shooting team have free reign on the perimeter. If we want to get down to it, KJ is a liability on offense and doesn't even really need to be guarded.
We were just coming off of a slugfest. Might not be a bad strategy on 3 games in 3 days.
Old 03-12-2017, 04:33 PM   #296
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Tough loss. SMU is good. Not the day to come out flat. Got beat by a better team. Sucks to lose but I can swallow that. Team needs to refocus for thurs/fri. Hoping we avoid Syracuse in first round. Don't like facing that zone.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 06:07 PM   #297
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

https://youtu.be/4YfX74AAwsA
Old 03-12-2017, 06:09 PM   #298
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Bearcat Rob is on a distinguished road
So according to the committee this was a game was between the 21st and 22nd rabnked teams in the country and six seeds. Have a hard time believing smu ranked 21st after that win but the committee is genius so I won't question them. Ooh and we are 12th in the rpi and smu is 13th but again I won't question them. We both are on the same seed line as Maryland who is ass (of coarse Xavier gets them) and seeded behind Minnesota. Kinda laughable if you say it out loud

But hey it is what is move on and regroup. Time to earn respect and stop complaining about it no better way to do that than manning up Lonzo and tj leaf. I personally think ucla is weak on defense and i know they do not like physical play but I'm not looking past first round game. Run them out of gym they will be coming off an emotional tough game in Dayton. Team goes as Troy Evans and Gary take us. Gary can't be effective without Troy and Evans showing up and delivering. Both disappeared big time today. This team can make big noise or go home right away depending on who shows up. Troy it's your last go around hopefully he goes out with a bang
Bearcat Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 06:14 PM   #299
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Bearcat Rob is on a distinguished road
kj has been pathetic these past two games. Has looked like he has zero business on the court. Like him as a guy sad to see him going out this way. Hopefully he can start being productive again but Cumberland has been the better option this tournament and it is far from close
Bearcat Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 06:54 PM   #300
collards

collards is on a distinguished road
well

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimedogg27 View Post
What did Jenifer do to deserve zero minutes today?
TV needed the time to talk about TC's mom. I guess there wasn't much to talk about concerning the game. TC didn't talk to his teammates even with MC yelling at him to get the passing game going. Crazy 1 on 2s, insane shot selection. Where was our senior point guard's leadership? Where was the heart on the defensive glass? The first 2 minutes showed lack of heart and set the tone.
The irony of it all. TC setss the record and has a truly horrible assist game. I don't blame it on missed shots, but on what caused the missed shots.
collards is offline   Reply With Quote