Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2017, 11:57 AM   #261
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
I really can't wait to Rothstein tweets the neutral plans for UC and Florida.
Literally anything to get this thread back on track lol. Kid has gotten too much attention.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 11:58 AM   #262
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatboy View Post
OK last year I was wrong on five games out of 32 games sorry I can't be perfect
If you didn't have a propensity to seemingly always predict losses against the best games on our schedule I probably wouldn't have noticed.

It's all good...we are all fans and want the team to do well
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 01:18 PM   #263
Nayers

Nayers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
Literally anything to get this thread back on track lol. Kid has gotten too much attention.
Sheesh, you aint lying !
Nayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 02:14 PM   #264
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Interesting. I went back to look at the 2016 thread. Here are your comments with my comments in bold...

Easy schedule cuz I think we lose all big games this year (big shocker) to lack of depth
Duke (did not play)
At Iowa state (wrong)
At Butler (right)
Xavier (wrong)
Uconn (wrong)
At smu (right)
Uconn (wrong)

"Rhode Island is a win (wrong) but 4 of the 7 are definitely loses, duke ,iowa state, xavier and one of uconn's I guarantee it (wrong on all). 24-7 (wrong) is still a good recorded regular season..."

I would not call 2 out of 7 almost right on all losses.
Just stop already!! My stomach is hurting from the laughter!! Besides I like BB ( even tho he's dead wrong on this one lol).
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 03:43 PM   #265
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
The schedule we had last year and seem to will have next year is as about as good as we can expect as far as scheduling tough games. The problem with our scheduling is two parts. One, our conference is weak at the bottom. We can't control that. This year it was weak in the middle. That needs to change. Adding Wichita state is huge but we need Memphis and UConn to return to being top teams, at least top 50. The second problem is playing sub 250 and 300 teams. That's something UC needs to limit and can control better. Anyone expecting UC to be able to schedule 7 or 8 top 50 teams non-conference is just fooling themselves. Our conference needs to be better and we need to continue to find four or so tough non conference games and cut down on the really bad teams. Do that and we'll be fine. Our problem this year was only a few top 50 wins. The ACC was loaded with top 50 wins and the tourney committee rewarded them and looked bad in doing so. Hopefully in future years they'll realize there's more to seeding than just rewarding the same conferences for unbalancing a bad computer model (RPI).
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 09:50 AM   #266
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
All I can tell you is in 2 years when Lavar Ball walks through the new 5/3 arena he's getting nachols and popcorn thrown from the stands...from me.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 01:13 PM   #267
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
UCLA series set: http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/m-b...051117aae.html

Dec 16, 2017 @ UCLA

Dec 19, 2018 @ Cincy
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 03:11 PM   #268
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Bearcat Rob is on a distinguished road
Real Sorry bearcatboy but here's micks quote:

“We continue to work hard to play these type of games for our tournament résumé and our fans,” Cronin said. “Most importantly, we want our players and recruits to know that we are committed to playing the best teams in the country.”
Bearcat Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 04:10 PM   #269
prancer

prancer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
All I can tell you is in 2 years when Lavar Ball walks through the new 5/3 arena he's getting nachols and popcorn thrown from the stands...from me.
That's the kind of reaction he wants. That keeps him in the news cycle for another couple days. Your nachos won't hurt him one bit, but it keeps people talking about him. His "brand" is built on being controversial, on inciting those types of reactions from people by doing and saying outrageous things. The best thing you can do -- the best way to hurt him -- is to ignore him. Nothing annoys people like him more than being ignored.
prancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 04:59 PM   #270
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat Rob View Post
Real Sorry bearcatboy but here's micks quote:

“We continue to work hard to play these type of games for our tournament résumé and our fans,” Cronin said. “Most importantly, we want our players and recruits to know that we are committed to playing the best teams in the country.”
You can play as many good teams you want to look good in front of commits or recruits but if you lose it's going to make you look bad and like you don't belong with those top tier teams
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote