Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2017, 02:52 PM   #91
cincyfan21

cincyfan21 is on a distinguished road
There were a lot of good things from last night that everyone has mentioned but I noticed a major issue. Kyle was soft on the boards and made a lot of mistakes with the ball. I sat right behind the bench and Mick was so close to ripping his head off MULTIPLE times. I recall the words, "GET HIM OFF!!!!" more than once. I don't know if he is timid due to his history with foul trouble or what but that is not going to fly against good teams or with Mick as the coach...
cincyfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 02:56 PM   #92
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyfan21 View Post
There were a lot of good things from last night that everyone has mentioned but I noticed a major issue. Kyle was soft on the boards and made a lot of mistakes with the ball. I sat right behind the bench and Mick was so close to ripping his head off MULTIPLE times. I recall the words, "GET HIM OFF!!!!" more than once. I don't know if he is timid due to his history with foul trouble or what but that is not going to fly against good teams or with Mick as the coach...
Kyle takes that stuff to heart though. Sometimes you see fight even his teammates for a rebound. He wants to make Mick happy. But I bet its a bit tough trying to toe that line of being aggressive and not fouling. I mean he gets in trouble if he doesn't scrap for a rebound, then also gets in trouble when he picks up a dumb foul trying to rebound.

it seems like a large portion of Kyle's fouls are during offensive rebounds.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:05 PM   #93
cincyfan21

cincyfan21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Kyle takes that stuff to heart though. Sometimes you see fight even his teammates for a rebound. He wants to make Mick happy. But I bet its a bit tough trying to toe that line of being aggressive and not fouling. I mean he gets in trouble if he doesn't scrap for a rebound, then also gets in trouble when he picks up a dumb foul trying to rebound.

it seems like a large portion of Kyle's fouls are during offensive rebounds.
I do agree with you there but last night there were multiple times he just didn't flat out box out on defense. There was one possession I remember vividly where WC got two offensive rebounds over him. That, IMO, is unacceptable. Kyle is 100% a heart guy and I love that. He just needs to worry less about fouls and trust that if he does get into some foul trouble, we have the weapons off the bench now to supplement those minutes. There is a fine line between a foul working hard on the glass and a foul for reaching in when a guy has already secured the rebound.
cincyfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:17 PM   #94
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
Logan Johnson
Mick said some great things in the post interview about Logan, still growing and very quick. One more steal
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:18 PM   #95
rogerOH

rogerOH is on a distinguished road
I don't make a ton of bold predictions but the Keith Williams one was easy. Probably the best senior in NYC last year, played against top flight talent every night-size -athleticism- three level scoring-handles... everything. I think with his skill set he might be the best option at the end of games when you need points. Just wait till he starts making three's which he will.
rogerOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:26 PM   #96
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerOH View Post
I don't make a ton of bold predictions but the Keith Williams one was easy. Probably the best senior in NYC last year, played against top flight talent every night-size -athleticism- three level scoring-handles... everything. I think with his skill set he might be the best option at the end of games when you need points. Just wait till he starts making three's which he will.
And I hope you are right.
Old 11-14-2017, 03:29 PM   #97
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
"Maybe" too early. It "appears" we might be deep. Let's not get ahead. LOL!

Why not??? What is this board good for if not for predictions? Pessimism?

Why don't you predict what you think will happen? Then we can all figure out if we agree with you or not.
I predict that Keith Williams play will ultimately prove to be a drop off from the play of Evans and Cumberland. There's nothing pessimistic about it, just realistic.

I'm just trying to avoid setting the bar unrealistically high and jumping to conclusions like I see happen here all the time.

I've also already stated my predictions so they're on the appropriate threads if you'd like to research them.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:31 PM   #98
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
people had jenifer crowned as the stater as a freshman after the black and red scrimmage. its what folks do.

when you try to temper the craziness you come off as a hater.
I'm well aware.....
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:41 PM   #99
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyfromNKY View Post
I gotta agree with this. Williams still hasn't made a three and until he does quality teams are going to sag off of him and take away his strength that is driving. Once he adjusts to this then I think it is safe to make a determination on how productive he will be this year.
Keith Williams is the first Bearcats freshman to score at least 10 points in his first two games since SK. Not saying he is going to be as good as SK but he is much more polished at a younger age than SK was. He is just as slick finishing at the rim as SK. These are things to be excited about people.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:42 PM   #100
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
I predict that Keith Williams play will ultimately prove to be a drop off from the play of Evans and Cumberland. There's nothing pessimistic about it, just realistic.

I'm just trying to avoid setting the bar unrealistically high and jumping to conclusions like I see happen here all the time.

I've also already stated my predictions so they're on the appropriate threads if you'd like to research them.
And I hope you are right too ! That means Cumberland and Evans are going to have one hell of a season. LOL !!