Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome?
UC wins 20 60.61%
UCLA wins 13 39.39%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-18-2017, 01:24 PM   #41
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
We need to get back on defense every single possession. No walking down the court. This ain't SMU.

We should be able to dominate the boards. IF they beat us, I want them to beat our half court defense and if they do, then tip your caps to em. '

But if we let them play their game and run up and down the floor, then Ill be frustrated because it would be the wrong game plan.

We absolutely need not to press . Maybe Troy or KJ can guard full court but pressing is a bad idea. we haven't generated a lot of TO out of our soft press any way and Ball will just pass his way out of it. He won't even try to dribble through.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 01:50 PM   #42
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Yea, we haven't really done much press the entire season against way more inferior guards so I'm not sure why we would start against a team that does really well in transition.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 02:41 PM   #43
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Worst case we're in the Sweet 17!
Funny!!!
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 04:44 PM   #44
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Bearcat Rob is on a distinguished road
Really want mick to put Evans on ball, also want Cumberland in there alot for kj (I see Cumberland having a big time game tomorrow). But for starters I'd like to see:

-Evans on ball (balls passing is a concern for me he could see right over kj and pick us apart). I think Evans matches up very well on ball and would also keep him off glass
-Kj on Alford
-Troy on issac Hamilton
-Gary on leaf (that matchup will be huge for us. I hope Gary mans him up physically)
-Kyle on Walsh
*no match up zone
*got to keep them off glass 0 second chances and cannot turn ball over. We will go as Troy goes need him to keep attacking constantly and not let us go on droughts (scoring or creating). Can't wait for this game!

Last edited by Bearcat Rob; 03-18-2017 at 04:57 PM.
Bearcat Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 04:44 PM   #45
juckerrules
Elite Member

juckerrules is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Can't get in a track meet with a team that specializes in track meets
Right? That's like picking a sword fight with Zorro
juckerrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 05:35 PM   #46
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
We need to get back on defense every single possession. No walking down the court. This ain't SMU.

We should be able to dominate the boards. IF they beat us, I want them to beat our half court defense and if they do, then tip your caps to em. '

But if we let them play their game and run up and down the floor, then Ill be frustrated because it would be the wrong game plan.

We absolutely need not to press . Maybe Troy or KJ can guard full court but pressing is a bad idea. we haven't generated a lot of TO out of our soft press any way and Ball will just pass his way out of it. He won't even try to dribble through.
Since when do we walk up the floor to play defense?
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 05:59 PM   #47
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
I get a kick out of the posts that think we could possibly get caught up in a track meet...Lol!

Welcome to planet Earth
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 06:16 PM   #48
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I get a kick out of the posts that think we could possibly get caught up in a track meet...Lol!

Welcome to planet Earth
I really don't care what you label it. I just want to control tempo.

Last edited by jacobkdoyle; 03-18-2017 at 08:34 PM.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 07:26 PM   #49
UClaw89

UClaw89 is on a distinguished road
One word of caution, Kent State was playing pretty good defense in spurts during the game last night as we all know MAC teams are wont to do. From what I saw UCLA could handle it. Just saying it may not be easy. Might still just come down to whether Troy can put the ball in the hoop two games in a row and I am nervous.
UClaw89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 07:37 PM   #50
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UClaw89 View Post
One word of caution, Kent State was playing pretty good defense in spurts during the game last night as we all know MAC teams are wont to do. From what I saw UCLA could handle it. Just saying it may not be easy. Might still just come down to whether Troy can put the ball in the hoop two games in a row and I am nervous.
Comparing our defense to Kent state is pretty far fetched. No matter how "hard" they were playing they come in at 143 in adjusted defense according to Kenpom where we are 11th at the moment. They aren't even close to the same level as us.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote