Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-23-2019, 05:38 PM   #341
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
Wow Kelsey decided to accept the NKU job, according to college basketball insiders all over Twitter, and as of I guess an hour ago has withdrawn his name from the NKU job and is going back to Winthrop. This isn't his first time or 2nd time he has done that to a program.

Last edited by the_one_32; 04-23-2019 at 05:44 PM.
the_one_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:05 PM   #342
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Although it’s nowhere near official, report is that its sounding "more and more likely" that Curtis sticks with UC. Cross your ******* fingers and toes.
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:25 PM   #343
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
It would be nice to start hearing some names drop. Assistant coach or two. A transfer or two. A current player or two deciding to stay.

Sounds like it’s all heating up at the same time and most is positive! i was Getting a little worried...
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:32 PM   #344
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealUC View Post
Although it’s nowhere near official, report is that its sounding "more and more likely" that Curtis sticks with UC. Cross your ******* fingers and toes.
We know Scott is staying and we know we can’t do anything about Cumberland. So I was hoping we could hold 3 of 4 from Williams, Brooks, Johnson and Curtis. Williams looks good to go. If Curtis stays then Brannnen just needs to lock down one more (or both) between Johnson and Brooks. Maybe news of others staying will help them make a decision.
Old 04-23-2019, 09:03 PM   #345
Bearcats92

Bearcats92 is on a distinguished road
What’s the news with Samari?
Bearcats92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 09:34 PM   #346
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcats92 View Post
New coach must be pitching him well.... Who knows tho.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 08:04 AM   #347
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcats92 View Post
From the post above it sounds like a rumor...but at least it's a good one and not the other way around.

Initially it all sounded like mostly negative speculation with guys like Curtis, Johnson, and Brooks. Just hearing anything positive is a move in the right direction.

We are starting to see some recruiting reports, NKU has made a hire, and now a few positive tid bits from the current players.

Could be a good week for news! We are going to make some coaching hires one way or another. We will get some recruits one way or another. But the current players staying is what I would like to see right now. I would settle for most of them staying.

Cumberland isn't high on the draft board. I don't see much better potential for Brooks than right here at UC. Johnson is our only PG and it seems like a great opportunity for him. If Curtis is leaning UC that is a big deal because out of all of them he has put in no sweat for us so far...so his ties to us should not be as strong as the others. He wouldn't have to sit out a year either. Not that others couldn't get a hardship waiver but the decision for anyone else to leave SHOULD be a little tougher.
Old 04-24-2019, 08:16 AM   #348
waterhead
Senior Moderator

This week I would love to see.

Coaching. Rehfeldt locked in (there are none better) and one NKU assistant hire for Brannen's system continuity. Perhaps Shumate.

Recruiting. One player commit for this year...a guard that can shoot.

Current players. Some positive vibes from at least one of Curtis, Johnson, and or Brooks.

I would love to see more than this but for this week I would settle.
Old 04-24-2019, 09:22 AM   #349
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
From the post above it sounds like a rumor...but at least it's a good one and not the other way around.

Initially it all sounded like mostly negative speculation with guys like Curtis, Johnson, and Brooks. Just hearing anything positive is a move in the right direction.

We are starting to see some recruiting reports, NKU has made a hire, and now a few positive tid bits from the current players.

Could be a good week for news! We are going to make some coaching hires one way or another. We will get some recruits one way or another. But the current players staying is what I would like to see right now. I would settle for most of them staying.

Cumberland isn't high on the draft board. I don't see much better potential for Brooks than right here at UC. Johnson is our only PG and it seems like a great opportunity for him. If Curtis is leaning UC that is a big deal because out of all of them he has put in no sweat for us so far...so his ties to us should not be as strong as the others. He wouldn't have to sit out a year either. Not that others couldn't get a hardship waiver but the decision for anyone else to leave SHOULD be a little tougher.
Chad reported that while he has not spoken directly with Curtis, he has spoken with several people around him that have indicated it's looking more and more likely he will stay. He was hesitant to even report it, seeing how its not 100%, but it should quell the doomsday predictions for now.
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 09:59 AM   #350
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealUC View Post
Chad reported that while he has not spoken directly with Curtis, he has spoken with several people around him that have indicated it's looking more and more likely he will stay. He was hesitant to even report it, seeing how its not 100%, but it should quell the doomsday predictions for now.
Thanks for the update. If Chad was the source he should probably be listed as such in the first post. There are a lot of rumors floating right now so sources are important and need to be cited. Credit where credit is due. Again, thanks for citing the source.

I feel a lot better knowing the source on this one isn't some random. Chad is pretty particular in what is divulged.